Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#26)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI RX 480 Gamming
Processor: Ryzen 1700X
Mainboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
Memory: GSkill Trident (2x8) 3200
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic SSR-1200PD
Default 02-06-2017, 19:47 | posts: 1,650

Quote:
No. Human stupidity is infinite and would crash Matrix again and again.
Making something idiot proof is impossible because a better idiot will eventually come along. Evolution at its finest.

The asteroid was the first hard boot of this planet. The ice ages were just soft boots.

"...The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once..."

Old
  (#27)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ZOTAC GTX980Ti Amp!Omega
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe 2103
Memory: Gskill TridX 16GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD @Bose A5
PSU: Nitro88+ 650W 52A
Default 02-06-2017, 20:55 | posts: 13,717 | Location: Proxima \/82

Old
  (#28)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 02-07-2017, 23:32 | posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
There's quite a few theories in the world that our universe is a computer simulation
Except that isn't what the article is about not even close. The idea of hologram equals simulation is something brought over from what we have seen in sci-fi. The idea being expressed in this article use the word hologram but it is in no way linked to this flawed hologram equals simulation idea that most people seem to associate holograms with.

Old
  (#29)
moab600
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 980TI Gaming
Processor: Core I7 4790K 4.6GHZ
Mainboard: Asus Z97 PRO 2501
Memory: 16GB DDRIII 1866MHZ
Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX II Z906
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 650W 85+Br
Default 02-08-2017, 13:49 | posts: 5,917 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
But if aliens created the matrix we live in, why is it glitching? Do aliens not have QA software department? Will they update our universe with service pack? If so, will it require restarting?
It could be that we are the glitch, and instead of fixing it, they relying on our DNA code to create something better, in case of another glitch , i'll ask my alien partner when he comes from Pluto

Old
  (#30)
chispy
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX1070@ 2126/2300Mhz-H2O
Processor: AMD R7 1700x@ 4200Mhz-H2O
Mainboard: Asus CH VI Hero x370 AM4
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3200Ghz 16GB
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: eVGA Supernova G2-1300w
Talking 02-08-2017, 14:12 | posts: 7,714 | Location: In Paradise :)

Wat ! I have been living in the matrix and nobody told me , no wonder that black lady offer me to choose a blue pill or a red pill yesterday

Old
  (#31)
TDurden
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
Processor: Core i5 6600
Mainboard: Asus Z170M-PLUS
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4 2133
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W
Default 02-08-2017, 14:24 | posts: 1,959 | Location: LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moab600 View Post
It could be that we are the glitch, and instead of fixing it, they relying on our DNA code to create something better, in case of another glitch , i'll ask my alien partner when he comes from Pluto
Or it may be we live in Early Access universe, not representing the quality of the final universe. In the final version there will be much bigger variety of cats

Old
  (#32)
moab600
Ancient Guru

Default 02-08-2017, 17:59 | posts: 5,917 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Or it may be we live in Early Access universe, not representing the quality of the final universe. In the final version there will be much bigger variety of cats
CATSS omg wait, so EA is the implant of the aliens as the main glitch? or the glitch that contain us? and ubisoft???

So many questions...

Old
  (#33)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5 6600k @3.5GHZ
Mainboard: MSI G1 Gaming Board
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill
Soundcard: SB X-FI MB3
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 02-08-2017, 18:19 | posts: 1,928 | Location: Chicago

A holographic world helps the debate against atoms and the amount of them to create and the debunking of Einsteins theory with more technology to look deeper into things (someone posted a video with such ideas on page 1).

The problem is in the scientific field there's 3 types of scientists.

1.) Indignant ones that will never break from what came before them
2.) Scared ones too unwilling to find out a truth they do not want a part of
3.) Truth seekers that end up being cast aside and called crazy.

#2 Is what I read and hear most with these sort of topics. Man is too full of himself to ever accept he truly means nothing. Much less find out, he's a virtual, hence, physical, literal, nothing.

Old
  (#34)
gringopig
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA 980Ti SC
Processor: Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth X58
Memory: DDR3 Corsair 12GB
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 02-08-2017, 19:46 | posts: 207 | Location: Edinburgh

The world of theoretical physics and the world of the media meet in hyperbole-ridden shock sci-fi banner heading: "Hologram Glitch Computer Simulation by the They!"

