Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Old
  (#26)
viren
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 960
Processor: I5 4690K
Mainboard: Z87
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: 7.1 PCI-E
PSU: 800W
Default 03-20-2017, 19:51 | posts: 2,443 | Location: PUNE

Civic is even better than city but as you mentioned its hard to find one though with less mileage...just hold on and try...you will definitely find one...it took me 3 months to find my Honda city...keep an eye out...

Old
  (#27)
nz3777
Maha Guru

Videocard: Gtx 980 Strix @ 1500Mhz
Processor: Fx 8320 E @ 4.2 Ghz
Mainboard: Asus M5A78L-M
Memory: 8gb 1600mhz/Ballistic
Soundcard: SoundBlaster Recon 3d
PSU: Corsair Hx 850
Default 03-21-2017, 04:20 | posts: 1,624 | Location: Willowbrook ill.

I think you might actually have a better chance to score a (JDM) type-r seeing that you are in europe,Over here in the states they are very rare to come by unless you dont mind doing the conversion yourself.

I was going to do a Civic Hatch type- r all jdm body pannels, Motor, turbo the whole shabang but I got a little bored with it and just sold it.

Just curious howcome you are not considering a vw they have some really nice models or even a Audi? My favirot have always been Japanese, Germen cars.

Lmao @ airbud's Pic! awsome dude I was just gonna say.

Old
  (#28)
vanhelsing

Videocard: GTX 107
Processor: Intel core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: AXi
Default 05-09-2017, 16:08 | posts: 16

take the new civic, you won't regret

Old
  (#29)
XP-200
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX 970 Strix
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40ghz
Mainboard: Asus Z87-K
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333
Soundcard: VIA HD Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600w+80
Default 05-09-2017, 16:59 | posts: 3,752 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE View Post
No offense, but that's just your opinion. I would never buy a car based purely on how easily it gets me from point A to point B. I want something fun.

One thing you won't get from driving on the disgrace that are the roads of the UK, is fun....USA has all those big massive highways that lead you into the vastness that is America, UK has roads that will lead to some nice tire and wheel damages as your majestically glide from pothole to pothole, while you sit in never ending roadworks that never seem to fix anytthing, burning through costly petrol as you wonder when that group of neds decided to scratch your car durng the night, and why your car insurance now goes up instead of down, no matter you have 20 years clean driving.

Uk is not a place you buy a nice fancy car and expect it to remain that way, cheap and cheerful is the way to go, i would never soil a nice car with the roads of ther UK.

Old
  (#30)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 05-10-2017, 21:17 | posts: 3,103

Quote:
One thing you won't get from driving on the disgrace that are the roads of the UK, is fun
You're driving on the wrong roads then, I took a trip over to Kirkcaldy yesterday and was having an utter blast stretching the Cupra's legs on A and B roads on my way back to Glasgow after I had finished my meeting. I agree some of the roads are in a shocking state and yup if I had taken the most DIRECT route I would have spent more time in the typical M8, M74 roadwork crawlfest but half the fun of driving round here is finding those backroads.

Old
  (#31)
Stormyandcold
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Processor: i7 6700k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200mhz
Soundcard: RME Babyface/Shure SRH840
PSU: Silverstone Strider 700w
Default 05-10-2017, 23:04 | posts: 4,685 | Location: Wolverhampton, UK

I drive a 7 seater 04 reg Toyota Corrola Verso VVTi 1.8L, bought it for 3800 end of 2012 at auction with only 55,000miles on the clock, was owned by disabled driver. Very clean and reliable (though, I have read of some users having problems). The only thing I've had go is my starter motor last summer and the radio/cd player 2yrs ago (not paying 600 to replace). Bit of a petrol guzzler, though if you do short school runs like I do. If you want fuel efficiency, then, try and get something as recent as possible. All adds up over the years.

Old
  (#32)
IcE
Don Snow

Videocard: Gigabyte 970 G1
Processor: Intel i7 4790K
Mainboard: Maximus VII Hero
Memory: 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400
Soundcard: Aune T1 + CAL
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Default 05-11-2017, 00:39 | posts: 10,627 | Location: Toledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP-200 View Post
One thing you won't get from driving on the disgrace that are the roads of the UK, is fun....USA has all those big massive highways that lead you into the vastness that is America, UK has roads that will lead to some nice tire and wheel damages as your majestically glide from pothole to pothole, while you sit in never ending roadworks that never seem to fix anytthing, burning through costly petrol as you wonder when that group of neds decided to scratch your car durng the night, and why your car insurance now goes up instead of down, no matter you have 20 years clean driving.

