Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#126)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-09-2017, 08:16 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blivious View Post
Been legal for a couple of years here (in Washington state). Great tax revenue. No discernible increase in crime, health issues nor traffic violations.

Certainly better than the track record of legal alcohol and pills and giving that money to drug cartels/dealers.
No.

What would be better is for it to not exist at all, and for any ailments to have medical resolutions. Problem solved.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#127)
XP-200
Ancient Guru
 
XP-200's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus GTX 970 Strix
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z87-K
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333
Soundcard: VIA HD Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600w+80
Default 03-09-2017, 09:26 | posts: 3,629 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookDat View Post
Albert Einstein smoked weed and did cocaine... so did Sigmund Freud's
the elite do not want you to do drugs because they open your third eye and conscience, which they try to suppress so they can further control you...
You almost had me at Einstein, but totally lost me with the third eye and conscience stuff. lol
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#128)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru
 
fantaskarsef's Avatar
 
Videocard: Strix 980 SLI 1490MHz
Processor: 5930K 4500MHz
Mainboard: R5E USB3.1
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB 3200 MHz
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-09-2017, 09:55 | posts: 6,542 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
No.

What would be better is for it to not exist at all, and for any ailments to have medical resolutions. Problem solved.
Only that the ailments at times are more harmful than smoking weed. And more expensive, especially in countries where medical treatment is not available cheaply for anybody.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XP-200 View Post
You almost had me at Einstein, but totally lost me with the third eye and conscience stuff. lol
hehe though the same. Also not sure if Einstein ever touched a joint tbh, let alone consumed it regularly. And under that impression, we would have to say that cocaine should be legalised too, which I don't agree with.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#129)
drandiiski
Maha Guru
 
drandiiski's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
Processor: Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Memory: 2x4Gb DDR3 @1646Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W eXtreme
Default 03-09-2017, 09:57 | posts: 1,076 | Location: Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
No.

What would be better is for it to not exist at all, and for any ailments to have medical resolutions. Problem solved.
Better for who? Certainly not for me or many others. I would say it would be better for it to continues existing and even to expose more people to it. Will make them less salty for sure. You should try it, come to think of it
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#130)
platypus
Newbie
 
Videocard: some asus 290x
Processor: 3770k
Mainboard: asrock
Memory: 16GB 2133
Soundcard: logitech z5500
PSU: Antec 1kw
Default 03-09-2017, 10:07 | posts: 30 | Location: luv my acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
dabs is smoking the pressed buds resin
for crack heads of the weed world,i hate when they do that to such pretty flowers
Thank you.

A bit like hash then?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#131)
Darkest
Ancient Guru
 
Darkest's Avatar
 
Videocard: HD7950
Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Memory: HyperX Beast 16GB 2133
Soundcard: Aune T1 + HD650/DT990 Pro
PSU: OCZ ZS 550w
Default 03-09-2017, 10:24 | posts: 9,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaskarsef View Post
hehe though the same. Also not sure if Einstein ever touched a joint tbh, let alone consumed it regularly. And under that impression, we would have to say that cocaine should be legalised too, which I don't agree with.
Considering Einstein's views, and certain statements he made, I'd say there's a fair chance he did smoke weed at some point in his life. There's absolutely no hard evidence to support that, though.

As for the legality of weed, as far as I'm concerned it should be legal. Banning a plant that's considerably less harmful than many readily available legal substances is ridiculous.

Last edited by Darkest; 03-09-2017 at 10:26.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#132)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-09-2017, 15:55 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaskarsef View Post
Only that the ailments at times are more harmful than smoking weed. And more expensive, especially in countries where medical treatment is not available cheaply for anybody.
Not sure if I'm missing something here, but how can a pre-existing condition that is treated with approved pharmaceuticals be 'more harmful' that subjecting your lungs to proven harmful toxins?

I'll tell you what is expensive: lung cancer treatment. And that's just from the inhalation of the fumes. Lest we not forget the other costs to your health, or the cost to the rest of society.

Your body is writing checks the human race can't cash.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#133)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-09-2017, 15:57 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drandiiski View Post
Better for who?
For everyone.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#134)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-09-2017, 16:10 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
As for the legality of weed, as far as I'm concerned it should be legal. Banning a plant that's considerably less harmful than many readily available legal substances is ridiculous.
As I remarked earlier in the thread, using that poor logic, is ridiculous.

If someone wants to do something, they will do it - but legalising that 'something' legitimises it. That's very dangerous ground, as you are forcing other people to accept a society where toxins are legal - which is taking steps backwards, not forwards. I know you are not actually forcing it, but by being an advocate of any 'something' to the point of pushing its legality, you are changing society at the point of a gun.
My inference is this: I cannot call the cops on you if you are partaking in whatever the 'something' is, and if I try and remove it from your person: I will be arrested.