Imaginations are stirred! Meandering thoughts meander over 'cosmic' possibilities of control by The They. Thoughts of " I always wondered if I was being controlled/was a computer simulation/was a 'Matrix' of some kind" bubble up from the sub-conscious and fevered teenage protestations of projected parental aggression become LITERAL FACTOIDS!!!!

Meanwhile, a scientist rubs his fingertips with anticipation, his/her belly rumbling/children crying for holiday/car/Xbox; the grant application lightly dappled with fevered sweat....

Old
  (#35)
davevas

Videocard: Nvidia GTX1070
Processor: Intel I5 3330
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 700 watt
Default 02-08-2017, 21:18 | posts: 7

Yes indeed. 2 birds 1 big ass heavier then all hell stone.
Glitch no.
Perfect order would be the matrix. We are the beings of our own thought, wild and inventive. Things of the opposite are on our side of the board (chaos).
If we were told the secret to a succesful life is to not profit from life or death but we will never have anything. 90% of the blocks wouldn't exists but the 10% would never move.
Question, herd when I was younger the highest number is a google? My logic states it's 10 then just veriants.

Old
  (#36)
neeeksta
Master Guru

Videocard: Giggley bite 980ti G1
Processor: 4770k@440(like the A note
Mainboard: Asus Hero IV
Memory: 16 G Skill @ 2400
Soundcard: XFi titanium dooferizer,
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Default 02-09-2017, 00:30 | posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand

The theory I have continued to enjoy and live in, since the early 80s is best explained by Allan Watts
Who reiterates what he has read mainly in eastern philosophy.
The universe is consciousness ( some like to say god) playing a game of hide and seek / deliberate amnesia for the purpose of experience / contrast.

For most there are 2 choices and I even suspect they interact at the unconscious level as that is where brainwashing and beLIEfs are.

1) Look folks just get over yourselves - your are nothing but a hairless monkey on a non event planet, middle of nowhere mundane galaxy, fresh from the big bang and everything is an accident whirling uselessly through time and space.

2) For some reason the god chappy got all enthused and spent an exhausting 6 daze creating reality from the periodic table of elephants. So just believe and you get a permanent stay in heaven.

My choice is the 3rd which is:
Life is a cosmic drama, complete with a cast of hero's and villains like;
Life death / love hate / pleasure pain / positive negative / buyer seller.
What you personally CAN know without even dipping your feet in one of the myriad of pools of intellectual or philosophical waters is;
Contrast is the way we experience every aspect of life.

I came to gaming a bit late umm about 2007 and firstly in STALKER, when I realized the most prized quality and reason for gaming was - immersion.
That is to say while I was in the lab with dangerous anomalies and monsters lurking in the dark, I was right there intensely in the grips of the experience!

So of course it made sense that we enjoy the challenge of overcoming hurdles, mastering the self / emotions and expanding our consciousness.

So when folks express a common view and it is actually the same in my opinion - I am scared of being nothing OR I don't have a problem with being nothing.
My intuition says;
Nope I don't agree, you are part of an integral, essential everything.
One and the same as the twinkling stars, Hunab Ku, shining sun, growing grass and the Axolotl.

Ask yourself "Am I circulating the blood in my body / digesting my tucker / breathing?"
Or is it nature / ground of being / autonomous nervous system?
One thing is sure, it's not a conscious doing.
It is happening and the million dollar question is who is the "I" that is asking?

I will send my 980 TI to anyone who can show me ... The Self

So to conclude my long winded verbal diarrhea - to talk of virtual reality / holograms / AI / Matrices and illusory 3D projections is heading in the right direction but the big difference is:
We are doing it to our selves.
This is much less helpless victim mode and more exciting and interactive.
If you really want to know first hand there are a couple of options.
A big dose of Entheogens OR a hard core meditation practice.

