Which WiFi Router Would Do?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by mp_3, Feb 6, 2014.

1. mp_3

mp_3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for a new Wi-Fi router and my pet peeve is the signal strenght. It has to be able to connect everywhere within my wall.

Currently I have a router provided from my ISP and it literally sucks. When I am sitting in my living room, the signal is lost 50% of the time.

Anyways, I have been looking the ASUS RT-N56U and the ASUS RT-AC66U.

My question is: Which router would do considering the price? I know that the RT-AC66U would be able to the work without any problems, but if the RT-N56U is sufficient I don't see any point in paying almost twice the price.
    Have any of you guys tried these two router?

Let me know :)

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well my old Sitecom I got for free broke down and I bought a RT-AC66U and I'm liking it so far.

Positioned it in a central location in our house, 1ms latency most of the time and that's on a laptop not even supporting AC.

The only thing the Sitecoms did better imo, was being able to set a hard cap on a specific protocol in the QoS section.

If the crap the ISP gave you is similar to what we have in Belgium, odds are the lower tier ASUS model will already be alot better. Standard ISP modem/router combo's tend to have a really weak WiFi around here compared to some other aftermarket products.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti