Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications 
Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications  Want to overclock that processor, videocard or even mainboard ? Wanna tweak the best out of your piece of hardware or have the means to design a killer case ? Get in here and pimp that rig man.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1251)
ddelamare
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
Processor: AMD Ryzen x1800
Mainboard: Asus Prime x370-PRO
Memory: G.Skill F4-3466C16D-16GTZ
Soundcard: Logitech 2.1 THX
PSU: OCZ ZX 1000W '80-Plus'
Default 03-18-2017, 17:11 | posts: 212 | Location: Rabbit

Here are some snaps from my new semi-finished Ryzen x1800 build. Just a few small tweaks left but for the most part she is up and running! 3


   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#1252)
ElementalDragon
Ancient Guru
 
ElementalDragon's Avatar
 
Videocard: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC
Processor: Core i5 4670K
Mainboard: Asus Z87I-Deluxe
Memory: 16GB G.Skill RipJawsX
Soundcard: on-board
PSU: Seasonic 650W
Default 03-19-2017, 02:38 | posts: 9,279 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Wish i could afford to upgrade again.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1253)
W@w@Y
Ancient Guru
 
W@w@Y's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus Strix 1080 Advanced
Processor: 5820k@stock
Mainboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1
Memory: 16Gb Gskill DDR4 2400
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: Seasonic X Series 750W
Default 03-19-2017, 08:17 | posts: 8,016 | Location: Singapore



I just cant take nice photos..camphone shot
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1254)
signex
Ancient Guru
 
signex's Avatar
 
Videocard: ASUS GTX 780Ti 3GB Matrix
Processor: AMD Ryzen 1300X@3,9GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB
Soundcard: Realtek ALC1220+Z-340 2.1
PSU: EVGA 500W
Default 03-19-2017, 16:56 | posts: 8,169 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalDragon View Post
Wish i could afford to upgrade again.
You're fine with that CPU for many years to come, just get a new video card when you can afford it.

I'm not rushing anymore with upgrading.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#1255)
Gripen90
Maha Guru
 
Gripen90's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2xGTX1080Ti@1616/1468MHz
Processor: Intel Ci7 5820K@4.1GHz
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Ed.
Memory: 32GB Savage 2666MHz
Soundcard: RealtekHD + Logitech X530
PSU: Tt Toughpower 1500w
Default 03-20-2017, 14:55 | posts: 829 | Location: Denmark


   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1256)
YuKsS
Maha Guru
 
YuKsS's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
Processor: i7 3960x @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard: EVGA x79 ftw
Memory: Corsair 16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Soundcard: Sounblaster xfi titanium
PSU: HX 850W
Default 03-31-2017, 17:36 | posts: 1,418 | Location: Boca raton, Fl

edit...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1257)
vf
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: AMD Radeon
Processor: 3 Intel/ 2 AMD
Mainboard: PS4 1200c
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi/SS Siberia 840
PSU: 165W
Default 04-15-2017, 01:51 | posts: 1,508 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelamare View Post
Here are some snaps from my new semi-finished Ryzen x1800 build. Just a few small tweaks left but for the most part she is up and running! 3

Damn! The size of that card.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1258)
Odellot
Master Guru
 
Odellot's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080TI SLI PG348Q
Processor: i7 6950x @4.4ghz - H240-X
Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix X99
Memory: GSkill RGB - 3200/32GB
Soundcard: Phoebus - M50w / ATH900X
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1200w
Default 04-18-2017, 01:53 | posts: 661 | Location: Philippines

Little Upgrade..

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1259)
lexer98
Master Guru
 
lexer98's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1070 - WC
Processor: 4790k@4.5Ghz - WC
Mainboard: ASUS Z97-A
Memory: Corsair 16Gb - 2400mhz
Soundcard: Native Instrument Audio 2
PSU: Seasonic M12 750W
Default 04-18-2017, 02:48 | posts: 667 | Location: Argentina

@Odellot That case is massive !!