If this is all Greek to you perhaps you are familiar with;
Oracle at Delphi - "Know thyself"

Old
  (#37)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-09-2017, 01:43 | posts: 1,650

Quote:
...My logic states it's 10 then just veriants.
The highest number is 9. The rest are just combinations of 0-9. 10 is just the combination of a 1 and a 0. We are stuck in binary. Which is why the 3D world is mapped on a two dimensional plain. Need more than just 1s and 0s.

It's not the Matrix...It's...it's...wait for it...TRON.

Old
  (#38)
HeavyHemi
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX1080Ti/980TiSC PhysX
Processor: i7 6850K 4.5 Ghz 1.34 v
Mainboard: EVGA X99 FTWK
Memory: Corsair 3200mhz LPX 32GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Phoebus
PSU: CORSAIR AX1200
Default 02-09-2017, 02:33 | posts: 5,219 | Location: Wooing whilst wearing only socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
the highest number is 9. The rest are just combinations of 0-9. 10 is just the combination of a 1 and a 0. We are stuck in binary. Which is why the 3d world is mapped on a two dimensional plain. Need more than just 1s and 0s.

It's not the matrix...it's...it's...wait for it...tron.

Old
  (#39)
Noisiv
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 ACIV 1150/1500MHz
Processor: i5-4590
Mainboard: ECS Z97 Machine
Memory: 16GB HyperX 2400MHz
Soundcard: Teac UD-501->JBL LSR308
PSU: Silent Pro M700
Default 02-09-2017, 02:38 | posts: 5,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeeksta View Post
The universe is consciousness ( some like to say god) playing a game of hide and seek / deliberate amnesia for the purpose of experience / contrast.

I came to gaming a bit late umm about 2007 and firstly in STALKER, when I realized the most prized quality and reason for gaming was - immersion.
That is to say while I was in the lab with dangerous anomalies and monsters lurking in the dark, I was right there intensely in the grips of the experience!

So of course it made sense that we enjoy the challenge of overcoming hurdles, mastering the self / emotions and expanding our consciousness.

I got you!

Old
  (#40)
neeeksta
Master Guru

Videocard: Giggley bite 980ti G1
Processor: 4770k@440(like the A note
Mainboard: Asus Hero IV
Memory: 16 G Skill @ 2400
Soundcard: XFi titanium dooferizer,
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Default 02-09-2017, 06:09 | posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand

Code:
I got you!
Haha nice, well there is no better analogy to the spiritual adventure than dear ol Strelok who went from zero to hero, from a pistol to a big zappy dooferizer and in fact he had amnesia .. just like we do

Old
  (#41)
Spartan
Master Guru

Videocard: R9 290 PCS+
Processor: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz / H80i
Mainboard: ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER
Memory: 2x8GB HyperXFury 2133Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair CS750M
Default 02-09-2017, 09:45 | posts: 675 | Location: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeeksta View Post
Ask yourself "Am I circulating the blood in my body / digesting my tucker / breathing?"
Or is it nature / ground of being / autonomous nervous system?
One thing is sure, it's not a conscious doing.
It is happening and the million dollar question is who is the "I" that is asking?

I will send my 980 TI to anyone who can show me ... The Self :wanker
Unfortunately, no one is able to answer your question, some would even say (Buddhists) that "The Self" is more of an illusion sort of thing. Yep, you have to find the answer yourself.

Old
  (#42)
davevas

Videocard: Nvidia GTX1070
Processor: Intel I5 3330
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 700 watt
Default 02-09-2017, 15:51 | posts: 7

We see it in nature all the time and being a part we mimic for survial. The way it starts is the way it ends. Looking at transparent mist causing a rainbow colors cycle back. Giving thought to a two dimensional plain. A perfect circle does not exist in nature or absolute zero. But in theory it is practical. 012345678910 (the way it starts is the way it ends). To change the end the beginning must change. I think there lies ones self in absolute zero. No materialistic things just the fight to get back to what we were all once, perfectly insane, without complications and immortal.

Old
  (#43)
Clouseau
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-09-2017, 18:48 | posts: 1,650

Flying off this rock if the goal is to striving to amount to absolute zero

Old
  (#44)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Default 03-14-2017, 16:01 | posts: 1,928 | Location: Chicago

I think people have too much ego and refuse to believe anything that suggests we are the universal bugs of existence. Think about it. What other place in any other galaxy would pay and honor other people for "acting"? You made a movie? By God, here's millions of dollars and fame. You sir, are a genius. Meanwhile other worlds are doing real work and that's why we are so behind. We would rather read about who Brad Pitt is dating than consider an article on a holographic world.

