SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glitch203

glitch203 Guest

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    Which preset are you using?

/ Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 // [0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 0 // [0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique
    #define USE_CA 0 // [0 or 1] Chromatic aberration. You can only use Chromatic Aberration OR the Explosion Shader. Not both at the same time.
    #define USE_EXPLOSION 0 // [0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
    #define USE_CARTOON 0 // [0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.(Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
    #define USE_LEVELS 0 // [0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
    #define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 // [0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. Set gaussian blur along with it to get a halation effect
    #define USE_BLOOM 0 // [0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 // [0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 // [0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_GAUSSIAN 0 // [0 or 1] Gaussian Blur : can be used to... blur, but also bloom/hazy/glowy look, also unsharp masking
    #define USE_FILMGRAIN 0 // [0 or 1] Filmgrain effect
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 // [0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 // [0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_MONOCHROME 0 // [0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 // [0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 0 // [0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 0 // [0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 1 // [0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 // [0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 // [0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 1 // [0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_BORDER 0 // [0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 // [0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

32-bit 1960 d3d11 bug dark gamma on sleeping dogs

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    Ah well. I said to use the default preset I supplied BEFORE trying other presets.

It's not hard to read...

If SMAA is disabled, you need to fix gamma by configuring and enabling Lift Gamma Gain. Copy the parameters I used for LGG from my default preset and it will fix the problem.

3. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    Strange, my game crashes before it loads up the menu. Which wrapper did you use exactly?

4. 2mg

2mg Member

GPU:
    Bump for integration of Boulotaur2024's .dll files, since both 32 and 64 versions include FXAA and SMAA in one single file, makes life alot easier!
    :nerd:

PS: I can't get Configurator to work with Boulotaur's .dll files... :bang:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Hey adi,

Thanks for the updated package. Same issues and same errors as reported earlier for Wolfenstein and FTL, but I think this a function of the injector and not your packaging (and the reason Crosire is still working on the new one). I tried your setup though as these were OpenGL titles and I hadn't tried eFX before, so thankyou for making it. I'll definitely be trying it out with DX-based games as well.

6. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    The 1960 one, but I tried this on my Win 7 drive and the game wouldn't launch. It only launches on Win 8.

7. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    Aha.. interesting. I just moved to 8.1 during the night. In 7 it didn't work at all. No matter what I tried.

8. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    Hawken (dx9) works great with eFX 1.9.60 on Win 8.1 with 4x(MSAA+SGSS - needs Inspector hack + ini tweak):

[​IMG]

9. Cilitbäng

Cilitbäng Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 590
    Hi Adi,

works great with:

- Aliens:Colinal Marines (DX9) (SX custom settings / below)
    - Batman-Origins (DX11) (SX preset settings)
    - FarCry3 (DX11) (SX preset settings)

But how can I open the eFX menu ingame? The keys dosen´t work for me (HOME, etc.).

I using the 1960 wrapper (x86) on Win 8.1.

And this is my SX settings. (for Aliens: Colonial Marines)

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique. WIP - Currently only works in DX9 and you need to use the FXAA injector dlls.
    #define USE_EXPLOSION 1//[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
    #define USE_CARTOON 1 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image. (Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
    #define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 1//[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. (Interferes with SMAA, Cartoon, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen, and it has a very high performance cost)
    #define USE_BLOOM 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_LEVELS 0 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_MONOCHROME 0 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights
    #define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 1 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_FILMGRAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Filmgrain effect
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 1 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 1 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_BORDER 0 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014

11. herpinderpin

herpinderpin New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670
    No longer working with FFXIV regardless of the versions I try and with any presets. Was using previously with no issues. As far as I know the game nor any other programs updated and now I'm getting spammed with a "The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll" when I delete and reload in my previous versions of SFX.

Any thoughts?

12. chewie

chewie Member

GPU:
    Visiontek R9 280x 3GB
    I can't get SweetFX to work with Pinball Arcade (store.steampowered[dot]com/app/238260). Anyone know why? It says it uses DirectX 9. When I press Pause/Break the game pauses for a split second like it's reloading but pressing Scroll Lock does nothing.

13. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Crosire just added DX8 support to his new hook (which we are either going to call ReShade or CrossHook) yesterday.

DX8 is rather limited shaderwise so in order to be able to use more advanced shaders it translates/wraps DX8 to DX9.

Crosire is currently rewriting the parts that actually renders the image and add shaders but the translation works so he made a special version that only does that.

I just used it with Hitman 2, which is a DX8 game, but using the DX8 to DX9 wrapper it is translated to DX9. I then added the regular SweetFX 1.5.1 package and it runs fine.

So now you can use a DX8 only version of Crosires new hook (Reshade/CrossHook) in conjunction with SweetFX 1.5.1 to run SweetFX on DX8 games.

You can still also use the ENB DX8 to DX9 converter, but now you have an alternative.

I have uploaded to several places.
    You can download it from :

ge.tt
    Google Drive
    DropCanvas

Please let Crosire and me know how well it works with your DX8 games and remember to upload your presets for those DX8 games to the SweetFX Settings Database (by Terrasque)

BTW: Crosire even made a 64bit version of this in the extremely unlikely case that anyone should ever need it.
    All DX8 games were created before 64bit came around for Windows and so there are no 64bit DX8 games. Technically someone could still create one today if they were crazy enough and if they do Crosire has that covered.

I didn't bother to upload that though .. ask me for it should you need it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  14. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Just tried it out on Hitman 2 like CeeJay suggested to me.. and it works flawlessly.

Here is the preset i put together really quick. Nothing to fancy..

On
    [​IMG]

Off
    [​IMG]

Preset
    http://tny.cz/4292d85f

15. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Amazing!
    Max Payne 2 is a DX8.1 game IIRC, I will give it another playthrough when I get home.

Thanks guys.

16. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    [​IMG]

Vertex/Pixel shaders calls are a nightmare to convert from d3d8 to d3d9. I tried a month ago before giving up. I guess it is possible but no one cares enough. Well, kudos if you do !

(Max Payne 1 should work though)

EDIT : don't waste your time on this guys, that's a lot of APIs to cover already

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  17. Xratecl

Xratecl Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB
    Hello, New to the forums. Thought I'd say hello.
    But i do have a Question for you fine folks.

Do any of you Play Tera Online with SweetFX?

Long story Short.
    I have tried multiple version's of the SweetFX Config, but no matter what i do Tera Just Crashes upon Launch. Gives me Fatal Client Exception.
    I believe it has something to do with the d3d9.dll because If i delete that, And only that Tera Loads up (but SweetFX doesn't work). But once the .dll is back in. Game Crashes.

I once had this working before i reformatted my drive and reinstalled everything. But i cannot remember the steps i took to get it working.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated. I have googled my brain out, but can't seem to find the answer sadly.

And yes. I have tried running both the config as well as Tera as Administrator.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Post the sweetfx log, and also what did the crash information window showing?

19. Xratecl

Xratecl Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB
    From Log:

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\Binaries\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
    try to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\Binaries" for shader files

Game Error:

Error: ffff:ffff
    Fatal Game Client Exception

This is an error that displays when TERA stops working for an unknown reason. We recommend that you attempt to play again. If the problem persists, please visit FAQ below for additional troubleshooting steps.

20. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Did you try that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.