Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#26)
drandiiski
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
Processor: Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Memory: 2x4Gb DDR3 @1646Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W eXtreme
Default 01-10-2017, 12:14 | posts: 1,113 | Location: Bulgaria

Been smoking for about 10 years and 3 years ago I quitted, using an e-cigarette for when the craving was bad. Stopped that too at some point. A few months back, I did stated to smoke real cigarettes again. It was a real stupid move on my part, but times were hard and I was drunk and depressed most of the time. Anyways, I decided to quit it, but also lean back on vaping again as a replacement.

At the moment Iím vaping Cosmic Fog Euphoria 03mg using Joyetech eVic Basic with a 1.5ohm Clapton coil at 14W mouth to lung. Also ordered the Joyetech eGrip II. I think it is important to notice how and how much you are doing it. Obviously making direct lung hits, at high voltages, temps and nicotine levels will have higher impact, whatever that may be. Thatís why I prefer to stay low on all these and also keep an eye on my puff stats. Iím down from about 130 hits a day last month, to around 80 hits a day for the past 7-10 days. Trying to go less and less and may be at some point get a nicotine free juice.

All in all, I think that vaping is way better than smoking for your health (smell and budget too). Yes there may be health concerns and what not, but you still canít compare breathing smoke from burning tobacco with all the chemicals added + the tar that sticks to your lungs, to a vapour that contains a handful of chemicals, most of which proven to be non-toxic. Everybody can have their opinion and thatís fine, but I will recommend vaping over smoking any day, if you are going to do one of those. And as someone who has successfully quitted smoking before with the help of vaping (and is on track to do it again) I believe that this is one of the better ways to go. Yes you are replacing one habit with another, but with the right attitude you can quit for good, or lower your smoking to just a few puffs a day, like at the end of the day with your drink of choice. Cheers!

Old
  (#27)
viren
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 960
Processor: I5 4690K
Mainboard: Z87
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: 7.1 PCI-E
PSU: 800W
Default 01-15-2017, 20:36 | posts: 2,443 | Location: PUNE

U cannot quit smoking that easily...but I really suggest u smoke in a clear envioronment... so that that u breathe in clear air while u exhale the ****...I tried to quit smoking but I got admitted to a ****ing hospital...it not that easy...

Old
  (#28)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 01-15-2017, 20:53 | posts: 4,702 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren View Post
U cannot quit smoking that easily...but I really suggest u smoke in a clear envioronment... so that that u breathe in clear air while u exhale the ****...I tried to quit smoking but I got admitted to a ****ing hospital...it not that easy...
More info please, what happened?

Old
  (#29)
alpha007org
Member Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
Processor: i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77V-PRO
Memory: Corsair Venegance 16GB
Soundcard:
PSU: 850W
Default 01-15-2017, 21:28 | posts: 46 | Location: EU Slovenia

I was smoking for 20+ years. As I'm software developer I was always smoking behind computer. 2 years ago docs tested my lungs and it was a disaster.

I started vaping 1 year ago. In december 2016 I was doing same tests again. My lung capacity and bronchie** something improved DRASTICALLY.

I am not claiming that vaping is harmless, but comparing to cigs, it may as well be.

Old
  (#30)
Mannerheim
Ancient Guru

Videocard: nvidia GTX 1070 mobile
Processor: i7 7700HQ
Mainboard:
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400
Soundcard:
PSU: HP
Default 01-15-2017, 23:00 | posts: 4,748 | Location: Finland

3 years with steam now.. and happy.

Old
  (#31)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX 470
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Mainboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Memory: Corsair DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Realtek....
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 01-15-2017, 23:54 | posts: 19,943 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
I'd call it a smoking replacement rather than something to use to quit smoking.

I did it for around 7 months and stopped because it seemed to affect my lungs worse than real smoking. The smoke fills the room as well so everyone else in the house was breathing it in along with me. While gaming, I was constantly on it because it's so convenient, same when driving.

As I worked as a chef I also felt that adding more oil into my lungs long term isn't a good idea. Great for saving money, though. Maybe half of my friends vape now, but, no-one I know has "quit smoking" (as in non-nicotine dependant) by vaping.

