Which manufacturer do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ..VeNoM.., May 9, 2012.

?

Which manufacturer

1. Gainward

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Gigabyte

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. MSI

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Asus

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. EVGA

40 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Please help me decide who I go with on my GPU purchase. It will be a reference design purchase.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a Point of View GTX 580 and I bought a GTX 680 by the same manufacturer for the simple reason that their cards are reasonably priced and have proven to be reliable so far.

However, I understand that other manufacturers have better warranties/customer support and some like EVGA offer an upgrade option to newer cards when they come out hence their cards are usually a little more expensive.

Other than that I don't think there is much to choose between them so if you like the idea of being able to upgrade your old card to a new one for a small cost then go for EVGA otherwise just buy the cheapest one you can get. The reference cards are all identical except for the logos, etc.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I go for the card with the features I want (ie accelero extreme plus cooler), then the cheapest of those, then choose one with best warranty.
    For the mostpart it doesnt matter which mfr unless they dont have the features you want.

Unless you want to mod the card, then you need XFX or EVGA to get the most leeway with warranty.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    What cards exactly are you considering?

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Evga have a better warranty than others, also I haven't had one crap out on me yet :p

6. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    EVGA all the way, awesome warranty. Nothing else i need to add i guess.

7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Reference design. Well first criteria is warranty second is price (or vice-versa :D)
    If it's reference it really doesn't matter, it's same stuff but with different sticker/accessories/shiny box.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    My current card is my second from Zotac. Never had any issues etc.

But my next card is most likely going to be KFA2.

It seems Alternate Germany got the KFA2 GTX 680 EX OC 4GB for sale. I contacted the Dutch Alternate to see if it's possible to order it thru there.

9. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Well it's mainly customer support I'm more interested in as I'll be looking to get one of the above company brands GTX 690. From top to bottom there is a £30 price difference.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If you like extra goodies then Gigabyte is not the way to go. You basically get the card, some plastic wrapped around it and the box itself. No more, no less.

11. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Asus and MSI for Radeons and overclocking. EVGA for Geforces if you value warranty and customer service more than cooling.

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I usually buy the cheapest one...

No problems with Sparkle, Gigabyte, eVGA, BFG, Albatron, POV or Gainward. Might go with KFA2 next if those are not too pricey or something else, Zotac seems nice as it's one of those who make reasonably priced cards.

That POV btw was GTX260 C216, I dont like the new ones because they dropped that huge picture of that awesome frog out from their boxes. There might still be a small picture of frog but it's not the same and it's a big deal to me!

13. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I hear Gigabyte are pretty fantastic when it comes to RMA.

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Used to be BFG until they went under.

Now its either EVGA or PNY. I've had good luck with both of them.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    EVGA, all the way as I've used them pretty much exclusively over the past few years (since Geforce 7), due to an awesome experience with their customer service department, and a dead 7800GT. Truthfully, I've been thinking of starting to use Zotac, and Galaxy, but at the same time their cards cards cost a bit more.

16. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Before BFG and now EVGA.

17. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    EVGA still good in the UK? I was thinking ASUS purely because I have a ROG board.

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Seems XFX don't let you mod their cards here in the UK as they said I couldn't add a water block without voiding the warranty.

19. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    I am really surprised by my ECS purchase. I mean they work without a problem, OC decently well and they were the cheapest available when I bought them. Although not the best warranty, it's enough to last until I upgrade again. Don't know about customer service since I have never needed them anyway which is a good thing in my book.

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Dude.. I know the name may sound like its to far out there yet you left it out

"Galaxy"

I got this one. Come pre OC one of highest.. not like you cant OC any of them lol. Was just 10 more then newegg which to this day never got one email saying they had any in stock lol.

I like EVGA just didnt want to keep waiting. And I have had evga go bad but getting replaced was super easy. The only other I had go bad was Asus.