Sorry for the photo quality i only have my crappy phone camera
The setup is the same but i switched from soft tubing to PETG and change my monitor to a ultra wide 29


   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1260)
darrenj
Maha Guru
 
darrenj's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GTX1080 JS
Processor: i7 6700k@4.3 load
Mainboard: MSI Mortar Z170M
Memory: Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Soundcard: Realtek?
PSU: CM V850 W
Default 04-29-2017, 14:55 | posts: 1,550 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden


First ever full system watercooler
Some cable management needed. The Palit 1080 cooler is MASSIVE. Giving me a headache with the pump/reservoir
Looking to upgrade from my Bitfenix Recon to a fan controller hub.. Any good ideas?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1261)
Odellot
Master Guru
 
Odellot's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080TI SLI PG348Q
Processor: i7 6950x @4.4ghz - H240-X
Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix X99
Memory: GSkill RGB - 3200/32GB
Soundcard: Phoebus - M50w / ATH900X
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1200w
Default 05-01-2017, 13:43 | posts: 661 | Location: Philippines

My Rig in my Dark Room..



   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1262)
jura11
Maha Guru
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
Processor: i7-5960X 4.3GHz EKWB
Mainboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 6
Memory: 6x16GB DDR4 2133MHz LPX
Soundcard: AVID Mbox 2
PSU: Seasonic X1250W
Default 05-03-2017, 09:30 | posts: 1,319 | Location: London

Here are few pictures of re-finished loop,added EVGA GTX1080Ti and extra 120mm 30mm thick radiator to loop







Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1263)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru
 
Extraordinary's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX980 SLI
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 05-03-2017, 09:36 | posts: 17,750 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Very nice ^^

The only thing I can think that could improve the look, but I imagine would be fairly difficult but worth it IMO, would be getting those GPU cables perfectly straight, they draw the eyes to them straight away, and the 24 pin looks slightly twisted too

Not that I can talk with my dusty-ass machine
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1264)
jura11
Maha Guru
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
Processor: i7-5960X 4.3GHz EKWB
Mainboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 6
Memory: 6x16GB DDR4 2133MHz LPX
Soundcard: AVID Mbox 2
PSU: Seasonic X1250W
Default 05-03-2017, 14:25 | posts: 1,319 | Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
Very nice ^^

The only thing I can think that could improve the look, but I imagine would be fairly difficult but worth it IMO, would be getting those GPU cables perfectly straight, they draw the eyes to them straight away, and the 24 pin looks slightly twisted too

Not that I can talk with my dusty-ass machine
Hi there

Thank you for your kind comment

I've got these combs and have few other individually sleeved cables for GPU with combs but with 3 GPU plus 240mm radiator and push pull fans is very hard to get cables there, trust me tried and failed miserable on this front

Previously have used Shakmods but they're bit thick and hard to pass them through the grommets if you are running more GPU, if you are running 1-2 its OK and for 24 pin is pain in arse there pass through

Thanks, Jura
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1265)
Extraordinary
Ancient Guru
 
Extraordinary's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX980 SLI
Processor: FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz / H100i
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 12GB 2133 G.Skill
Soundcard: Creative SB1040 7.1
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Default 05-03-2017, 15:27 | posts: 17,750 | Location: 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi there

Thank you for your kind comment

I've got these combs and have few other individually sleeved cables for GPU with combs but with 3 GPU plus 240mm radiator and push pull fans is very hard to get cables there, trust me tried and failed miserable on this front

Previously have used Shakmods but they're bit thick and hard to pass them through the grommets if you are running more GPU, if you are running 1-2 its OK and for 24 pin is pain in arse there pass through

Thanks, Jura
lol yea I thought it would be difficult, amazing build all the same though
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1266)
Solfaur
Ancient Guru
 
Solfaur's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
Processor: i7 5820K + Corsair H115i
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
Memory: HyperX Predator 16GB 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX + Z-5500
PSU: Corsair RM1000i
Default 05-04-2017, 14:56 | posts: 6,349 | Location: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Here are few pictures of re-finished loop,added EVGA GTX1080Ti and extra 120mm 30mm thick radiator to loop
Figured I'd post some pics of my rig too, now with a 1080 Ti in it. As you can see, I'm all over the white/black/red theme. The interior of the case is an ancient CM Storm Trooper, but with CM Storm Stryker panels on the outside which I bought last year. I really like the oldschool-SW style of it.

Cables could be a bit better, but then again there's only so much I can do, considering the number of HDDs/SSDs that I have, not to mention how super tight fit the H115i was.







