We have a winner: 61.77 SQ4

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by loop29, Aug 6, 2004.

1. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Hey there,

it seems that the recent driver (61.77) even runs with nvstrap and SQ4 for all us Geforce 4 Ti owners. I tested Specview and Maya 6 so far, no crashes at all. I will have a look how the driver performs with no patches applied. In the advanced properties it all says Quadro 4 750 XGL, but there are no more app settings in the drivers and I even can´t the hardware overly switch. Anyone that wants to try out my findings. Alec, could you try the 61.77 on quadro hardware and see if it has application specific settings available?

regards

P.S.: Rui, give it a try on your quadro FX 700, I assume that it should work perfectly, since I believe the protections don´t work for the whole line of cards. Someone else posted in the nvidia cards section that he could patch it to a Quadro FX.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  2. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Im on it .

v 61.77 driver without any patching
    5900xt with fx700 bios

System treat this card as FX700 , full OGL settings in driver's options

Specviewperf 7.1.1 test cause system lockup , just like the other v6x.xx driver .

3. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Maybe it dosn't work on my 5900xt .

[​IMG]

4. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC

5. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    I'll give it a try in week-end.

6. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    @loop29

SQ4 fails in patching the driver, just like with all other 6x.xx drivers. I donno what you mean? We know, that NVStrap works on the 6x.xx and it would show Quadro card- still performance is like GeForce on FX and 4Ti cards. So you seem to have managed to patch SQ4 with a trick??

7. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    SQ4 still fails in patching the driver, but there are no more lockups like before. Unfortunately it seems that it is not working at full speed. You know that my PC is not up to date and so it is not really much of a difference. However, I compared 61.77 unpatched to 41.09 patched and in some tests it is still faster than the 61.77, especially in wireframe mode. What I noticed is that in Maya the refresh problem is gone when you switch from 4 viewports to 1, at least that is good news weather it´s patched or not. As always in Maya numbers don´t differ much on Ti 4400 or 750XGL. So you say that in all 6x.xx drivers there won´t be any lockups when applying nvstrapantiprotection and using nvstrap ? Maybe you should give it a try, notice that on my PC the driver wasn´t listed in the software list anymore, only switching in nvstrap tab was defaulting to standard vga. Some glitch in the matrix I guess : )

regards

edit: forgot the numbers

61.77 patched to 750XGL with nvstrap and SQ4:

Run All Summary

---------- SUM_RESULTS\3DSMAX\SUMMARY.TXT
    3dsmax-01 Weighted Geometric Mean = 6.801

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DRV\SUMMARY.TXT
    drv-08 Weighted Geometric Mean = 25.82

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DX\SUMMARY.TXT
    dx-07 Weighted Geometric Mean = 33.83

---------- SUM_RESULTS\LIGHT\SUMMARY.TXT
    light-05 Weighted Geometric Mean = 7.749

---------- SUM_RESULTS\PROE\SUMMARY.TXT
    proe-01 Weighted Geometric Mean = 5.799

---------- SUM_RESULTS\UGS\SUMMARY.TXT
    ugs-01 Weighted Geometric Mean = 4.806

41.09 patched to 750XGL nvstrap and SQ4

Run All Summary

---------- SUM_RESULTS\3DSMAX\SUMMARY.TXT
    3dsmax-02 Weighted Geometric Mean = 6.833

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DRV\SUMMARY.TXT
    drv-09 Weighted Geometric Mean = 27.64

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DX\SUMMARY.TXT
    dx-08 Weighted Geometric Mean = 35.03

---------- SUM_RESULTS\LIGHT\SUMMARY.TXT
    light-06 Weighted Geometric Mean = 8.773

---------- SUM_RESULTS\PROE\SUMMARY.TXT
    proe-02 Weighted Geometric Mean = 5.929

---------- SUM_RESULTS\UGS\SUMMARY.TXT
    ugs-03 Weighted Geometric Mean = 6.093

8. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
  9. kryoboy

kryoboy Member Guru

GPU:
    Sli 7800 GT's
    bluefire, if i remember correctly . before when attempting to install dets that didnt sq4 patch success, windows would not install the drivers, it would stick with your older drivers, or not install at all. this isnt the case with 6x dets

10. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    @kryoboy

you are wrong. If you get a message, that patching with SQ4 was NOT successful, this means, that the driver WAS NOT patched in ANY way- so why should it not install?? You can install even Ati driver on Geforce card if you force it- you will get some bad low res screen then :p

NVStrap makes you see a Quadro card, but ONLY GeForce 2 and 3 cards get modded. GEForce 4 and FX cards just appear as Quadro but are NOT. That's why we are SO happy about the 43.xx-45.xx drivers, which lack protection and we can use SQ4. There is NO way, that a non-hardmodded FX5900 card would run in Quadro mode WITHOUT a working SQ4. SQ4 doesn't work on any 6x.xx driver, so you have NOT a Quadro and your performance is as low as GeForce. There are only some FX5700 and FX5900XT cards out, which have resistors in the right position to make them true Quadros without SQ4. All other cards NEED SQ4. And as your patching was unsuccessful, this means, that the patchscript did not do anything- this is proven. ;)

11. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    When it´s patched with nvstrap-script it could cause lockups too or ignoring the deviceID or other weird stuff, I experienced that with most every driver for 5x.xx. The question was if the protections are there with some code that causes malfunction of the card. At least for a GF 4 Ti with nvstrap applied it is not causing lockups in any way. The point is that I can´t tell the difference between the two driver sets above that I tested whether it´s driver performance related or that the transformation has gone wrong with 61.77. UGS and Light are even too low for a softquadroed GF 4 Ti on 61.77.

regards

12. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    @loop29

for testing the performance of a Ti4200@Quadro 700XGL it's better to use Specviewperf 6.1.2- this would show, whether the mod was really successful. 7.1.1 is just too heavy, so no big differences can be seen.

Btw- i NEVER expected lockups with NVStrap driver+patch only. It's just SQ4 that causes the lockups- and that magic FX700 bios...