Refresh Rate Win10

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by blitz72, Jul 30, 2015.

1. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Hey all. I just did the big plunge into Windows 10. Everything seems good to go except that all my games only go to 59hz and it's making some of my games act weird. I have my desktop at 1080 60hz but looks like every game I have tried only goes to 59...? I have installed the latest drivers posted on the front page of here(G3D). Any ideas? Thanks for your time! :)

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Its a bug that has plagued windows for a while. Download a program called CRU and make a custom profile at 60Hz and then reboot. Then you will be able to select 60Hz for your panel.

3. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Thanks but I must not be using it right or it's not working. Any other ideas or maybe a lil explanation on how I work cru? Ugh... Thank you for the reply!

4. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If you have the 59hz problem, delete the resolution where it says "Detailed Resolutions".

Then go where it says "Default Extension Block", choose "Custom Extension Block", click edit, then add in the "Detailed Resolutions" (in this extension block menu) and add your resolution @ 60hz.

Btw, this is how you "overclock" your HZ. You can try to use more HZ using the Nvidia Control Panel custom resolutions, so you can see how much your screen supports while being able to recover if it doesn't support a high frequency. Then you place it on the "Detailed Resolutions" in the "Extension Block".

5. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Thank you for the reply.... Well I did what u said and it STILL only allows me to go up to 59 in any game. WTH is going on??? Thanks again....

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    pick the display in top left corner (you will have to do this multiple times)
    select detailed resolution in the box on the right
    press edit below it
    fill in 60 at refresh rate at the box below (3rd before end)
    press ok, then do this for the other ones (step 1)
    then reboot, should be ok then

did you do this ?

7. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yes and the refresh rates were at 60hz already. It said up by the display in top left corner "restart required" I rebooted and it still doesn't go up to 60... :bang:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015