Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#51)
slick3
Maha Guru

Videocard: ROG STRIX GTX 1070
Processor: AMD FX 8320 @4.6 ghz
Mainboard: ASUS 970 Gaming AURA
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Soundcard: Xonar U3 + HD One headset
PSU: EVGA 750w
Default 03-17-2017, 22:13 | posts: 1,401 | Location: >.>

What if I'm the only human being, and everyone else is simulated?

Ever thought that about yourself? o_o

Old
  (#52)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI RX 480 Gamming
Processor: Ryzen 1700X
Mainboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
Memory: GSkill Trident (2x8) 3200
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic SSR-1200PD
Default 03-17-2017, 23:46 | posts: 1,505

Quote:
A computer tech forum and you think a base ten numbering system is binary? Binary has a 1 and a 0, 0 - 9 are a decimal system NOT a binary system.
???

Loosen up. The ridiculousness has escaped you. If it has to be explained the silliness of it all is lost. Why so serious? You read like a person who takes themselves too seriously.

Old
  (#53)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 03-18-2017, 18:31 | posts: 3,032

Quote:
Loosen up. The ridiculousness has escaped you.
Ahh talking b*llocks, got ya!

Old
  (#54)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 4GB
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 03-18-2017, 18:40 | posts: 17,008 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
What if I'm the only human being, and everyone else is simulated?

Ever thought that about yourself? o_o
What if when you go to sleep, you are taken every single night and tortured to the point of insanity, memory wiped and placed back in your bed non the wiser the next morning?

Old
  (#55)
kegastaMmer
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI n570gtx TF II
Processor: AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 4.2
Mainboard: MSI 890 GXM-GD65
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz Corsair
Soundcard:
PSU: OcZ 750w
Default 03-19-2017, 02:54 | posts: 202 | Location: Kathmandu, Nepal

mm, no exercise makes us a wandering volatile susceptible being. Take a stroll, exhaust yourself to cause exhaustion nausea, and every fibre of our body will say its real

Old
  (#56)
sverek
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 4G
Processor: i5 2500k
Mainboard: P8Z68-V
Memory: Corsair Ven. 8GB
Soundcard: XonarDG+HD595
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-19-2017, 02:59 | posts: 2,510 | Location: Chiba, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegastaMmer View Post
mm, no exercise makes us a wandering volatile susceptible being. Take a stroll, exhaust yourself to cause exhaustion nausea, and every fibre of our body will say its real
Yup, that how its programmed

Old
  (#57)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5 6600k @3.5GHZ
Mainboard:
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill
Soundcard: SB X-FI MB3
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 03-20-2017, 15:06 | posts: 1,727 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW75 View Post
I have no doubt that something strange is happening. For instance, Wynona Ryder is now Winona Ryder. Sally Fields is now Sally Field. In The Empire Strikes Back, the line "Luke, I am your father" is now "No, I am your father". C3PO now has a silver leg, instead of being all gold. In the movie "ET", he now says "ET home phone" instead of "ET phone home". Things in this reality are being altered, without question.
The Mandela effect seems odd to me because it only affects media. What's the purpose?

Old
  (#58)
Passus
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI r9 280 1180/1500
Processor: AMD fX6300
Mainboard: Asus m5a97 r2
Memory: 16gb DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Creative SB Z 2
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B1
Default 03-22-2017, 18:59 | posts: 631 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
The Mandela effect seems odd to me because it only affects media. What's the purpose?
It does not only affect the media, it has affected the bible, well known brands, car makers, old movies/tv shows,

A LOT has changed.

Old
  (#59)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Mainboard:
Default 03-22-2017, 19:30 | posts: 1,727 | Location: Chicago

That's all commercial/media related though.

What I mean is, events aren't seemingly different, wars, people in power, etc.

If there is some sort of deception or ...making E.T say home phone instead of phone home isn't concerning me.

The Bible, it has been altered for most of it's existence. I understand the books of revelations is now simply known as revelation. That's an edit for the times, not one without explanation.

I don't buy it.

People trying to alter time and minds need to do more than change the out come of a Sinbad movie.

