There are different clients for folding.

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by bLinkZor, Oct 1, 2008.

1. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    As the topic said which one should I download so I can join the fight with my fellow Gurus.

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    The gpu clients turn out much more than cpu, so I'd start with those as they're easier to set up and give the best result.

3. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Is there like a special version for 64bit?? because I downloaded the one off the nvidia site, this is the one I got Folding@home_GPU_v620nv

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I'm not sure about the one from the nvidia site, I always download from the fah home site. I should imagine they're the same version though.

systray version

console version

The console version uses less resources, I'd also recommend getting fahmon for monitoring the progress of whichever clients you use.

5. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Hey morbias thanks for your help. I just got done installing FAH, i got the team number which is 69411 but the connection do I just leave it how the way it is or is there a certain proxy server address I should put. Is it ok if I leave SLI on while it's folding??

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    You have to turn sli off before you start folding otherwise the second and third gpu clients will lose their progress and won't function.

You also have to extend the desktop onto the 2nd and 3rd gpu before starting the clients, which involves plugging a monitor into each card; an annoying Vista requirement. You can try these workarounds, don't know if they work or not:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=274256

The connection should be left at default, unless you use a proxy for any reason.