The fear kicks in. Because you introduce something that shatters their belief system. So you'll be attacked, trolled or they'll simply know more than the physicist's in question rofl. Some of that going on here too.

I long for a day when people aren't so naive. Hologram or not.

Old
  (#45)
sverek
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 4G
Processor: i5 2500k
Mainboard: P8Z68-V
Memory: Corsair Ven. 8GB
Soundcard: XonarDG+HD595
PSU: Corsair HX850
Angry 03-14-2017, 23:09 | posts: 2,684 | Location: Ibaraki, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
I think people have too much ego and refuse to believe anything that suggests we are the universal bugs of existence. Think about it. What other place in any other galaxy would pay and honor other people for "acting"? You made a movie? By God, here's millions of dollars and fame. You sir, are a genius. Meanwhile other worlds are doing real work and that's why we are so behind. We would rather read about who Brad Pitt is dating than consider an article on a holographic world.

The fear kicks in. Because you introduce something that shatters their belief system. So you'll be attacked, trolled or they'll simply know more than the physicist's in question rofl. Some of that going on here too.

I long for a day when people aren't so naive. Hologram or not.
You are naive yourself for thinking of it.

Old
  (#46)
kegastaMmer
Master Guru

Videocard: a cheap naked sub-heater
Processor: an underrated room heater
Mainboard: a heater bed
Memory: heating reminder
Soundcard: heater already loud enoug
PSU: coolest furnace feeder
Default 03-16-2017, 05:59 | posts: 224 | Location: hot springs, cool summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculuS View Post
I feel like we all should just live our lives to the fullest and let smart people deal with the theory of existing.

Makes no sense worrying about it or arguing about it imo.
That mathematically incorrect of a mathematical figure AkA, Calculus, to dismiss a possibility just when you found a way to solve the problem.

Old
  (#47)
moab600
Ancient Guru

Default 03-16-2017, 20:36 | posts: 5,917 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Heheh cats are too good for EA, plus i had serious bugs in my life but i could fix them all, usually some weirdo bugs cannot be fixed, and i didn't purchase "Premium Edition" )))

Old
  (#48)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Default 03-17-2017, 17:41 | posts: 1,928 | Location: Chicago

You can joke, but most scientists are at a point where they feel there's a 50/50 chance this is a simulation/hologram vs. a base reality.

I enjoy reading the stuff, but I find it ridiculous that anyone thinks they can break out, such as Elon Musk, Bank of America and a few other Billionaires (that everyone in this thread is obviously smarter than) who have hired a team of scientists to break out of this hologram and/or simulation.

My low-level argument...You can't use a hologram to discover a reality behind it. Especially if there is intelligence behind it, operating it. I would assume whatever being or beings that constructed this, as far as this creation unto them, that they would be omnipotent.

Old
  (#49)
DW75
Master Guru

Videocard: Zotac GTX1080 AMP EXTREME
Processor: i5 4690K
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
Memory: Kingston DDR3 1866 16GB
Soundcard: Creative ZXR/SR6007/HD600
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2
Default 03-17-2017, 18:59 | posts: 308 | Location: Canada

I have no doubt that something strange is happening. For instance, Wynona Ryder is now Winona Ryder. Sally Fields is now Sally Field. In The Empire Strikes Back, the line "Luke, I am your father" is now "No, I am your father". C3PO now has a silver leg, instead of being all gold. In the movie "ET", he now says "ET home phone" instead of "ET phone home". Things in this reality are being altered, without question.

Old
  (#50)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 03-17-2017, 20:39 | posts: 3,071

Quote:
The highest number is 9. The rest are just combinations of 0-9. 10 is just the combination of a 1 and a 0. We are stuck in binary.
A computer tech forum and you think a base ten numbering system is binary? Binary has a 1 and a 0, 0 - 9 are a decimal system NOT a binary system.

Tags
hologram principal, hologram world, simulation theory