Old
  (#60)
Passus
Master Guru

Default 03-23-2017, 12:00 | posts: 631 | Location: UK

Quote:
That's all commercial/media related though.

What I mean is, events aren't seemingly different, wars, people in power, etc.

If there is some sort of deception or ...making E.T say home phone instead of phone home isn't concerning me.

The Bible, it has been altered for most of it's existence. I understand the books of revelations is now simply known as revelation. That's an edit for the times, not one without explanation.

I don't buy it.

People trying to alter time and minds need to do more than change the out come of a Sinbad movie.
I do not think it is a conspiracy but a side effect of CERN smashing particles together sometimes effectively revealing other "timelines" quantum physics does point to a matrix type universe and there are infinite dimensions that exist along side ours as we see it.

D'WAVE computers may also play a part in this.

I am a firm believer in what a lot of people cannot begin to even entertain a thought about,

"Things in this world are only as we make them in our minds"

another example in that if "we are made of atoms then we are not physical beings as we perceive things"

Strange and exciting times ahead as we uncover more and more

Old
  (#61)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Mainboard:
Default 03-24-2017, 19:12 | posts: 1,727 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passus View Post
I do not think it is a conspiracy but a side effect of CERN smashing particles together sometimes effectively revealing other "timelines" quantum physics does point to a matrix type universe and there are infinite dimensions that exist along side ours as we see it.

D'WAVE computers may also play a part in this.

I am a firm believer in what a lot of people cannot begin to even entertain a thought about,

"Things in this world are only as we make them in our minds"

another example in that if "we are made of atoms then we are not physical beings as we perceive things"

Strange and exciting times ahead as we uncover more and more
I believe in many things. Typically labeled "conspiracy" so sheep condescend. I agree with the atom theory. If you really look into it, how is something that is 99.4% empty, creating a universe?? Electrons. Bull****. An invisible force is bringing together and filling in the empty parts of the atom? This is plausible but the same people laugh at the idea of God. No one knows anything, but everyone knows everything.

The Hologram Principle doesn't make sense to me in that there are too many things that don't correlate with a hologram. Thought, physical pain, emotion, etc.

Old
  (#62)
Dragondale13
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 1070 AMP! H75
Processor: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz H100i V2
Mainboard: GBE X79-UD3 F21E Mod2
Memory: G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Ti.Champ Z-5300
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 03-24-2017, 19:54 | posts: 927 | Location: ...........In a corrupt country

Vibrations create the illusion of solidity....Nick Cage...Sorcerer's Apprentice.

The earth's magnetic field, our body's main organs eg. brain and heart magnetic fields are being bombarded by negative energy.It's called feedback from the countless things we do on a day to day basis without even realizing it.When a thought happens it carries a certain amount of emotion and a multitude of feeling, but varying in magnitude...for every action there's a reaction...these vibrations interact with one another.

Control the interaction between all those emitters and receivers, you run the board.Electricity carries spirit energy also.It wasn't just lingering in the universe for billions of years before us, just so we can power our Pcs.

Old
  (#63)
Fox2232
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Fury X - XL2420T(Z)@144Hz
Processor: i5-2500k@4.5GHz NH-D14
Mainboard: MSI Z68A-GD80[g3]
Memory: 4x4GB 1600MHz 9,9,8,20 1T
Soundcard: Essence ST / AKG K-701
PSU: FSP Gold series 750W
Default 03-24-2017, 20:29 | posts: 5,040 | Location: EU, CZ, Brno

None of us sees colors same way. None of us hears same sound as someone else. None of us feels what others feel.

Every single person lives in reality of his/hers own. Because what we perceive is actually construct of our mind based on our inputs.
There are blind people who think that they see...

What does it matter if this is computer simulation or world made of physical particles. We as well may be physical experiment in some gigantic petri dish.
It only matters that we perceive, we feel and we have freedom of choice.

Old
  (#64)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Mainboard:
Default 03-24-2017, 20:50 | posts: 1,727 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox2232 View Post
None of us sees colors same way. None of us hears same sound as someone else. None of us feels what others feel.

Every single person lives in reality of his/hers own. Because what we perceive is actually construct of our mind based on our inputs.
There are blind people who think that they see...

