Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#76)
DerSchniffles
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury
Processor: Core i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z170GAMINGM3
Memory: 16gb DDR4 3200mhz
Soundcard: AT M-40x Headphones
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 03-04-2017, 03:40 | posts: 1,382 | Location: Washington State

Its legal in my state of Washington. I smoke almost every day. I absolutely love it. Much better than drinking. I still love my beer, but weed helps me sleep and thats a big deal to me. And now that its legal, there are all kinds of crazy things they are coming up with. You can vape it, take it in pill form, smoke it, eat it, drink it....You do not have to labeled as a smoker to enjoy the benefits of weed. It just has a stigma to it, although now that its legal I am finding it hard to find people who are actually opposed to it. Just be smart about it. I dont smoke and drive. I dont go to work stoned. I dont have my kid every other weekend and sit there baked out of my skull. Its no different than anything else. Moderation is key.

Obesity in America is a much higher concern than weed.

Old
  (#77)
user1
Master Guru

Videocard: hd 6870
Processor: intel xeon e5450 @3.6ghz
Mainboard: ip35-e
Memory: PC2-6400 DDR2 6GB
Soundcard:
PSU: 550w
Default 03-04-2017, 07:09 | posts: 337

The drug itself is not dangerous, the strongest evidence suggests heavy prolonged use may contribute to lower iq and increased risk of developing mental disorders in young people (<24~), In adults (that did not use cannabis during adolescence) there is virtually no evidence that it has significant longterm side effects on the user regardless of the amount used.

While this may be undesirable that young people are at increased risk if it is legalized, consider that childhood diabetes and obesity(as mentioned by DerSchniffles) have a far greater impact on the longterm success and health of people. Eating in excess is probably more dangerous to your longterm health than smoking weed 5 times a day.

Due to this , I cannot think of any reason it should be illegal, and or should be treated as a harmful substance. Seems rather unjust to imprision people for wanting to relax in their spare time or desire relief from pain and other medical conditions.

There should still be restrictions of course (operating heavy machinery ect) due to its short term effects.

Old
  (#78)
Corrupt^
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
Processor: Core i7 5820K
Mainboard: ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
Memory: Kingston HypX 16GB 3Ghz
Soundcard: Essence STXII Senn. HD650
PSU: Super Flower 1200W
Default 03-04-2017, 08:14 | posts: 6,551 | Location: Belgium

Over here in Belgium it's in some grey legal area.

In some cities the cops won't do anything unless you're doing something stupid like smoking in front of a school (then they will kindly ask you first to move somewhere else).

In other cities they will arrest you.

It should simply be legalized with restrictions similar to alcohol.

Old
  (#79)
anticupidon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
Processor: i5 6600K / Liqmax II 240
Mainboard: Maximus Extreme VIII
Memory: 16 GB GSkill Z DDR4 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX
PSU: EVGA 750 W G2
Default 03-04-2017, 08:59 | posts: 2,858 | Location: far,far from home

I don't smoke it, never did.I just hate the smell.But i hate with a passion drunk people pissing all over and smell even worse.
Moderation is the key.It is a big thing to admit a certain level of hypocrisy, and do something about it.
I enjoy a drink now and then, so i safely assume that someone, outhere can also enjoy weed.I still have to hear at the news that a stoned person caused havoc, killed people or harmed oneself, like drunk people do.
Just tax it, put some restrictions, and maybe everyone has to benefit.

Old
  (#80)
signex
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 670MX@850/1900
Processor: Core i7 3630QM 3,5GHz
Mainboard: Intel HM77
Memory: 12GB Elpida DDR3 1600MHz
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: 180W
Default 03-04-2017, 18:53 | posts: 8,129 | Location: Netherlands

I've tried it a few times, it tastes disgusting in your mouth and yea it kinda smells.

Once i smoked too much, i took to many hits and it was a heavy one, it felt amazing at first but then got really sick and puked a lot.
Never took it again, but it was my own stupid fault to take so much as a beginner.

Old
  (#81)
Corrupt^
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
Processor: Core i7 5820K
Mainboard: ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
Memory: Kingston HypX 16GB 3Ghz
Soundcard: Essence STXII Senn. HD650
PSU: Super Flower 1200W
Default 03-04-2017, 19:10 | posts: 6,551 | Location: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
I've tried it a few times, it tastes disgusting in your mouth and yea it kinda smells.

Once i smoked too much, i took to many hits and it was a heavy one, it felt amazing at first but then got really sick and puked a lot.
Never took it again, but it was my own stupid fault to take so much as a beginner.
There are very different types of weed. I don't like the heavy ones either, I prefer the slow relaxing ones.

The relaxing ones are also better against pain imo.

Old
  (#82)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 03-04-2017, 20:08 | posts: 4,617 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post

Basically, you had a "whitey".