Toxins are bad. The tests have been done. It's a fact.

Human beings can jump up and down all they want, but they cannot change the laws of physics, pathology, chemistry or anything else. But human beings can change the law...and yet, I am surely allowed to debate such a contentious issue like this with centuries of documented facts behind me?

We could be faced with something in the future and if enough people jump up and down, regardless of the logic of the permanent, detrimental damage it would do to the human race; we should just do it?

No.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#135)
Darkest
Ancient Guru
 
Darkest's Avatar
 
Videocard: HD7950
Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Memory: HyperX Beast 16GB 2133
Soundcard: Aune T1 + HD650/DT990 Pro
PSU: OCZ ZS 550w
Default 03-09-2017, 16:42 | posts: 9,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
As I remarked earlier in the thread, using that poor logic, is ridiculous.

If someone wants to do something, they will do it - but legalising that 'something' legitimises it. That's very dangerous ground, as you are forcing other people to accept a society where toxins are legal - which is taking steps backwards, not forwards. I know you are not actually forcing it, but by being an advocate of any 'something' to the point of pushing its legality, you are changing society at the point of a gun.
My inference is this: I cannot call the cops on you if you are partaking in whatever the 'something' is, and if I try and remove it from your person: I will be arrested.

Toxins are bad. The tests have been done. It's a fact.

Human beings can jump up and down all they want, but they cannot change the laws of physics, pathology, chemistry or anything else. But human beings can change the law...and yet, I am surely allowed to debate such a contentious issue like this with centuries of documented facts behind me?

We could be faced with something in the future and if enough people jump up and down, regardless of the logic of the permanent, detrimental damage it would do to the human race; we should just do it?

No.
You can claim other peoples logic is faulty all you want, the fact is your opinion is just that. It's clear that your idea of an ideal society is rather Orwellian, I'm glad that others are generally more reasonable. Frankly, I've experience of you in multiple other threads and I simply do not intend to engage with you at any length.

On my final note, I'll simply point out that you're being disingenuous regarding the "treating your lungs with harmful toxins" statement when you know fine well that there are other ways to take weed.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#136)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-09-2017, 17:12 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
You can claim other peoples logic is faulty all you want, the fact is your opinion is just that. It's clear that your idea of an ideal society is rather Orwellian, I'm glad that others are generally more reasonable. Frankly, I've experience of you in multiple other threads and I simply do not intend to engage with you at any length.

On my final note, I'll simply point out that you're being disingenuous regarding the "treating your lungs with harmful toxins" statement when you know fine well that there are other ways to take weed.
fantaskarsef said "smoking", so I was relying in kind. And, regardless of how it enters your body, it is still a toxin. The pharmaceutical companies out there like Bayer have done the extraction of the medicinally beneficial elements and have gotten that rubber-stamped through years, if not decades, of research. To ignore that research for "the medicinal argument" is ignorant.

My opinion on the validity of logic? Y'lost the argument right there 'sir.

Here's the classic fallacious logic:

"As X and Y are bad for you and are legal, we should allow Z to be made legal".

Hence my clunky, awkward, reductive response regarding nuclear weapons. It's that bad. Do you really want me to provide a list of laws around the world which make some things legal, which would (if debated) invoke me and anyone who decides to debate with me, being banned from the forums? That's the problem, because when you make something (regardless) legal, you do and will legitimise it.

In 100 years from now, our descendants are laughing at us in utter disbelief for some of the things that are legal now, yet are medically toxic to human beings.

And remember, I did not start this thread - I replied to it in accordance with the rules of the forums. I'm not yelling, I am engaging - I only hope you can do the same without being dismissive and ignorant of scientific fact.

Last edited by Loobyluggs; 03-11-2017 at 10:17.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#137)
platypus
Newbie
 
Videocard: some asus 290x
Processor: 3770k
Mainboard: asrock
Memory: 16GB 2133
Soundcard: logitech z5500
PSU: Antec 1kw
Default 03-10-2017, 04:07 | posts: 30 | Location: luv my acres

You say toxin.

I say fun!

But hey don't eat, drink or breathe because a toxin WILL enter your body.
And there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#138)
0blivious
Maha Guru
 
0blivious's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
Processor: i7 4790K/i7 2600K/i3 4160
Mainboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: 16 GB @2133
Soundcard: SBZ + Logitech Z906
PSU: Corsair AX760 / CX750M
Default 03-12-2017, 06:11 | posts: 2,028 | Location: Bremerton, WA USA (Go Seahawks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
Thank you.

A bit like hash then?
Sort of, but easily twice as strong. Less earthy tasting. The consistency is a bit like Molasses.

"Dabs" (shatter, hash oil, wax, butter, etc) are made by chemically extracting the THC from the flower so it's fairly pure by comparison.

