Bus speed Overclock 250BCLK x 18 = 4.5Ghz 6700k

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by akbaar, Dec 27, 2015.

1. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    So I have managed to reach a bus speed of 250BCLK on my ASUS Maximus Impact VIII with 6700k cpu. :nerd:

had to set these values:
    1) PLL Termination Voltage 1.5v
    2) Level 7 PLL Bandwidth
    3) PCH core 1.2v

it is awesome figures to look at having Bus speed running that high while your cpu and ram run high too!

CPU @ 4.5ghz
    Multi 18x
    RAM @ 3000 mhz
    Bus speed @ 250 mhz

here is screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    That cinebench score seems low? default clocked 6700K have better result, unless i'm missing something :)

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's running at 1.8ghz?

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Why overclock a K CPU by changing baseclock anyway? AFAIK there's no real benefit from increasing baseclock speed as such (like CineBench would suggest) and it may and usually will cause other issues.

Cool bump tho, I'll give that, but pretty pointless.

5. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Hello! wow! that's impressive!!! thx for sharing! What is the CPU voltage?

Do we need the raise the bus speed to improve something? Is the data withing the board's components traveling faster?

Since my RAM is running at it's specified speed using the XMP profile, I didn't feel like touching the bus speed yet... But should we try?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  6. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    I found leaving most everything on auto works well for me and 200 BCLK should be easily doable. Just set the BCLK to 200, lower the multipliers until the cpu and cpu cache speeds are what they were before setting it to 200 and set the DRAM frequency back to what it was.

The only thing you might need to fool with is the FCLK. FCLK x BCLK = system agent clock. You want to try and keep the system agent clock at 1000MHz but I've had it to 1600MHz with no ill effects. You can set the FCLK to 800MHz, 800 FCLK x 200 BCLK = 1600MHz system agent clock.

As you can see there isn't a whole lot of performance gain but it did give a 3-4 FPS increase going from 100 BCLK to 300 BCLK.