[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh logging in to xbox app and loging out and rebooting seem to clear error.

my OCD for the.. something cause ocd is never a win or loss haha

2. chumanga1

chumanga1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770
    I received Creators update today and decided to instlal it, but glitches are everywhere now.

UI is crazy and causing heavy visual glitches when messing around with custom resolutions.

My system just crashed with a firefox error message then screen becomes total black with only mouse pointer showing up and still moving.
    Windows Log Event: Windows has successfully diagnosed an insufficient virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed most of the virtual memory: explorer.exe (472) consumed 29088899072 bytes, firefox.exe (12184) consumed 493133824 bytes, and firefox.exe (9420) consumed 315617280 bytes.

If i not reading wrong explorer.exe consumed 29GB of virtual memory apparently.

I was running firefox with some few tabs open, and running duplicate cleaner for a 5GB folder size of duplications. I'm using NVIDIA drivers 378.66 and dont know if that can be the problem?

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Did MS made any changes about Edge extensions data storage?
    Adblock plus does not save the subscribed list any-more if you delete cookies.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Never had problems with windows search and superfetch until Windows 10. They are supposed only run when system is idle. But they don't. First I disable Windows search because it was hogging the drive when I was running apps. And now tempted to disable superfetch because hogs the drive when I using the system causing stuff to load slow or hangs.
    Telemetry made it even worse
    Hell I caught the stuff running when system was defragging, causing it to runs really slow and not able fully defrag...

Never had to disable so much stuff to do stuff....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Have they released any newer updates after .138 cumulative? That one was a mess for me.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    nope. not yet.

they too worried about pushing out insider builds...............:infinity:

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and this error is back! XD

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Do not know if this has been mentioned yet. Only way was able to get DISM working was booting from the RS2 install usb and selecting repair and then selecting the option to use the command prompt. Once there this command worked:

DISM.exe /Image:X\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

"X" being the drive letter Windows is installed on.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No, not yet. Mine still says im up to date.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    After all this time I finally tried Edge for real.. I gotta say.. I'm impressed and set it to my default browser.. It's kinda weird to shed the "Google Machine" in favor of something else but.. It's a god damn nice browser experience.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Encountered a weird issue on a laptop. After resuming from hibernation, the login screen just wouldn't go away after logging in. It would spin the circle for a while and just return to the lock screen. I had to use the power icon in the login screen to restart the PC. WTF. It has happened only once but sheesh.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's possible you may have had an update pending requiring a reboot.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I use Edge too as my main browser on my home PC and like it a lot as it's very fast. However, it does still have issues such as not being able to log into my online banking account for some reason (I have to use Chrome or Firefox for that). Microsoft have also fixed the year long issue too with oddly not being able to sign into the Google account on the Google.com page (I saw a lot of people mentioning this).

The only issue I have with Edge really, other than the online banking thing, is that it is cumbersome to edit bookmarks, say, if you want to change the link itself because the old one no longer works. You cannot edit them (that I can see) so you have to delete the old one then add the new one. On Chrome, Firefox and even Internet Explorer you can right-click and edit them (right-clicking seems to be something many UWP apps don't support, likely due to the nature of touch screen interfaces).

Another weird issue I've had with Windows 10 ever since release and one has not been fixed is the way that windows will stop indicating when icons have been selected. By that I mean, if you click on an icon or highlight a group of them then you can see that they have been selected but in every version of Windows 10 that I've tried this functionality seems to break after an unspecified amount of time such that the icons no longer have the selected animations. It's not a big deal and it is fixed by restarting the PC but it's an issue I've never come across in earlier versions of Windows, not even Windows 8/8.1 so it appears to be a bug (possibly one specific to my particular PC?). Has anyone else come across this?

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope. It was fully updated. Besides, pending updates have never caused this in the past, even on this build of windows.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I updated to 1703 last night using the MS updater (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) I thought I was on the final official version of Win 10 Creators (I want to turn off insider preview builds), this is what winver shows:

[​IMG]

But when I go to settings/updates to stop the insider builds it shows this:

[​IMG]

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I am still at 1607 but I pressed Win+G accidentally and was presented with dialog box about gaming mode with checkbox to confirm that current app is a game. Isn`t it strange?

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 (KB4016240):

Code:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/crup/2017/04/windows10.0-kb4016240-x86_7c7fcf0d4018e4244561cde531c3fb583d9f3051.msu
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/crup/2017/04/windows10.0-kb4016240-x64_0e60aebeb151d4b3598e4cfa9b4ccb1fc80e6e4d.msu
    Source: MDL

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    There has been an update today and the build number is 15063.250. Get that and then see what it says. After doing the MS updater on my systems, I had 15063.138 or something like that. I never saw 15063.0

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Just needs to choose the last option "Keep giving builds until the next release" and it will opt him out