Sometimes my computer monitor has little razor lines

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by retiredat44, Mar 30, 2013.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    Sometimes my computer monitor has little razor lines. It doesn't matter which computer, whether it's new old, different parts, etc... the monitor has these little artifact razor thin lines. They are only about an inch long but can happen all over, on the browser, in a game, on the screen with just the desktop. It can happen whether there is a fresh restart, or sometimes (not often) but enough to make a game not playable because of the lines making the screen so bad the game isn't playable, or a website unreadable.

I have never found the reason over the years. I can not figure it out because it can happen with any and all types of motherboards, power supplies, video cards, operating systems, monitors, screens, memory,.. etc..

does anyone know what this is, it drives me nuts not knowing what it could possibly be. Right now all is well. I will try to get a screen shot next time it happens.

I am upstairs not near any house appliances. Not near the fridge, washer, etc...

thanx..

I have a Nvidia GTX460 video card. Windows 8. In fact the rest of the computer is brand new, even the case is new. The video card is maybe 2 years old now. That is the oldest part.

2. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Could be dirty mains, try a filtered socket or power strip?