Uk is not a place you buy a nice fancy car and expect it to remain that way, cheap and cheerful is the way to go, i would never soil a nice car with the roads of ther UK.
This is one case where the grass isn't really greener across the pond...lol. We have some truly terrible roads of our own. With that said, there are some excellent roads in some parts of the country. Depends on how well funded the state and city that you live in are. Ohio has a fantastic highway network, but our local roads are poo. Southern Ohio though has FANTASTIC, curvy roads that are a joy to run. Tennessee is similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laughing Ma View Post
You're driving on the wrong roads then, I took a trip over to Kirkcaldy yesterday and was having an utter blast stretching the Cupra's legs on A and B roads on my way back to Glasgow after I had finished my meeting. I agree some of the roads are in a shocking state and yup if I had taken the most DIRECT route I would have spent more time in the typical M8, M74 roadwork crawlfest but half the fun of driving round here is finding those backroads.
Yeah, I heard Scotland has some fantastic roads and fantastic views. I'd love to take my Abarth over there haha

Old
  (#33)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 05-11-2017, 17:42 | posts: 2,210 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE View Post
No offense, but that's just your opinion. I would never buy a car based purely on how easily it gets me from point A to point B. I want something fun.
"Fun" is subjective, no?

You want something "fun" to drive? How about something which is bright pink and used to be used by clowns? Sounds fun to me...

And I am sorry, but a car is a method of transport, and all it does is get you from point A to point B.

Got rid of mine nearly 13 years ago, and have never ever looked back - I'd rather let someone else drive me around instead of me worrying about every insignificant tool on the road thinking they are a racing car driver, when they are not and never will be.

Do I think cars are 'cool'? Yes I do, I think they are really cool - but do I want to drive one on the roads, or through the mountains? No.

I long for the days when cars are driverless and fully electric, and I hope it happens in my lifetime, I really do.

Old
  (#34)
anticupidon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
Processor: i5 6600K / Liqmax II 240
Mainboard: Maximus Extreme VIII
Memory: 16 GB GSkill Z DDR4 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX
PSU: EVGA 750 W G2
Default 05-11-2017, 17:55 | posts: 2,871 | Location: far,far from home

bit of update.
Guys, i really don't want to be an "askhole", asking for suggestions and doing the opposite.Just being honest here, i looked around for a decent Civic or Corolla, but none met my criteria, what i found my mechanic didn't approved.Found some hidden flaws and cars were polished to sell, but with expensive faults hidden by the owners.

Looks like here in EU Civics and Corollas are a bit on the strange side, owners who are happy to own them won't sell, and who want to sell have problems.

Well, tired to be convinced buying a cat for a rabbit, i went to Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and asked the prices for a new car.Well, after a cold shower and running some numbers, the only brand i can stretch my budget and my purchase ability is Nissan.New Toyota and Honda are out of my league.

Option1 : wait and keep looking for a car who meets my criteria
option 2 : bite the bullet and buy a new car
option 3 : change criteria and run some searches

Old
  (#35)
IcE
Don Snow

Videocard: Gigabyte 970 G1
Processor: Intel i7 4790K
Mainboard: Maximus VII Hero
Memory: 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400
Soundcard: Aune T1 + CAL
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Default 05-12-2017, 09:45 | posts: 10,627 | Location: Toledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
"Fun" is subjective, no?

You want something "fun" to drive? How about something which is bright pink and used to be used by clowns? Sounds fun to me...

And I am sorry, but a car is a method of transport, and all it does is get you from point A to point B.

Got rid of mine nearly 13 years ago, and have never ever looked back - I'd rather let someone else drive me around instead of me worrying about every insignificant tool on the road thinking they are a racing car driver, when they are not and never will be.

Do I think cars are 'cool'? Yes I do, I think they are really cool - but do I want to drive one on the roads, or through the mountains? No.

I long for the days when cars are driverless and fully electric, and I hope it happens in my lifetime, I really do.
That's great, lol. I'm happy for you. Really, I am. But I'll gladly spend thousands on vehicles and the fuel to make them spit fire and give me hard adrenaline shots on twisty roads at night. There's something about having the privilege of guiding a missile of relatively advanced technology at speeds no man was designed to go that just gets my goat. Hard to explain to someone who couldn't care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticupidon View Post
bit of update.
Guys, i really don't want to be an "askhole", asking for suggestions and doing the opposite.Just being honest here, i looked around for a decent Civic or Corolla, but none met my criteria, what i found my mechanic didn't approved.Found some hidden flaws and cars were polished to sell, but with expensive faults hidden by the owners.

Looks like here in EU Civics and Corollas are a bit on the strange side, owners who are happy to own them won't sell, and who want to sell have problems.

Well, tired to be convinced buying a cat for a rabbit, i went to Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and asked the prices for a new car.Well, after a cold shower and running some numbers, the only brand i can stretch my budget and my purchase ability is Nissan.New Toyota and Honda are out of my league.

Option1 : wait and keep looking for a car who meets my criteria
option 2 : bite the bullet and buy a new car
option 3 : change criteria and run some searches
Have you considered the standard Euro brands? They're honestly about on par with Nissan when it comes to base models. The Hyundai stuff isn't bad either, as long as it's not the 2.0 or 2.4L engine