I was on about 10 a day, no cravings for real cigs while vaping, but, I just vaped all the time instead.
If you're vaping, there is no "smoke". It's a vapor. According to studies, the vapor is no more harmful for those in the surrounding area than the oxygen they're already breathing, unlike the smoke from a cigarette that contains carcinogens....

Proper vaping liquids contain Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin, along with a flavoring agent. Nicotine is an optional additive compound.

Vaping and Smoking are 2 very different things. While smoking, you're inhaling hundreds to thousands of different, extremely toxic, chemicals. Most major brand cigarettes even contain various poisons like Arsenic. You're also slowly suffocating yourself due to lack of oxygen.

Propylene Glycol is used as both a flavor carrier agent and a preservative in foods and drinks. Vegetable Glycerin is used as a sweetening agent in foods. Both are deemed safe for human consumption. Neither shows negative effects when used in a proper vaporizer.

Old
  (#32)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 01-16-2017, 02:25 | posts: 4,702 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykozis View Post
If you're vaping, there is no "smoke". It's a vapor. According to studies, the vapor is no more harmful for those in the surrounding area than the oxygen they're already breathing, unlike the smoke from a cigarette that contains carcinogens....

Proper vaping liquids contain Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin, along with a flavoring agent. Nicotine is an optional additive compound.

Vaping and Smoking are 2 very different things. While smoking, you're inhaling hundreds to thousands of different, extremely toxic, chemicals. Most major brand cigarettes even contain various poisons like Arsenic. You're also slowly suffocating yourself due to lack of oxygen.

Propylene Glycol is used as both a flavor carrier agent and a preservative in foods and drinks. Vegetable Glycerin is used as a sweetening agent in foods. Both are deemed safe for human consumption. Neither shows negative effects when used in a proper vaporizer.
The difference is a lot of people who smoke will go outside to do it, while most people who vape do it indoors. The only way to make vaping look good is to actually compare it to cigarettes.

http://www.discountvapers.com/risks/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...w-health-risks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...real-deal.html

I don't condone either of them.

Last edited by Stormyandcold; 01-16-2017 at 02:28.

Old
  (#33)
zimzoid
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
Processor: i7 4930K/Corsair H110i
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Ed
Memory: GSkillRipjawsZ4x4 2133mhz
Soundcard: SB Zx Denon Klipsch 5.1
PSU: CM V1200w Platinum
Default 01-16-2017, 02:36 | posts: 1,336 | Location: New Zealand

8 months off the cigs here, had smoked for 35 years and tried every method to try to quit but being a chef and working in high stress environments always went back to smoking, vaping now with 3mg nicotine down from 18mg, using a lostVape Therion 166w device with Joytech Ornate 6ml tank.

Old
  (#34)
PhantomCracking
Master Guru

Videocard: XFX R7970 DD Ghz
Processor: i5-750 / Noctua U12P SE2
Mainboard: MSI P55-GD65
Memory: RipjawsZ 4x4GB
Soundcard: Xonar DG/ALC889 SPDIF
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 01-16-2017, 02:49 | posts: 564 | Location: Tennessee

I dunno.. In my opinion, plenty of things will come to light with Vaping, just as it did with cigarettes.

Still, I do smoke.. Not a whole lot and I've started rolling my own. I use a machine, buy the tobacco and tubes, which saves quite a bit of cash.

Old
  (#35)
zimzoid
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
Processor: i7 4930K/Corsair H110i
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Ed
Memory: GSkillRipjawsZ4x4 2133mhz
Soundcard: SB Zx Denon Klipsch 5.1
PSU: CM V1200w Platinum
Default 01-16-2017, 03:06 | posts: 1,336 | Location: New Zealand

Mainly for me it was the cost, $25 for a pack of 20s and $80 for 50gram rolling tobacco it's so expensive here and the government increasesing the tax on them 10% every year, my week's vape liquid costs $15..

Old
  (#36)
RealNC
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-C43
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, JBL Spot
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 01-16-2017, 03:23 | posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch666 View Post
Indoor Smokers is a very good channel the bloke is nuts lol.
Was that the guy who went "I'm so high they call me your highness?"