Old
  (#83)
HeavyHemi
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX1080Ti/980TiSC PhysX
Processor: i7 6850K 4.5 Ghz 1.34 v
Mainboard: EVGA X99 FTWK
Memory: Corsair 3200mhz LPX 32GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Phoebus
PSU: CORSAIR AX1200
Default 03-04-2017, 20:15 | posts: 5,219 | Location: Wooing whilst wearing only socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
Too be 'blunt' about it.

Old
  (#84)
signex
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 670MX@850/1900
Processor: Core i7 3630QM 3,5GHz
Mainboard: Intel HM77
Memory: 12GB Elpida DDR3 1600MHz
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: 180W
Default 03-04-2017, 20:35 | posts: 8,129 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt^ View Post
There are very different types of weed. I don't like the heavy ones either, I prefer the slow relaxing ones.

The relaxing ones are also better against pain imo.
I'm actually thinking of asking my doctor if i can smoke it for anxiety cause i heard marijuana is a good medicine for it.
Cause the medicine i have now is just temporary as it stops working later on. (oxazepam)

Last edited by signex; 03-04-2017 at 20:37.

Old
  (#85)
DerSchniffles
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury
Processor: Core i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z170GAMINGM3
Memory: 16gb DDR4 3200mhz
Soundcard: AT M-40x Headphones
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 03-05-2017, 00:38 | posts: 1,382 | Location: Washington State

Just like alcohol, you need to build a tolerance to weed. When you first start, you get rocked pretty hard every time but as your tolerance builds up, it becomes much more medicinal and you become quite a bit more functional. You can smoke more without feeling completely useless. When I smoke, I usually start with 2 bowls...for someone who has never smoked, that would completely destroy them haha. When I first started smoking, I could take 2 or 3 tokes and be messed up and then I could come back in 2 hours and finish the rest of the bowl.

Just remember to start slow and find your limits and be comfortable. If you want to smoke for anxiety, you cant start off tough and expect it to work. You might get more anxiety if you get ripped out of your mind without building a tolerance. Start off with 1 bong rip and just see how it feels and if its working for you or not. A high tolerance can take a couple months, so there is no need to rush. And for you, having a high tolerance may be counter productive to what you are using it for.

Also, try different methods of using it. I know alot of my friends like it in vape form and swear by it. I think its terrible. I dont get the full feeling and it takes way to much for me to actually get the high I am looking for. Some people love dabs or crush or edibles. I personally just use a bong. It feels the best, has good flavor (again, like beer its an acquired taste), and has just the right amount of high for me.

Enjoy!

Old
  (#86)
platypus

Videocard: some asus 290x
Processor: 3770k
Mainboard: asrock
Memory: 16GB 2133
Soundcard: logitech z5500
PSU: Antec 1kw
Default 03-06-2017, 08:04 | posts: 30 | Location: luv my acres

What is a dab?

I've never heard the term before.

Old
  (#87)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Default 03-06-2017, 09:40 | posts: 4,617 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
What is a dab?

lol. I never heard that term associated with weed.

We used to call speed "dab dab", but, that's just between friends.

Old
  (#88)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 03-06-2017, 09:57 | posts: 6,695 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
Too be 'blunt' about it.

Old
  (#89)
uKER
Member Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0
Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ares 2133
Soundcard: Denon 1613+KlipschHDT1000
PSU: 600W Thermaltake TR2
Default 03-06-2017, 09:59 | posts: 52 | Location: Uruguay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer98 View Post
Look uruguay. you can buy legal marijuana on the pharmacy only need to register and with the fingerprint a computer tell how much you can buy.
The are making money and removing the bad marijuana from the market aka "el prensado paraguayo"
No you can't.
That was just campaigning by world-praised fiasco Pepe Mujica.
The law was passed in 2013. Four years later, there's still to be a pharmacy that has ever sold marijuana.
If I remember correctly it's because no pharmacy owners had to deal with the thing.

Old
  (#90)
zipper
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 680M
Processor: i7 3630QM
Mainboard: MSI
Memory: 16 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: 180+ min battery
Default 03-06-2017, 10:14 | posts: 821 | Location: finland

Pah, we just have spruce needles to smoke here...

Old
  (#91)
akbaar
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.6
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT
Memory: 32gb G.SKILL 3200 CL14 1T
Soundcard: SupremeFX Impact III
PSU: Corsair AX760i
Default 03-06-2017, 10:48 | posts: 209 | Location: Middle East Region

Vaping is better !

Old
  (#92)
cowie
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX
Processor: 2600k
Mainboard: gigabyte p67 UD7
Memory: 2x4g 1600 ddr3
Soundcard:
PSU: pcp&c 1200 watt
Default 03-06-2017, 10:55 | posts: 12,789 | Location: new jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
What is a dab?

dabs is smoking the pressed buds resin
for crack heads of the weed world,i hate when they do that to such pretty flowers

Old
  (#93)
Merlena

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+
Processor: Intel 4790K (Z97)
Mainboard: AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X
Memory: Kingston Beast 2400Mhz
Soundcard: ASUS Xense 7.1 Card
PSU: XFX 850W Gold+
Default 03-06-2017, 11:18 | posts: 43 | Location: Oslo, Norway

We should get off this keyboard - meet up and smoke a fat one, this community together. Peace.

