Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#101)
insp1re
Newbie
 
insp1re's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit Jetstream 780GTX
Processor: i7 2600k 4.6ghz@1.38v H20
Mainboard: ASRock Fatal1ty z68
Memory: HyperX 1600@1.56
Soundcard: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion
PSU: Corsair TX 850Watt
Default 03-06-2017, 15:19 | posts: 27 | Location: Smashing your stack..

something iv never been compatible with, first time i tried it was around 18 years ago when i was in school, threw a whitey in class. and also threw one the second time i tried it, never touched it since.

now coke on the other hand, i enjoyed very much.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#102)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru
 
Stormyandcold's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 03-06-2017, 15:57 | posts: 4,478 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
I'm glad it's illegal.

The problems facing the Human Race cannot be solved by intoxification and the inability to conduct analysis of these problems, or perform critical thinking.

All drugs, and toxins; need to be removed - yes I include alcohol in that bitter statement.

"Uninvent" them, would be my choice = since that is impossible, a shotgun to the face of the person in possession of any toxin (including alcohol) and the person standing next to them. That would probably be a good place to start.

No, I'm not joking - and if any of you want to rant about booze. Tell you what. Go pay a visit to the nearest emergency room on a Saturday morning @ 2AM and go rant at the children who just lost their parents to a drunk driver - and them come back here and rant at me on the internet, like that is going to convince me otherwise, anyway.

Medical weed - not needed. The pharmaceutical companies out there have gotten their weed-extract drugs APPROVED and that argument is therefore VOID.

There is no need whatsoever in any way for any human being to intoxicate themselves. End of argument, story, whatever. If you want to get high, invent warp speed and go to another planet and don't let the lack of a Heisenberg compensator squish you on your way out...
Why would you give the pharmaceuticals the power to control something that grows naturally? Just because they can extract and refine it and then over charge us for it? Why?

Also, when you say remove all drugs and toxins, you need to define what you mean because a lot of pharmaceutical drugs have negative effects exactly because that's what they are.

As far as I'm concerned, this world would be a much better place if people minded their own business. Imagine if people who wanted to hurts others were terminated immediately...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#103)
XP-200
Ancient Guru
 
XP-200's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus GTX 970 Strix
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z87-K
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333
Soundcard: VIA HD Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600w+80
Default 03-06-2017, 16:27 | posts: 3,629 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondale13 View Post
So don't go killing the vibe....don't like the topic!? don't comment.Weed lovers resume with the love, I'm done teaching for today.

The topic was "Smoking Weed/ your thoughts? ".......so you know, people gave their opinions, so share the love, don't go hating on those with opposing opintions, nobody here on either side has tried to force their views down anyones throat, don't get so defensive, i thought this stuff made people cooooool and chill and have existential trips where the real meaning of life opens up to them and they assend to a higher plain of thought, i am not seeing it. lol

Chill dudes, did i say it right.

Last edited by XP-200; 03-06-2017 at 16:32.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#104)
airbud7
Ancient Guru
 
airbud7's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Processor: i7-2600k (Thanks sykozis)
Mainboard: ASRock H61icalf
Memory: 8GB G.S DDR3 1600 --TK--
Soundcard: Xonar DX
PSU: PC Power&Cooling S61EPS
Default 03-06-2017, 16:43 | posts: 3,815 | Location: Beech Island SC,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondale13 View Post
Weed lovers resume with the love
Ok!
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#105)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-06-2017, 17:15 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
Why would you give the pharmaceuticals the power to control something that grows naturally? Just because they can extract and refine it and then over charge us for it? Why?

Also, when you say remove all drugs and toxins, you need to define what you mean because a lot of pharmaceutical drugs have negative effects exactly because that's what they are.

As far as I'm concerned, this world would be a much better place if people minded their own business. Imagine if people who wanted to hurts others were terminated immediately...
The pharmaceutical companies do not control the drug, the doctors prescribing it to patients in need of the medications, do. I get your point though, but my answer is practical and defined.

I think you know what I mean, but I will debate this point if you want. Please list the drugs you are referring to and I'll chew on whatever points you want to make on this/them.

That is the liberal point of view "let people do whatever they want, even if it is harmful to them.". Having that point of view is fine if society was utopian, but you would be hard pressed to argue that. The world has very serious problems and we have a lot of very serious and life-threatening humanity issues to resolve before we can get anywhere near a hypothetical utopia. Having people purposefully intoxicating themselves (and promoting this lifestyle choice) moves us farther away from solving these problems.

