Voodoo 5 6000 or geforce 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Guest, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi. i would like to know wether i should get a geforce 2 or a voodoo 5 6000. the thing about the voodo is that its gonna be like 300 dollars more. i wanna get a card that will last for 3 more years for games. which card do you think i should get. would a regular geforce last 3 years or would i need a gefoprce 2 or atlest a voodoo 5 6000

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The performance of V5 5500 is near with GeForce2 (20-30 frames behind sometimes less)<BR>and it hasn't got the fill-rate of GF2.V5 6000 brakes the Gigapixel barrier(3Dfx says so and before anyone says the other thing they should at least see the board first).<BR>It may be more expensinve than the GF2 but it may also be as fast or even faster than it.It is up to u (Or your pocket if u like.)

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    PS<BR>I think that both cards will last u(My 3D card is a Voodoo2 and it works great with all the games.)However i think V5 6000 might last more.($600)

4. Voodoo FAN

Voodoo FAN Guest

The Voodoo 5 6000 i just TOO expensive, if that doesn't stop you, go for it, it will last for more than 3 years.

5. neo1999

neo1999 Guest

What card from 3 years ago is still good for gaming now? An S3 virge? Voodoo 1? LOL! Buy a Geforce 2 MX now, and upgrade yearly. You'll save money, and always have an up-to-date product.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I find this whole debate a trip. The V5 6000 wouldn't last 3 months!!! Developers are implementing features RIGHT NOW that are NOT supported by the VSA-100. The ONLY thing the V5-6000 can offer is fillrate. That is not nearly enough to cut it.<P>And guess what? The V5-6000 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR RETAIL !!!!!!!!!<BR>3dfx know it is a wash and sold it to themselves. You will get this news soon enough. This is good news for the few suckers who were going to get screwed if they bought one.

7. A. R. Pakdel

A. R. Pakdel Guest

Sorry you guys, Voodoo 6000 is canceled.<P>------------------<BR>Amir R. Pakdel<BR> <A HREF="mailto:apakdel@guru3d.com">apakdel@guru3d.com</A> <BR><A HREF="http://www.Guru3D.com" TARGET=_blank>www.Guru3D.com</A>