Old
  (#94)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Default 03-06-2017, 12:12 | posts: 4,617 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlena View Post
We should get off this keyboard - meet up and smoke a fat one, this community together. Peace.
I'll order the pizza then.

Old
  (#95)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 1070 AMP! H75
Processor: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz H100i V2
Mainboard: GBE X79-UD3 F21E Mod2
Memory: G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti.Champ Z-5300
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-06-2017, 14:03 | posts: 963 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlena View Post
...or three or four.

Old
  (#96)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 03-06-2017, 14:05 | posts: 2,178 | Location: UK

I'm glad it's illegal.

The problems facing the Human Race cannot be solved by intoxification and the inability to conduct analysis of these problems, or perform critical thinking.

All drugs, and toxins; need to be removed - yes I include alcohol in that bitter statement.

"Uninvent" them, would be my choice = since that is impossible, a shotgun to the face of the person in possession of any toxin (including alcohol) and the person standing next to them. That would probably be a good place to start.

No, I'm not joking - and if any of you want to rant about booze. Tell you what. Go pay a visit to the nearest emergency room on a Saturday morning @ 2AM and go rant at the children who just lost their parents to a drunk driver - and them come back here and rant at me on the internet, like that is going to convince me otherwise, anyway.

Medical weed - not needed. The pharmaceutical companies out there have gotten their weed-extract drugs APPROVED and that argument is therefore VOID.

There is no need whatsoever in any way for any human being to intoxicate themselves. End of argument, story, whatever. If you want to get high, invent warp speed and go to another planet and don't let the lack of a Heisenberg compensator squish you on your way out...

Old
  (#97)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru

Default 03-06-2017, 14:11 | posts: 963 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
I'm glad it's illegal.

The problems facing the Human Race cannot be solved by intoxification and the inability to conduct analysis of these problems, or perform critical thinking.

All drugs, and toxins; need to be removed - yes I include alcohol in that bitter statement.

"Uninvent" them, would be my choice = since that is impossible, a shotgun to the face of the person in possession of any toxin (including alcohol) and the person standing next to them. That would probably be a good place to start.

No, I'm not joking - and if any of you want to rant about booze. Tell you what. Go pay a visit to the nearest emergency room on a Saturday morning @ 2AM and go rant at the children who just lost their parents to a drunk driver - and them come back here and rant at me on the internet, like that is going to convince me otherwise, anyway.

Medical weed - not needed. The pharmaceutical companies out there have gotten their weed-extract drugs APPROVED and that argument is therefore VOID.

There is no need whatsoever in any way for any human being to intoxicate themselves. End of argument, story, whatever. If you want to get high, invent warp speed and go to another planet and don't let the lack of a Heisenberg compensator squish you on your way out...
In a perfect world where, "you the individual" are in control of everything?...cool sure.
But reality is much different...I toke till my eyes wide shut, until your "utopia" manifests itself.

Check this just for kicks if you wish...dude speeding down a highway at 6 am, approaching an area known to have pedestrians crossing regularly as the market is across the street.Poor people area, it's no secret.Mother and two daughters, 7 and 12 yrs old, waiting to cross.Dude loses control, jumps the curb killing all three.The police reach on the scene and secures (not arrests) the driver who is now a murderer.Why? One of their own, but off duty.Never hear of the story again but the Gov't gives the poor people of the area a walkover.Case fkn closed right?...and that's just one story.

There's a reason I renamed my location....reality sucks hard for a lot of the worlds' peoples...I escape into my brain for the ones who can't...those are my thoughts.

Last edited by Dragondale13; 03-06-2017 at 14:36.

Old
  (#98)
XP-200
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX 970 Strix
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z87-K
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333
Soundcard: VIA HD Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600w+80
Default 03-06-2017, 14:34 | posts: 3,681 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
I'm glad it's illegal.

I sometimes wonder if we are indeed nothing more than a virus on this planet, as a race all we seem to do is consume and destroy, be it the planet, the other life forms on it, each other, or ourselves, and we always find ways to justify it, we are a strange species, no doubt about it.

Old
  (#99)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru

Default 03-06-2017, 14:43 | posts: 963 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP-200 View Post
I sometimes wonder if we are indeed nothing more than a virus on this planet, as a race all we seem to do is consume and destroy, be it the planet, the other life forms on it, each other, or ourselves, and we always find ways to justify it, we are a strange species, no doubt about it.
Learn history (not the 5 minute clips on youtube) and it becomes quite clear who the viruses are or better yet, who introduced viruses to the indigenous peoples all over the world, during their explorations/exploits.

Last edited by Dragondale13; 03-06-2017 at 14:48.

Old
  (#100)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru

Default 03-06-2017, 15:07 | posts: 963 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

So don't go killing the vibe....don't like the topic!? don't comment.Weed lovers resume with the love, I'm done teaching for today.