What does it matter if this is computer simulation or world made of physical particles. We as well may be physical experiment in some gigantic petri dish.
It only matters that we perceive, we feel and we have freedom of choice.
I see your point. But spiritually, that means we have no decent after-life to look forward to since we aren't "real". That bothers me. I'm not speaking of Heaven. Just an after-life in general.

If we are simulated, how do we know we have freedom and aren't just on a train track, a path already set for us. We may feel it's a choice but it's really a digital path already programmed for us to follow. Like a scripted video game.

EDIT: And I just want to thank you guys for being able to have a civil conversation about this. Nice we all don't have to agree, but can still enjoy conversation and respect each other.

Old
  (#65)
Passus
Master Guru

Default 03-24-2017, 21:18 | posts: 631 | Location: UK

Agreed great convo.. kudos to all

As for after-life, I have always felt that my consciousness is not really apart of me but the real me, guiding this physical experience we call life

I have a few spiritual/weird encounters in my life to realise not all is as it seems to be

Old
  (#66)
Scorch666
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 1070 GameRock Premium
Processor: INTEL i7 4790K (stock)
Mainboard: ASROCK F Z97X KILLER
Memory: 16GB HYPERX SAVAGE 2400
Soundcard: PURITY SOUND 2
PSU: EVGA GOLD 650W
Default 03-25-2017, 02:07 | posts: 2,693 | Location: M.K. England.

I think that when you dream you go of to a different space, time, continuum. And when you wake up and think hmm I liked that dream, it becomes a contender for a new life when you die. Or the opposite. Maybe when you die you got so many choices of a new life.

I belive your soul flies of to new planets and lives on when you die.

Last edited by Scorch666; 03-25-2017 at 02:09.

Old
  (#67)
Passus
Master Guru

Default 03-25-2017, 08:24 | posts: 631 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch666 View Post
I think that when you dream you go of to a different space, time, continuum. And when you wake up and think hmm I liked that dream, it becomes a contender for a new life when you die. Or the opposite. Maybe when you die you got so many choices of a new life.

I belive your soul flies of to new planets and lives on when you die.
Same as me mate, the soul and consciousness are eternal

Old
  (#68)
Fox2232
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Fury X - XL2420T(Z)@144Hz
Processor: i5-2500k@4.5GHz NH-D14
Mainboard: MSI Z68A-GD80[g3]
Memory: 4x4GB 1600MHz 9,9,8,20 1T
Soundcard: Essence ST / AKG K-701
PSU: FSP Gold series 750W
Default 03-25-2017, 09:53 | posts: 5,040 | Location: EU, CZ, Brno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passus View Post
Agreed great convo.. kudos to all

As for after-life, I have always felt that my consciousness is not really apart of me but the real me, guiding this physical experience we call life

I have a few spiritual/weird encounters in my life to realise not all is as it seems to be
Stories about soul. If you could track their source, you would realize that no human being truly experienced anything that could hint soul in last few hundreds years.

Do not expect your existence to continue by other means than fragments of genetic memory you give to your children.
And I say it even through I had my share of weird stuff too.
Quote:
I see your point. But spiritually, that means we have no decent after-life to look forward to since we aren't "real". That bothers me. I'm not speaking of Heaven. Just an after-life in general.

If we are simulated, how do we know we have freedom and aren't just on a train track, a path already set for us. We may feel it's a choice but it's really a digital path already programmed for us to follow. Like a scripted video game.

EDIT: And I just want to thank you guys for being able to have a civil conversation about this. Nice we all don't have to agree, but can still enjoy conversation and respect each other.
If you are helpful or harmful to other people, it should come from you, not from some faith in God or promise of afterlife. Then you are expressing your choice.

Secondly you are free to toss coin for every decision you are about to make. That's how you can experience: "giving up on your choice", but even then if result of toss is too negative, you will still ignore it and experience your free will.

And then there is thing about simulation: If we were some kind of restricted simulation without having ability to chose for ourselves, there would be no reason to run it. It would be much more resource efficient to reduce complex iterative systems into more 'simple' sets of integrals representing each system with many variables.

Last edited by Fox2232; 03-25-2017 at 10:17.