Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum
Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum This forum is intended for generic questions and discussion of the RivaTuner Utility. In this section the users help each other out with answers.

Old
  (#101)
bobmitch
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 ICX
Processor: i7 5820K
Mainboard: EVGA X99 FTW K
Memory: 32 GB GSKill DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
PSU: Corsair Modular HX850i
Default 02-17-2009, 07:30 | posts: 338 | Location: Dallas Texas Area

Yes, low level fan control. Set up each level...40/50/60/70 fan speeds. Then set up launcher with each fan profile. Then launch each level speed as item based on hardware monitoring threshold...40 at temp downward, 50/60/and 70 each increasing fan speed incrementally. Rivatuner 2.22 works perfectly. Then I installed 2.23 and as usual, it imported the settings from 2.22 and the fan control no longer worked

Thanks

Bob

Old
  (#102)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 09:07 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Hardware monitoring based scheduled tasks are broken in this realease, this causes your issues. 2.24 fixing the issue will be lauched in the end of week.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#103)
KTT

Videocard: Palit 9800GT
Processor: 4200 x2
Mainboard: A8N-E / Asus
Memory: DDR 3200 / 2x1GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Foxconn 400W
Default 02-17-2009, 12:34 | posts: 6 | Location: Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
Owners of non-reference design boards like Palit 9800GT are out of luck since this version, sorry. Since this version default RT will always default to alternate G92 PWM controller used on reference design 9800GTX boards.
Non-standard controller usage can be forced by adding your display adapter entry to [FANPWM] section of RivaTuner.cfg and setting controller type to 4.

Changing [FANPWM] section from PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 01h to PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h or add PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_040?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h is not working for me.
Other suggestions?

The other proplem is that the left mouse button is not working on some games like GTA San Andreas when RTSS is started. Turning off RTSS and everything is OK.

Thanks.

Last edited by KTT; 02-17-2009 at 12:55.

Old
  (#104)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 12:56 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTT View Post
Changing [FANPWM] section from PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 01h to PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h or add PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_040?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h is not working for me.
Other suggestions?
Suggestion is to think before doing any changes. What's the sense of doing such changes? Once again, you have to add entry for your hardware and your PCI DeviceID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTT View Post
The other proplem is that the left mouse button is not working on some games like GTA San Andreas when RTSS is starting. Turning off RTSS everithing is OK.
LMB is not anyway linked with RTSS. From these comments, I would seriously try to stay far from RT and use something more simple like EVGA Precision, this is a tool requiring understanding of the system.

Old
  (#105)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 14:29 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Guys, before releasing new version I'd still like to stress-test new sticky graphs GUI and collect as many possible bugs and suggestions as possible. I'm still stress-testing it myself and just forund GUI related bug, opening any sticky graph properties and changing fixed graph settings causes the graphs to be rendered improperly till monitoring module restart. Such reports are really welcome and wanted, I'd like to polish new GUI in 2.24 too,

Old
  (#106)
bobmitch
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 ICX
Processor: i7 5820K
Mainboard: EVGA X99 FTW K
Memory: 32 GB GSKill DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
PSU: Corsair Modular HX850i
Default 02-17-2009, 15:01 | posts: 338 | Location: Dallas Texas Area

Thanks for the info. 2.22 is doing it's job. Waiting for 2.24 is most welcome...

Unwinder....your effort is more appreciated than you know...

Bob

Old
  (#107)
burebista
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
Processor: i5-2500K Ninja 3 fanless
Mainboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4
Memory: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
Soundcard: Xonar D1
PSU: Antec Signature 650
Default 02-17-2009, 15:31 | posts: 1,693 | Location: Romania

About that <Continue> button not working proper in Vista64. With your last beta looks OK.

Click <Continue>->browser window appears.

Select exe then a warning pops up

Click Yes ignoring your warning = same error

All log

I guess is doesn't work because different versions of exe.
Anyway, good news is that OS browser window pops up.

Old
  (#108)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 15:35 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
About that <Continue> button not working proper in Vista64. With your last beta looks OK.
Thanks for reporting. It is normal that you cannot install it and your guess is absolutely correct, the fix is already applied to your 2.24 build so the script cannot located 2.23's broken code inside the executable.

Old
  (#109)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 16:52 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss7556 View Post
The D3DOverrider doesn't launch no matter how many times I click it, I check on the task manager and it appears to be running, but I don't see it anywhere not even on the taskbar.
Does closing the process and restarting it help?