Once we have got STTNG level of opulence abundance and technology, where there is no more sickness, war or famine, and certainly no economy - then fine. We have to get there first.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#106)
kegastaMmer
Master Guru
 
kegastaMmer's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI n570gtx TF II
Processor: AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 4.2
Mainboard: MSI 890 GXM-GD65
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz Corsair
Soundcard:
PSU: OcZ 750w
Default 03-06-2017, 18:05 | posts: 203 | Location: Kathmandu, Nepal

When I tried weed for the first time, i forgot what moderation was. Sadly, my ill judgement caused me to amplify thoughts i would never have dreamt of. After some MONTHS, i came to a standstill, physically, mentally, socially and there i found who i was, where i was headed to, abd why did i have that bad trip. I found all of this within me, and there in the chain of thoughts, i found a glimpse of my life. Had i not consumed that obscene amount of THC, I would probably have hurt a lot of things around me. But that incident made me into a better listener, a better analyst, more responsible and more sacrificing, than i could have ever imagined. I believe it all boils down to how far down the rabbit hole we go chasing after our sub consciousness, whilst not losing our way, our aim.
TLDR, i recommend weed to each and everyone i meet and encourage to use it once, under the right setting(environment), with guided moderation and with positive outlook towards life. That is what i believe to be an eye opening way to know life and to know our sub consciousness.
Other hard drugs are no, with exceptions
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#107)
Rambo
Member Guru
 
Rambo's Avatar
 
Videocard: RX 480 GAMING X 4G
Processor: i5-4690
Mainboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 3
Memory: 4xG.SKILL 2400 CL10
Soundcard: Hail for bananas!
PSU: EVGA 550W
Default 03-06-2017, 18:34 | posts: 141

Weed smeels. Bleh. Never tried but my friends and wife do. In my country, weed is totally banned (even in medicine ). In my opinion, it's really, really stupid cuz alcohol is much more devastating for health and I never saw somebody who was angry when was stoned. Do you?
I do like beer but If I could I would ban alcohol and set weed free. But I can't. Sad as hell.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#108)
insp1re
Newbie
 
insp1re's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit Jetstream 780GTX
Processor: i7 2600k 4.6ghz@1.38v H20
Mainboard: ASRock Fatal1ty z68
Memory: HyperX 1600@1.56
Soundcard: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion
PSU: Corsair TX 850Watt
Default 03-06-2017, 18:50 | posts: 27 | Location: Smashing your stack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Weed smeels. Bleh. Never tried but my friends and wife do. In my country, weed is totally banned (even in medicine ). In my opinion, it's really, really stupid cuz alcohol is much more devastating for health and I never saw somebody who was angry when was stoned. Do you?
I do like beer but If I could I would ban alcohol and set weed free. But I can't. Sad as hell.
its been proven before what banning alcohol does, the influx of illegal income and moonshine.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#109)
cowie
Ancient Guru
 
cowie's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX
Processor: 2600k
Mainboard: gigabyte p67 UD7
Memory: 2x4g 1600 ddr3
Soundcard:
PSU: pcp&c 1200 watt
Default 03-06-2017, 23:58 | posts: 12,773 | Location: new jersey

they don't have any synthetic cannabis they wish they could make.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#110)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru
 
Stormyandcold's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 03-07-2017, 00:55 | posts: 4,478 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Well, if I get cancer I'm going to Canada, that's the first thing I'd do.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#111)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru
 
Dragondale13's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1070 AMP! H75
Processor: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz H100i V2
Mainboard: GBE X79-UD3 F21E Mod2
Memory: G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti.Champ Z-5300
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-07-2017, 02:58 | posts: 927 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
they don't have any synthetic cannabis they wish they could make.
I've been hearing about it for about 3yrs now and it's dangerous.Sending some to the E.R., I saw a couple of vids a while back, dude and a girl catching spasms on the pavement, scary stuff.But if you look at it, it looks like wood chips mixed up.

 Click to show spoiler

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#112)
airbud7
Ancient Guru
 
airbud7's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Processor: i7-2600k (Thanks sykozis)
Mainboard: ASRock H61icalf
Memory: 8GB G.S DDR3 1600 --TK--
Soundcard: Xonar DX
PSU: PC Power&Cooling S61EPS
Default 03-07-2017, 03:09 | posts: 3,815 | Location: Beech Island SC,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
they don't have any synthetic cannabis they wish they could make.

That would be a patent like viagra...$$$...true though!!!...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#113)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-07-2017, 08:24 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by insp1re View Post
its been proven before what banning alcohol does, the influx of illegal income and moonshine.
And legitimising & legalising alcohol has worked out sooooo well for society, hasn't it? Lest we not forget tobacco?

