Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im only using Reshade + sweetfx atm.
    these are my settings http://a.pomf.se/istqpl.zip

Thanks, ive tried with default clocks but still get the device hung message.
    seems im not the only one though, lots of people on the steam forum as well on the techland forum complaining about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/613948093895156552/

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/2772-new-resizebuffers-problem/

Im not sure if the crashing is related to the memory bug, but it sure needs to be fixed.
    along with triple buffering. Really hate everytime it happens :(

Really love the game, its improved over dead island games, more freedom, climbing on stuff, swimming too. better bosses and mini bosses too. dead island ones were kind of boring.

just got the head stomp finish move :D
    I hardly make any blue print weapons, only think i make with blue prints are basicly med packs lol
    Just bought the shotgun, but ill keep that for a special occasion :p
    Too bad we cant use any vehicles or bikes though, but hopefully that will be a part of dead island 2.
    its also funny that the AI is so dumb they will go path tracing after you, so if i stand behind some spears they will just run in on them lol
    also the guy with the hammer , well he has some problems with swimming lol :D

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    How to kill those night creatures pls

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Early on you probably can't since your weapons will only deal damage in the low 100's if even that and those creatures have quite a bit more health than the common infected.

Flares and other light sources work to drive them off but otherwise you need to sneak past them or otherwise avoid them until better weapons become available.
    (You can still kill them but it takes quite some time and it's more likely they kill you faster than you can kill them.)

4. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    If you have the UV flashlight you can stop them in their tracks, making them run away. If you want strong weapons early on, try to break into a police van. Though be warned, a police van is typically surrounded by a large horde of infected, and the lock is rated at very hard.

The payout is good though, I found sacrificial short swords and katanas that rated 1200+ in damage. Add some upgrades and craft some modifiers, and you can kill volatiles (the night creatures) and the large infected in two swings. Almost everything else will die with one swing, but don't forget about durability (which is why I raided quite a few police vans).

5. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Traps work good, one was chasing me outside the tower entrance I ran inside & it ran into one of the oil drums with rebar sticking through it & it kebabed itself :D .

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thank u guys so we can kill them. So good. So good.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Think I'm gonna have to start looking for police vans.

8. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Fast travel kind of defeats the purpose of having to get to a safe-zone before it gets dark. So no, there's no fast-travel, and I'm glad there isn't.

Well, the only fast-travel there is, is in coop when you need to talk to an NPC or get to a place related to a quest and are waiting for your mates to get there. Your mates can then fast-travel to you. Which is convenient.

The clothes are purely aesthetic and does not impact game-play.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    An airdrop happened to be coming down very close to where I was so I got there and looted the first case, then thought it'd be fun to ambush Rais'? guys so I backed away but they never came, did I scare them off emptying the first case or is it scripted that they don't arrive if you're first?

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Didn't even know this was out yet, and there was a single player, but think i'll give it a miss till its had a fair few patches, as it sounds like a right mess at present.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Actually it's pretty solid.
    The last patch increased performance for most people.

Hell, even on my system I'm getting good performance.

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I decided to monitor my vid memory usage just for interests sake and I get 3220 mb with high textures I wonder how accurate that is? I'm using Evga software, it's just that the game is working smooth with no stuttering at 120hz/120fps thought I might get some stutter going over my cards video memory or is gsync helping out big time?

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I found a very small lake like place which leads to a cave if u dive and swim which is dark area. A few zombies and a dark creature. There r odd mash rooms. Green. I can't pick. And no loot? Nothing to do and no where to go. Or I must trigger something ?

This place is in the sour west of the tower we start at. On map south of some toxic place.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Interesting, thanks.

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Runs pretty decent, I'd say 45 fps at 1440p on one 290x. CFX doesn't seem ready yet, but if they get it working good, should be able to do a solid 60 fps. Right now I get a smoother experience on one card then 3, but I can live with a solid 45 fps.

16. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I'm getting an issue with some textures not showing fully. It's mostly the writing on the walls inside the tower and shop signs. Any solution for this at all? I'm max settings apart from textures which are on medium due to stutter on high.

Any help much appreciated :)

17. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Part of a quest for a witch.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I might give it a go, thanks.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

Ahh thank u

And fck me. Look at this combo.

Can camouflage myself with dead zombies.

And diken tak down neck br along. Even those night creatur s dies. Awesome.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Also, the game is set in your home country.

SO AUTHENTIC