Old
  (#110)
dunnno

Videocard: Geforce GTX 260 core-216
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-GD65
Memory: G.Sill DDR3-1600 2x4GB
Soundcard: Realtek ALC892
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 660w
Default 02-17-2009, 17:32 | posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss7556 View Post
The D3DOverrider doesn't launch no matter how many times I click it, I check on the task manager and it appears to be running, but I don't see it anywhere not even on the taskbar.
This was happening to me also on install of 2.23. The process would show up on the process list but with no actual window associated with it. But after the next reboot, D3DOverrider worked properly.

Old
  (#111)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 17:38 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Yep, issue has just been reproduced here. There is a bug in startup daemon routine (i.e. routine starting the tool at Windows startup), causing new D3DOverrider to be started without displaying tray icon in if previous version was configured to be started with Windows and it was not removed completely before starting new one. 2.24 will address that too. In meanwhile, the fix is:

1) Manually closing the process in task manager
2) Re-starting it via start menu
3) Re-enabling "Start with windows"

Old
  (#112)
KTT

Videocard: Palit 9800GT
Processor: 4200 x2
Mainboard: A8N-E / Asus
Memory: DDR 3200 / 2x1GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Foxconn 400W
Default 02-17-2009, 19:00 | posts: 6 | Location: Bulgaria

Quote:
Suggestion is to think before doing any changes. What's the sense of doing such changes? Once again, you have to add entry for your hardware and your PCI DeviceID.

Thanks. It is working now.

LMB is not anyway linked with RTSS. From these comments, I would seriously try to stay far from RT and use something more simple like EVGA Precision, this is a tool requiring understanding of the system.
I understand this, but it is fact.

Old
  (#113)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 19:22 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

There are more simple tools for beginners. It is a fact too.

Old
  (#114)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 19:47 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Tried to add some small but useful new features to 2.24 besides the fixes. Currently changes list contains the following:

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed bug in hardware monitoring module causing hardware monitoring based scheduled tasks to be ignored due to improper initialization on RivaTuner startup.
- Fixed erroneous 100MHz memory clock reading on G9x GPU series based display adapters caused by bug in memory clock frequency generator source clock detection code.
- File system redirection is no longer disabled when executing a patch script under 64-bit OS to prevent the issues with missing file system browser dialog when pressing the "Continue" button.
- Heights of sticky graphs in the group are now updated properly when manually editing fixed graph height settings in the properties of any graph of the group.
- Fixed bug into startup daemon routine of RivaTunerStatisticsServer and D3DOverrider utilities causing these tools to be started and reside in memory without displaying tray icon under certain conditions.

What's new:

- Updated PCI DeviceID database for ATI display adapters.
- Improved Logitech G15 keyboard LCD support in hardware monitoring module:
- RivaTuner no longer maps OSD text to Logitech keyboard LCD, now there is separate "Show in LCD" option in the data source properties window allowing you to define independent output configurations for OSD and LCD. Previously available power user orientedMapOSDToLCD regitry entry is no longer in use.
- Previously available power user oriented LCD font size adjustment option is now also available in the data source properties.
- New dynamic LCD re-connection mode ensures proper LCD output when LCD software is being restarted dynamically.
- Added heuristic on-die fan PWM controller detection for G92 based display adapters to provide proper low-level fan control and reference fan duty cycle monitoring for both reference desing and alternate display adapters using the fan connected to alternate on-die PWM controller (e.g. Palit GeForce 9800GT series).
- Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v3.1.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.
- Updated D3DOverrider v2.0.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.

Old
  (#115)
BigBoss7556

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-17-2009, 20:14 | posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnno View Post
This was happening to me also on install of 2.23. The process would show up on the process list but with no actual window associated with it. But after the next reboot, D3DOverrider worked properly.
This happened too, it's working now after reboot.

Old
  (#116)
alzatan

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-18-2009, 15:57 | posts: 1

Quote:
Tried to add some small but useful new features to 2.24 besides the fixes. Currently changes list contains the following:

cut
But RT 2.24 is currently available or not??

Old
  (#117)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-18-2009, 16:12 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

No, it is not. And you can easily answer the question yourself by checking the main page of Guru 3D.

Old
  (#118)
ghart999

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-20-2009, 05:56 | posts: 4

Is there a link to DL v 2.22? I did a new install of 2.23 and I cannot save fan profiles at all. But I had no problem when using 2.22.

Thanks.

Old
  (#119)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-20-2009, 10:40 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghart999 View Post
Is there a link to DL v 2.22? I did a new install of 2.23 and I cannot save fan profiles at all. But I had no problem when using 2.22.

Thanks.
2.22 won't be able to help you, sorry. There are no changes in fan profiles saving area between 2.22 and 2.23, and I've just ensured that 2.23 fan profiles creation works fine. Search for error on your side.