That argument is built on a false premise "look what happened with prohibition - remember that? Wasn't that terrible? Let's legalise all drugs and therefore legitimise their usage"

Dumbest logic ever. Nuclear weapons are illegal, let's legalise them to stop terrorists. Y'see how that works?

If you need the medicinal elements of weed, there are pills your doctor can offer you - anything else should be a shotgun to the face.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#114)
kegastaMmer
Master Guru
 
kegastaMmer's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI n570gtx TF II
Processor: AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 4.2
Mainboard: MSI 890 GXM-GD65
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz Corsair
Soundcard:
PSU: OcZ 750w
Default 03-07-2017, 12:27 | posts: 203 | Location: Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryboy View Post
so the solution is just to accept the weakness of your fellow citizens and endure their crappy behaviour? majority of the people shouldn't always get what they want.

You can't go around claiming majority is always right, you'll piss off people you're dependent on.

Single mom kids are already hiting the limit with their stupid ****, people can't handle freedom of choice and these light drugs won't make society better.

Alot of people get it anways if they want to and most of them aren't doing so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
And legitimising & legalising alcohol has worked out sooooo well for society, hasn't it? Lest we not forget tobacco?

That argument is built on a false premise "look what happened with prohibition - remember that? Wasn't that terrible? Let's legalise all drugs and therefore legitimise their usage"

Dumbest logic ever. Nuclear weapons are illegal, let's legalise them to stop terrorists. Y'see how that works?

If you need the medicinal elements of weed, there are pills your doctor can offer you - anything else should be a shotgun to the face.
I have no idea what pissed u off again, but if u want , we can give u a hearing. And killing a consciousness is not as easy as u think. Shooting everyone using any form of drug means total annihilation, if u think about it. But u still are bent on creating such a great argument, please refrain from using guns to the reader's faces. We're still here, trying to understand how and what our existence means, amidst all the hypocrisy and abstract analogies. Hope you find your peace soon brother/xyz'er
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#115)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-07-2017, 13:50 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegastaMmer View Post
I have no idea what pissed u off again, but if u want , we can give u a hearing. And killing a consciousness is not as easy as u think. Shooting everyone using any form of drug means total annihilation, if u think about it. But u still are bent on creating such a great argument, please refrain from using guns to the reader's faces. We're still here, trying to understand how and what our existence means, amidst all the hypocrisy and abstract analogies. Hope you find your peace soon brother/xyz'er
Lack of logic always triggers me.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#116)
airbud7
Ancient Guru
 
airbud7's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Processor: i7-2600k (Thanks sykozis)
Mainboard: ASRock H61icalf
Memory: 8GB G.S DDR3 1600 --TK--
Soundcard: Xonar DX
PSU: PC Power&Cooling S61EPS
Default 03-07-2017, 14:40 | posts: 3,815 | Location: Beech Island SC,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
Lack of logic always triggers me.
Logic is defined by the beholder.....sounds like you would outlaw/ban everything/anything you don't like if you could and the heck with what everyone else thought.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#117)
insp1re
Newbie
 
insp1re's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit Jetstream 780GTX
Processor: i7 2600k 4.6ghz@1.38v H20
Mainboard: ASRock Fatal1ty z68
Memory: HyperX 1600@1.56
Soundcard: X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion
PSU: Corsair TX 850Watt
Default 03-07-2017, 15:05 | posts: 27 | Location: Smashing your stack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
And legitimising & legalising alcohol has worked out sooooo well for society, hasn't it? Lest we not forget tobacco?

That argument is built on a false premise "look what happened with prohibition - remember that? Wasn't that terrible? Let's legalise all drugs and therefore legitimise their usage"

Dumbest logic ever. Nuclear weapons are illegal, let's legalise them to stop terrorists. Y'see how that works?

If you need the medicinal elements of weed, there are pills your doctor can offer you - anything else should be a shotgun to the face.
I'd certainly prefer it was regulated than people buying it from johnny dope in a back alley for sure. To compare weed / alcohol to nuclear weapons is a bit extreme i think.. Alcohol or weed isnt going to destroy the earth in one shot.

I don't use drugs, so its not the need for it that fires my argument. Where there is a need for something there is always a supply, so why not regulate it?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#118)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru
 
Stormyandcold's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 03-07-2017, 16:02 | posts: 4,478 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Well, I totally aspire towards buying my own island, growing my own and food and living out my days on my own enjoying nature and life to it's finest.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#119)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-07-2017, 17:08 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by insp1re View Post
I'd certainly prefer it was regulated than people buying it from johnny dope in a back alley for sure. To compare weed / alcohol to nuclear weapons is a bit extreme I think...Alcohol or weed isn't going to destroy the earth in one shot.

