Gtx 570 bios flash

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by antboy6969, Dec 11, 2011.

1. antboy6969

antboy6969 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    hey guys here is my last post :http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352495 it will explain the issues i am having with my asus gtx 570 direct cu2 slied with gigabyte gtx 570.
    the gigabyte card can easily get to 900mhz at 1.1mv but the higest the asus card can get to at 1.1(max on msi ab) is 800-830 and when the cards are slied the max core clock i can get is bout 800 with both cards at 1.1mv.

so because i realy wanna push my comp to the limit i wanna flash the bios on my asus direct cu2 to give it some more juice (volts) to make it run at a higher clock maybe around 850-900 so it can match my gigabyte card.

so i am looking for an easy to use nvidia bios editting guide because i have never attempted anything like this.

and plese if you have any reccomendation's plese feel free as any help is greatly appreciated.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Bios flash wont guarantee higher overclocks, unless it raises the voltage which you can do without the flash. Secondly not all cards OC equally, you can find huge variances in the OC'ability of GPUs, even of the same model and brand. Personally I would just settle for the 800 OC, SLI'd 570s are powerful as is, but its your call. To OC the voltage, use MSI afterburner.

3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I flashed both my cards to be able putting 1.21vGPU and 100% fan speed (it was caped to 85% before). no clock raises tho.

Everything operational and this is the tool i used in time: NiBiTor v5.7(maybe has it been updated ? ), MSI AB and GPU-Z.

Rq: I remenber i had issues reading voltage modifications in a certain version of GPU-Z, 0.50 maybe ? don't remenber sorry. I just picked an older version and it was ok then.

As a consequence of what Alnm told you, it is only worthy if you want to go over your actual max vGPU, mine was caped to 1.1v so verify in your case if it is worthy before flashing your device.

Pay attention to the VRM's heat, this is actually the bottleneck ! Even at subzero temps it was still the problem xD so i think i might buy two of those :p to care of these VRM annoying basterds:)

Enjoy

4. Craig_M

Craig_M Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 560Ti 448 Classified
    Yeah, what alanm said.

You already know that the Asus card won't overclock any higher by increasing voltage. Flashing it's bios, even with a bios that has a higher vtt setting, won't make a difference. If anything you're just going to make things worse.