   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1267)
jura11
Maha Guru
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
Processor: i7-5960X 4.3GHz EKWB
Mainboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 6
Memory: 6x16GB DDR4 2133MHz LPX
Soundcard: AVID Mbox 2
PSU: Seasonic X1250W
Default 05-04-2017, 16:18 | posts: 1,319 | Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfaur View Post
Figured I'd post some pics of my rig too, now with a 1080 Ti in it. As you can see, I'm all over the white/black/red theme. The interior of the case is an ancient CM Storm Trooper, but with CM Storm Stryker panels on the outside which I bought last year. I really like the oldschool-SW style of it.

Cables could be a bit better, but then again there's only so much I can do, considering the number of HDDs/SSDs that I have, not to mention how super tight fit the H115i was.

 Click to show spoiler



 Click to show spoiler



 Click to show spoiler



 Click to show spoiler

Hi there

Looks good
I have owned in past same case but CM Storm Trooper in black, has been nice case but I give it to my friend because has been too small or smaller for my needs, that time have run Z97 with i7-4790k

In Enthoo Primo I've 7* 3.5" HDD, 3*SSD and its pain to have nice cable management in back of the case plus running 3 GPU etc

Did you tried route cables behind the motherboard or through the grommets and turn the HDD cages as I know you can turn the HDD cages and these cables will be not very visible

I'm pretty sure I've still old pictures of my previous build and how is been done, but mainly due this I went with Enthoo Primo as this case is big and routing cables and wires is easier and plus have better airflow

Black and red scheme this I've previously in my Enthoo Primo as well but my current extensions are very thick cables and route them in case is simply not possible

But still looks good there and what is counts you are happy

Just wish Enthoo Elite is cheaper

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Last edited by jura11; 05-04-2017 at 16:23.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1268)
Solfaur
Ancient Guru
 
Solfaur's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
Processor: i7 5820K + Corsair H115i
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
Memory: HyperX Predator 16GB 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX + Z-5500
PSU: Corsair RM1000i
Default 05-04-2017, 16:59 | posts: 6,349 | Location: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi there

Looks good
I have owned in past same case but CM Storm Trooper in black, has been nice case but I give it to my friend because has been too small or smaller for my needs, that time have run Z97 with i7-4790k

In Enthoo Primo I've 7* 3.5" HDD, 3*SSD and its pain to have nice cable management in back of the case plus running 3 GPU etc

Did you tried route cables behind the motherboard or through the grommets and turn the HDD cages as I know you can turn the HDD cages and these cables will be not very visible

I'm pretty sure I've still old pictures of my previous build and how is been done, but mainly due this I went with Enthoo Primo as this case is big and routing cables and wires is easier and plus have better airflow

Black and red scheme this I've previously in my Enthoo Primo as well but my current extensions are very thick cables and route them in case is simply not possible

But still looks good there and what is counts you are happy

Just wish Enthoo Elite is cheaper

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Yeah that is it's only downfall, despite the fact that the case itself is pretty BIG, on the inside it's rather limited. Especially since my current mobo is e-ATX it covers more than half of the grommets so it's VERY tight. It's the same reason why I reversed the optical drives cage, because I couldn't reroute the cables back there.

I'm pretty sure I will keep this setup for at least 1-2 more years, and might keep it as secondary rig after. My next case will definitely have to be more up to date, dimensions wise.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1269)
jura11
Maha Guru
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
Processor: i7-5960X 4.3GHz EKWB
Mainboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 6
Memory: 6x16GB DDR4 2133MHz LPX
Soundcard: AVID Mbox 2
PSU: Seasonic X1250W
Default 05-04-2017, 17:53 | posts: 1,319 | Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfaur View Post
Yeah that is it's only downfall, despite the fact that the case itself is pretty BIG, on the inside it's rather limited. Especially since my current mobo is e-ATX it covers more than half of the grommets so it's VERY tight. It's the same reason why I reversed the optical drives cage, because I couldn't reroute the cables back there.

I'm pretty sure I will keep this setup for at least 1-2 more years, and might keep it as secondary rig after. My next case will definitely have to be more up to date, dimensions wise.
Hi there

I forgot about you have e-ATX board and that case really is not the best for these boards, but still looks good there

I have used in this case E-ATX board as well Asus X58 and I remember have few issues there

If you will be going with new case, get Phanteks case, I can only recommend these cases there

My friend which have my case, he is very happy, we are modified his case a bit but still is very happy with the case

Me personally I'm looking at new case as well, just wish over here in EU I could get Caselabs case

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1270)
YuKsS
Maha Guru
 
YuKsS's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
Processor: i7 3960x @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard: EVGA x79 ftw
Memory: Corsair 16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Soundcard: Sounblaster xfi titanium
PSU: HX 850W
Default 05-05-2017, 14:57 | posts: 1,418 | Location: Boca raton, Fl

Hello, a lot of time since my last time here..