Old
  (#37)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 1060 6GB.
Processor: I7 7700HQ
Mainboard: HM175
Memory: 16GB 2400MHZ
Soundcard: ONBOARD
PSU: LAPTOP 150W
Default 01-16-2017, 10:46 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
Was that the guy who went "I'm so high they call me your highness?"
Yup. Lol.

He lives in Washington State. Nuf said.

Old
  (#38)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 10:52 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

What liquids, flavours does everyone like?

I currently like Heisenberg by Vampire Vapes.

Iv'e also gone from 18-24mg nicotine on a above ohm tank, down to 3mg on a sub ohm.

Old
  (#39)
AsiJu
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 980Ti SC+/Xtreme IV
Processor: Ryzen5 1600
Mainboard: ASRock X370 Killer SLI
Memory: G.Skill Trid.Z 3000 16 GB
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium + Z906
PSU: Tt. Toughpower XT 875 W
Default 01-16-2017, 11:00 | posts: 3,512 | Location: Finland

Quote:
What liquids, flavours does everyone like?

I currently like Heisenberg by Vampire Vapes.

Iv'e also gone from 18-24mg nicotine on a above ohm tank, down to 3mg on a sub ohm.
Liqua Q The Moment is my favourite atm with 18 mg nicotine (1.5 ohm vaporizer).

I could probably make-do with lower nicotine content but don't want to risk going back to smokes as have vaped for... about six months so far.

(Use also other tobacco-like-flavoured liquids from Liqua / Liqua Q like Bright Tobacco or Traditional Tobacco).

Old
  (#40)
AndreasGuido
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Core i7 6700k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: Asus Z170-A
Memory: Corsair 8GB DDR4-3000
Soundcard: Integrated 5.1
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W
Default 01-16-2017, 11:02 | posts: 4,841 | Location: Riga, LV/Bristol, UK

Thinking about getting one, cut down smoking for about 5 per day but like to cut it out completely. Any recommended brands? Can i also use liquids with any vape pen?

Old
  (#41)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:08 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiJu View Post
Liqua Q The Moment is my favourite atm with 18 mg nicotine (1.5 ohm vaporizer).

I could probably make-do with lower nicotine content but don't want to risk going back to smokes as have vaped for... about six months so far.

(Use also other tobacco-like-flavoured liquids from Liqua / Liqua Q like Bright Tobacco or Traditional Tobacco).
I rekon you'll do well on 6mg sub ohm.

It's a different kettle off fish when sub ohm vaping. You can't go high with the nicotine as it'll blow your head off. But I went from 1-2 packs a day smoker to 18-24mg vaper down to 3 mg. Talk to someone in your lacal vape shop.

3mg is very low, and I am very supprised am cool with it.

Old
  (#42)
AsiJu
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:12 | posts: 3,512 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasGuido View Post
Thinking about getting one, cut down smoking for about 5 per day but like to cut it out completely. Any recommended brands? Can i also use liquids with any vape pen?
Yea all liquids can be used with any device.

I can recommend the one I have, Innokin Endura T18.

It's a complete starter pack with pen-like device and am still using it, no problems with it.
You just need to order replacement coils but they cost less than EUR a piece.
Based on the liquid you use and your vaping habits a single coil will last for a week to fortnight, give or take.

Also I can wholeheartedly recommend vaping in general, definitely try it out!

Haven't smoked a cigarette since the switch

Old
  (#43)
AsiJu
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:15 | posts: 3,512 | Location: Finland

Quote:
I rekon you'll do well on 6mg sub ohm.

It's a different kettle off fish when sub ohm vaping. You can't go high with the nicotine as it'll blow your head off. But I went from 1-2 packs a day smoker to 18-24mg vaper down to 3 mg. Talk to someone in your lacal vape shop.

3mg is very low, and I am very supprised am cool with it.
Thanks, I'll look into it!

Actually there aren't local vape shops here. Well, dunno maybe some in Southern Finland but you can't buy nicotine liquids in Finland atm.

The liquid nicotine is considered a medicine and as such cannot be sold in retail.

Plenty of Finnish e-tailers are available though, luckily, which operate and ship from abroad.