All

Just wanted to let you know that 2.24 won't be released this week. Unfortunatly I've got some infection so I'm spending the time in the bed now. Hope to self restore and launch new version on the next week, sorry for delay.

Old
  (#120)
cowie
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX
Processor: 2600k
Mainboard: gigabyte p67 UD7
Memory: 2x4g 1600 ddr3
Soundcard:
PSU: pcp&c 1200 watt
Default 02-20-2009, 10:54 | posts: 12,781 | Location: new jersey

i hope you get better soon

Old
  (#121)
Sleepwalker

Videocard: Palit 9800gt
Processor: e6550
Mainboard: Abit IP35-PRO
Memory: Teamgroup Xtreem Dark 4gb
Soundcard: Hercules Game Theater XP
PSU: LC6550GP V2.0
Default 02-20-2009, 11:06 | posts: 14 | Location: Slovenia

Get well soon, your work is greatly appreciated!

Old
  (#122)
Russ_64

Videocard: HD4890 & HD4870 not CF
Processor: Phenom II X4 940
Mainboard: DFI DK 790FXB-M2RSH
Memory: 4Gb OCZ RPR PC2-8500
Soundcard: Realtek HD
PSU: PC P&C Silencer 750w
Default 02-20-2009, 15:53 | posts: 23 | Location: London, UK

Thanks for a great app

Last edited by Russ_64; 02-25-2009 at 09:42.

Old
  (#123)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 02-26-2009, 07:02 | posts: 12,922 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Version 2.24 is planned to be released today, within a few hours. Final changes list includes:

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed bug in hardware monitoring module causing hardware monitoring based scheduled tasks to be ignored due to improper initialization on RivaTuner startup.
- Fixed erroneous 100MHz memory clock reading on G9x GPU series based display adapters caused by bug in memory clock frequency generator source clock detection code.
- File system redirection is no longer disabled when executing a patch script under 64-bit OS to prevent the issues with missing file system browser dialog when pressing the "Continue" button.
- Heights of sticky graphs in the group are now updated properly when manually editing fixed graph height settings in the properties of any graph of the group.
- Fixed bug into startup daemon routine of RivaTunerStatisticsServer and D3DOverrider utilities causing these tools to be started and reside in memory without displaying tray icon under certain conditions.

What's new:

- Added database for ForceWare 182.06.
- Added Catalyst 9.2 drivers family detection.
- Updated PCI DeviceID database for ATI display adapters.
- Improved Logitech G15 keyboard LCD support in hardware monitoring module:
- RivaTuner no longer maps OSD text to Logitech keyboard LCD, now there is separate "Show in LCD" option in the data source properties window allowing you to define independent output configurations for OSD and LCD. Previously available power user oriented MapOSDToLCD regitry entry is no longer in use.
Previously available power user oriented LCD font size adjustment option is now also available in the data source properties.
- New dynamic LCD re-connection mode ensures proper LCD output when LCD software is being restarted dynamically.
- Added heuristic on-die fan PWM controller detection for G92 based display adapters to provide proper low-level fan control and reference fan duty cycle monitoring for both reference desing and alternate display adapters using the fan connected to alternate on-die PWM controller (e.g. Palit GeForce 9800GT series).
- Improved detection algorithms for core and memory clock frequency generators switching to PCIE bus clock on NV40 and newer NVIDIA graphics processors. The algorithms are still experimental, so both core and memory clock frequency generator bypassing detection can be forcibly disabled via EnableNVPLLBypassingDetection and EnableMPLLBypassingDetection registry entries.
- Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v3.1.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.
- Updated D3DOverrider v2.0.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.

Stay tuned!

Old
  (#124)
zomb69
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
Processor: i7920/ultra120xtrem
Mainboard: gigabyte EX58-UD5
Memory: 6GB DOMINATOR GT DDR3
Soundcard: XtremeGmer/sennheisser
PSU: corsair 850watt
Default 02-26-2009, 07:30 | posts: 792 | Location: cyberspace.brisbane.au

yet again i must say thanx unwinder for the awesome g15 support,, i love being able to see temps etc while playing a game so i can hit hotkey fan settings, im still yet to work out the auto fan stuff.
im gettin a g19 when they come out here and will be eager to see how RT goes on that

thanx again for makin such a good app

btw this update is great im able to make the fonts larger and more legible, thankyou

p.s. if you ever need another tester with these specs then im always home. email is zomb699@gmail.com

Last edited by zomb69; 02-27-2009 at 00:34.

Old
  (#125)
Grendel_66
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Processor: Intel i7-3930K
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage IV Gene
Memory: 4x4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Zx
PSU: Seasonic X650
Default 02-27-2009, 00:04 | posts: 794 | Location: OR, US

Thanks !! Much appreciated.