Last edited by YuKsS; 05-05-2017 at 15:02.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1271)
jura11
Maha Guru
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
Processor: i7-5960X 4.3GHz EKWB
Mainboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 6
Memory: 6x16GB DDR4 2133MHz LPX
Soundcard: AVID Mbox 2
PSU: Seasonic X1250W
Default 05-05-2017, 19:40 | posts: 1,319 | Location: London

This has been my older air cooler setup which has been awesome

 Click to show spoiler



Thanks, Jura
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1272)
R404a
Newbie
 
R404a's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2X HD 5850
Processor: AMD PhenomII 965BE
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory: 2X2Go Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: integred/Razer barracuda
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 05-07-2017, 21:15 | posts: 24 | Location: France

Hello friends,
After a few years without posting my config, I come back with my last baby.
The last time I came to show my job was:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=993
Since I had several editing always in amd:
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...711002544n.jpg
then Fx 8350, 8GGo corsair
R9 290X, asus raidr express
https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/7...0530124802.jpg
Then change of body (Thermaltake urban T81) and modification of the watercooling:
https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/2523211009306.jpg
And for some weeks:
Amd ryzen R7 1700X, asus crosshair VI hero
16 GB GSkill ripjaws 4, samsung 960 evo, and still the R9 290X while waiting for vega
Several albums to avoid the abuse of photos here:
My 1st watercooling in rigid monsoon, rads 360 EK PE after cg and rad xspc 240 after proc, pump aquacomputer aquastream ultimate (excellent), inside of the box (modified at the passage of the cables) covered with carbon.

Some photos of the preparation and editing,
Prepa: (the rad from the top has been changed compared to the photos because too thick (phobya360 G-Changer V2) and I wanted to replace the hood without the massacre)
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-304932.html

Tubbing:
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-306641.html

Filling:
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-306642.html

Used materials:
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-300053.html
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-304551.html

And while waiting that it is mounted I tested a little the gear and installed the old config in air to the air:
http://www.hostingpics.net/album/R404a-304630.html

And once finished, it gives ...



ps: I can not change the description of my configuration :s

Last edited by R404a; 08-15-2017 at 19:10.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1273)
ddelamare
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
Processor: AMD Ryzen x1800
Mainboard: Asus Prime x370-PRO
Memory: G.Skill F4-3466C16D-16GTZ
Soundcard: Logitech 2.1 THX
PSU: OCZ ZX 1000W '80-Plus'
Default 05-20-2017, 18:53 | posts: 212 | Location: Rabbit

So heres a small update on my new parts. Original build is at the top of this page.

 Click to show spoiler

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1274)
aKiss
Newbie
 
Videocard: Zotac 1070 GTX Mini
Processor: I7 7700K@4.9 GHZ
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
Memory: HyperX 16 GB@2400 MHZ
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic M550
Default 05-26-2017, 18:07 | posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash View Post
I've completed my new rig, FINALLY!


Stupid noob... here is how you build a PC!
(Don't worry new mods, i am quoting myself!)




(that is not the same freezer extreme, it is a new one, but i loved it so much, best price/performance ratio for a cooler)

I see killer rigs here (solfaur) ... wow you have come a long way, and that red and white theme on intel+nvidia... makes AMD fans cry
But really, i just need 1080p at 60 fps locked. These specs do the job, actually forcing games at 1080p@60fps saves heat because CPU+GPU are not 100% load. It is enough for me!

Last edited by aKiss; 05-26-2017 at 18:21.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1275)
darrenj
Maha Guru
 
darrenj's Avatar
 
Videocard: Palit GTX1080 JS
Processor: i7 6700k@4.3 load
Mainboard: MSI Mortar Z170M
Memory: Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Soundcard: Realtek?
PSU: CM V850 W
Default 07-01-2017, 12:39 | posts: 1,550 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Custom water cooling update with a waterblock for my Palit GTX1080 JetStream
Excuse the filters



   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.