SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I will try Boloutaur's for BF3, I use Ceejay's v1.4 for Borderlands 2 with a preset I chose from the site:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/236/

Works great.-

Any recommended preset for BF3?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. ray233

ray233 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7870 2GB
    Nobody plays in 3D and uses SweetFX?

3. dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    my problem got solved using the the radeon pro utility, i have an nvidia card and it works great

follow this guide

http://forums.warpportal.com/index....-anti-aliasing-injections/page-4#entry1342779

4. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Good to hear that Radeon Pro worked for you bud. :)

5. dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    yes it did! thanks a lot

6. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    some Dark Souls shots. (WIP)

is hard make good settings for this game. Sometimes is too dark, sometimes too bright or oversaturated :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
  8. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Hey guys. Can you help me getting SweetFX working in Far cry 3 under DX11 please? I haven't got it working myself. I've used latest version of both SweetFX and RadeonPRO. I read on several places that u can't use Sweetfx under dx11 in FC3. I've also read that some got it working using RadeonPro, well I aint. Any word on this CeeJay?

Edit. Did a search in this thread and found this post: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4588761&highlight=cry#post4588761

Tried to download his SweetFX 1.4 TV-Level Version also using his own FC3 settings but it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong here??

Ceejay said in this post that using RadeonPRO with SweetFX works in FC3+DX11 http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/124755-13-sweetfx#1804667

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Have you tired using Boulotaur's Injector? If not give that a shot, don't know that it'll matter though to be honest. Not much we can do to help you on this because, if I recall correctly, it's an issue with the SMAA injection code. It's sort of interesting it works for some people but not the majority; not that the difference between DX9 and 11 is all that big nor important to the overall game in my opinion.

EDIT: Re-read that quote. :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  10. Carlito

Carlito New Member

Just wanted to chime in and say radeonpro is working to resolve DX11 issues with tomb raider.

Also thought it would be good to mention that I have also looked around on different forums and it seems to be and issue happening for users with windows 8.1, maybe its caused by the new DX11.2 files in Windows 8.1.

Im also curious what RadeonPro is doing differently that works in comparison to the normal sweetfx files.

11. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    SweetFX wouldn't work in any DX11 games in Windows 8.1 for me. I rolled back to Windows 8 purely because I wanted to use SweetFX (for some games like BF3 I can't play without it ;)

12. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Anyone can help me please to get to work SweetFX 1.4 with Killing Floor, im using directx9

in the game but i cant get to work

Bye and thanks

13. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Yeah why would i read it again? He states it's possible to get SweetFX working under dx11 using radeonpro betas, but I already have version 1.1.1.0 which is from Januari, so it's the same version. There is no newer beta version.

14. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Anyone know why there's such a big performance impact when downsampling? Normally I only lose 5 or 6 frames but when downsampling from 4K I lose 15 frames.
    I only use sharpening to counter the blur I get with downsampling

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I'm aware of what he said however the reply was before that beta build(which the number hasn't changed at all) and it's quite possible that under that build it no longer works. I should have stated that you should re-read the quote and note the date, just because it's possible for it to work on RadeonPro doesn't mean it will.

Also the latest build is from April - http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4496093&postcount=2
    Download link

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Works fine form me. You might have to launch the game from the EXE directly, as well as disabling the steam overlay.

17. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    Left 4 Dead 2 SweetFX

After installing Win7 x64, (bolotaur 2024) SweetFX stopped working(game runs without crashes, but couldn't enable SweetFX). At Win7 x86 it was working fine, even with ingame AA ON. I tried to use dll files from (bolotaur 2024) SweetFX(x64) folder , but no reason. The location where i put SweetFX files is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\bin (it was working at Win7 x86) Also i tried to put SweetFX files in Left 4 Dead 2 folder and d3d9.dll to the bin folder, but no reason. Ingame AA is Disabled. fraps, EVGA Precision are turned off.

Can anyone help please? It's unbelievable, that no one plays L4D 2 with SweetFX on Win7 SP1 x64

Sorry for my bad English...

18. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Manoffaith - I played L4D2 quite recently with SweetFX; the files don't go into the bin folder, they just go into the the main directory. Also you don't use the 64bit dll with L4D2 as it's not a 64bit exe.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't reply to you on this earlier, was only skimming through posts and I missed yours on page 54.

[​IMG]

19. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    Zomgerd

First of all thank you for replay.
    If i put d3d9.dll to the L4D2 main folder, game don't runs, as it was at Win7 x86 and for me, a correct location of d3d9.dll and other sweetfx files was bin folder, to make it work.

At first (Win7 x64; d3d9.dll in L4D2 main folder) no message was appearing, but now, when i'm trying to launch game it says that "d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer". I've DX11 and after that message installed DX9 from microsoft.com, but without result. Can you link me exactly your SweetFX files please? Maybe the point is our Different VGAs...

20. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.