I don't use drugs, so its not the need for it that fires my argument. Where there is a need for something there is always a supply, so why not regulate it?
It has been regulated for medicinal purposes as indicated by the pharmaceutical companies, who went through more hoops than Michael Jordan to get the kind of help to those who will benefit from using it. Let me be precise: there is a difference between someone just saying it helps them and those who have got a professional medical informed conclusion to state it will help them.

The analogy was more about logic than a comparison of usage, purely to demonstrate a lack of argument by association is a lack of logic. This is especially true when you have an analogy of an analogy, of an analogy.

People in this thread who have argued weed on its own merits are fine, but arguing for something because of a completely unrelated moment in time is not an argument. So yes, it was extreme I'll admit, but that was the point.

Any toxins entering your body have an effect. Making a claim is not the same as providing medical proof on a person by person basis. In other words, by introducing substances into your body which are toxins (nicotine, caffeine, x-hol, cannabinol) without the approval of your doctor is self-medicating. No other way of looking at it. The person taking substances is essentially overriding what your physician would recommend.

I for one am against that. Only your doctor can know what the positive or negative effects will be.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#120)
FookDat
Master Guru
 
FookDat's Avatar
 
Videocard: XFX RX480 XXX 1330/2200
Processor: i7-6700@4.0GHz
Mainboard: Intel Skylake Z170
Memory: 2x8GB DDR4 2133
Soundcard: Creative X-FI/X-540@5.1
PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum
Default 03-07-2017, 17:34 | posts: 347 | Location: United States

Albert Einstein smoked weed and did cocaine... so did Sigmund Freud's
the elite do not want you to do drugs because they open your third eye and conscience, which they try to suppress so they can further control you...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#121)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru
 
Dragondale13's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1070 AMP! H75
Processor: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz H100i V2
Mainboard: GBE X79-UD3 F21E Mod2
Memory: G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti.Champ Z-5300
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-08-2017, 04:24 | posts: 927 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookDat View Post
Albert Einstein smoked weed and did cocaine... so did Sigmund Freud's
the elite do not want you to do drugs because they open your third eye and conscience, which they try to suppress so they can further control you...
Individuals in our society like doctors, lawyers, politicians, c.e.o's etc., excercise their rights to use whatever recreational stuff they want.Their subordinates however, have to abide by the rules so "they" can continue milking the working class.Control is the key, like you said.Main reason for "secret societies" aka private members clubs.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#122)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru
 
Loobyluggs's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-08-2017, 07:10 | posts: 2,130 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondale13 View Post
Individuals in our society like doctors, lawyers, politicians, c.e.o's etc., excercise their rights to use whatever recreational stuff they want.Their subordinates however, have to abide by the rules so "they" can continue milking the working class.Control is the key, like you said.Main reason for "secret societies" aka private members clubs.
Jeez, with thinking like that...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#123)
0blivious
Maha Guru
 
0blivious's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
Processor: i7 4790K/i7 2600K/i3 4160
Mainboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: 16 GB @2133
Soundcard: SBZ + Logitech Z906
PSU: Corsair AX760 / CX750M
Default 03-08-2017, 08:03 | posts: 2,028 | Location: Bremerton, WA USA (Go Seahawks)

Been legal for a couple of years here (in Washington state). Great tax revenue. No discernible increase in crime, health issues nor traffic violations.

Certainly better than the track record of legal alcohol and pills and giving that money to drug cartels/dealers.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#124)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru
 
Dragondale13's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1070 AMP! H75
Processor: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz H100i V2
Mainboard: GBE X79-UD3 F21E Mod2
Memory: G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti.Champ Z-5300
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-08-2017, 12:09 | posts: 927 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
Jeez, with thinking like that...
In all honesty, I don't like thinking this way, it has "damaged" my psyche, but that word "damaged" is a matter of perspective.It's the constant abuse of power by some individuals in these fields and it's getting worse.Corruption is destroying everything with the masses unable to do anything about it without it leading to some sort of violence.Police actually insinuate the violence in a lot of cases.I actually gave you a real life scenario a few posts back.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#125)
kegastaMmer
Master Guru
 
kegastaMmer's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI n570gtx TF II
Processor: AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 4.2
Mainboard: MSI 890 GXM-GD65
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz Corsair
Soundcard:
PSU: OcZ 750w
Default 03-08-2017, 14:00 | posts: 203 | Location: Kathmandu, Nepal

Mmm derailment from the topic imminent, please come back to us, people!
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.