Pricing locally is typically (includes tax):

Flower - $6-12/gram
Hash - $15-25/gram
Dab - $25-45/gram
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#139)
HeavyHemi
Ancient Guru
 
HeavyHemi's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 TI/980Ti SCPhysX
Processor: i7 6850K 4.5 Ghz 1.34 v
Mainboard: EVGA X99 FTWK
Memory: Corsair 3200mhz LPX 32GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Phoebus
PSU: CORSAIR AX1200
Default 03-20-2017, 15:36 | posts: 5,161 | Location: Wooing whilst wearing only socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
No.

What would be better is for it to not exist at all, and for any ailments to have medical resolutions. Problem solved.
Really....so you don't eat any processed foods or pretty much anything else produced commercially because of the toxins used in their manufacturing, right? It's all relative. Using marijuana may be LESS TOXIC than other CHEMICALS someone may take to ease their nausea while being treated for cancer. But YOU believe YOU have all the facts. Your objective assertions of fact based on your subjective opinions are hilarious. This is a character flaw that is extremely toxic to discussion.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#140)
basco
Member Guru
 
Videocard: 560tfII
Processor: 2500k
Mainboard: ud4
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 300sfx-bequiet
Default 03-20-2017, 16:43 | posts: 105 | Location: austria

if you believe in companys like Bayer you have lost already.
Long ago but today they hide it better:
http://www.businessinsider.com/yes-b...t-2011-11?IR=T
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#141)
cowie
Ancient Guru
 
cowie's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX
Processor: 2600k
Mainboard: gigabyte p67 UD7
Memory: 2x4g 1600 ddr3
Soundcard:
PSU: pcp&c 1200 watt
Default 03-20-2017, 18:52 | posts: 12,773 | Location: new jersey

who believes in bayer? aspirin kills more then a few hundred a year.
I don't know who mentioned them in the first place but they brought Monsanto last year so you know its a total suck balls event with them having everyone in their pockets all over the place.
like who don't have aspirin Tylenol or advil in there house and 8 out of ten times you could smoke a jay and be just as good.
man my Chamomile tea would be better for minor aliments it grows like weeds just dry and make a tea better then that crap in a bottle
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#142)
stevevnicks
Maha Guru
 
stevevnicks's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI R9 390X Gaming
Processor: i7 4770
Mainboard: ROG Maximus Hero VI
Memory: 16g Corsair 1866 vengence
Soundcard: Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair RM850
Default 03-27-2017, 15:28 | posts: 1,367 | Location: Suffolk

The obvious answer would be to legalise or decriminalize weed/hash and to give the local tax it creates for each town/village/state to their local police force to use the extra money for combating hard drugs and the violent crime that hard drugs bring to each town\village\state and extra police on the streets, also maybe give the local councils a cut to help improve their towns/village/state.

My question is why not at least give it try, see how things go, like a test trial run? Rather than the arm chair experts saying no no no it won't work.

Last edited by stevevnicks; 03-27-2017 at 15:37.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#143)
JaxMacFL
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Titan XP
Processor: i7-4820K @ 4.6GHz NH-D14
Mainboard: X79-DELUXE bios 4805
Memory: 16GB GSKILL 1866 8-9-9-24
Soundcard: SB ZxR with Logi 5.1 Z906
PSU: Cooler Master V1000
Default 03-27-2017, 20:10 | posts: 949 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida

The ATF will cave under the pressure of all the big money people in the alcohol and tobacco industry just like when there was numerous threats against the gasoline big spenders:

http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/e...s/?page_id=785

It is not the product you have to worry about, it is the competition!!!

Last edited by JaxMacFL; 03-27-2017 at 20:15.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#144)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru
 
Stormyandcold's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 03-28-2017, 03:08 | posts: 4,478 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Canada just legalised it. 4 Plants max for personal use.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#145)
kanej2007
Ancient Guru
 
kanej2007's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600 4.7Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68-VPro
Memory: 12Gb Corsair Vengeance C8
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2X Ultra 7.1
PSU: Fractal Design R2 1000W
Default 03-28-2017, 23:49 | posts: 8,227 | Location: London, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
Canada just legalised it. 4 Plants max for personal use.
Now THAT'S the spirit.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#146)
busboi
Newbie
 
busboi's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA SC 1080GTX
Processor: SkyLake i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: ASRock Gaming Z170 K6+
Memory: DDD4 3000 16GB
Soundcard: Logitech G35
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W
Default Yesterday, 22:01 | posts: 21 | Location: Nebraska

first thing I thought of when i read your post, "tell me your name horse master and I shall tell you mine," Gimli son of Gloin, LOTR.

Weed should be legal for recreational use and medical research.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.