Old
  (#44)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:16 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasGuido View Post
Try this fella. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkIqj34k3QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKrjuOSDxs

Last edited by Scorch666; 01-16-2017 at 11:38.

Old
  (#45)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:23 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

Quote:
Yea all liquids can be used with any device.
Not strickley true.

Some liquids have higher VG like 70vg/30pg. They are used for sub ohm tanks/ coils. And you can't use them for above ohm coils.

Old
  (#46)
Scorch666
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 11:29 | posts: 2,753 | Location: M.K. England.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into it!

Actually there aren't local vape shops here. Well, dunno maybe some in Southern Finland but you can't buy nicotine liquids in Finland atm.

The liquid nicotine is considered a medicine and as such cannot be sold in retail.

Plenty of Finnish e-tailers are available though, luckily, which operate and ship from abroad.
Not sure if they'll ship to you. But I think you can talk to them via live chat. Should help with any questions.

You could also join some facebook groups as well.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/

Last edited by Scorch666; 01-16-2017 at 11:32.

Old
  (#47)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GT 840M
Processor: I5 4210M 3.2GHz
Mainboard: -
Memory: DD3L 8G
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster
PSU: -
Default 01-16-2017, 12:41 | posts: 4,876

I've stopped smoking for over two years now and I couldn't be happier. It's the little things like being able to smell things fully. Lower heart beat and better blood flow. Basically all the stuff you don't noticed when you first quit then wonder why you feel the same.

Old
  (#48)
AsiJu
Ancient Guru

Default 01-16-2017, 14:00 | posts: 3,512 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Not strickley true.

Some liquids have higher VG like 70vg/30pg. They are used for sub ohm tanks/ coils. And you can't use them for above ohm coils.
Ah ok, thanks! Wasn't aware there were such restrictions, all liquids I've seen thus far say "suitable for all vaping devices".

Quote:
Not sure if they'll ship to you. But I think you can talk to them via live chat. Should help with any questions.

You could also join some facebook groups as well.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/
Yeah chat/e-mail works and there's similar service available for the e-tailer I use (Finnvape) and surely others as well.

Actually I received a "membership" card for Vaper's Club Finland after ordering from Finnvape a couple of times

Old
  (#49)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX 470
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Mainboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Memory: Corsair DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Realtek....
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 01-16-2017, 14:20 | posts: 19,943 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyandcold View Post
The difference is a lot of people who smoke will go outside to do it, while most people who vape do it indoors. The only way to make vaping look good is to actually compare it to cigarettes.

http://www.discountvapers.com/risks/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...w-health-risks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...real-deal.html

I don't condone either of them.
Entertaining reading...... The only study that showed that vapor from an e-cig contains carcinogens, was funded by several large tobacco companies. The same ones that have tried to have every product intended to help smokers quit, banned from sale. In the study, which you can find in the New England Journal of Medicine, was improperly conducted, within the guidelines set forth by the tobacco companies, requiring e-cigs to be operated at unsafe power levels, using known toxic components. Those products are no longer being produced.

For any medical professional to even claim that the air we breath is safe, should lead one to question that "professional's" qualifications considering the number of carcinogens found in the air we breath.

For anyone to claim that any product inhaled into the body is safe, would be negligent. Even nasal sprays that are commonly recommended to alleviate nasal congestion aren't safe to use. To reference any study done within the US on any product, whether it be for vaping, food or medical use, is ignorance at it's best. The FDA declared saccharine to be safe....yet, it's been linked to numerous diseases, even in quantities deemed safe by the FDA. When metabolized, saccharine becomes toxic to the human body. The FDA has also relaxed testing requirements for drugs recently.... The FDA is a joke and a poor source of any information. Much like the rest of the US Gov't, they want to regulate as much of our lives as they can, even resorting to scare tactics to convince people that FDA regulation is a good thing.

Old
  (#50)
AndreasGuido
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Core i7 6700k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: Asus Z170-A
Memory: Corsair 8GB DDR4-3000
Soundcard: Integrated 5.1
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W
Default 01-16-2017, 14:34 | posts: 4,841 | Location: Riga, LV/Bristol, UK

There is a big vape shop right by my flat so ill pop in over the weekend so i can check them out and pick a nice flavour