Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section
The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section Home Theater PC Enthusiasts or want to talk in High-Definition ? This is Guru3Ds Premier Community of HD and HTPC.

Presentation on projector advice
Old
  (#1)
anticupidon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
Processor: i5 6600K / Liqmax II 240
Mainboard: Maximus Extreme VIII
Memory: 16 GB GSkill Z DDR4 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX
PSU: EVGA 750 W G2
Default Presentation on projector advice - 11-13-2016, 11:41 | posts: 2,882 | Location: far,far from home

Sorry folks if isn't the right section, mods can move the thread to the rightfully one.
I have to make a presentation for an event, in a theatre.They have their own projector, ableit a bit antiquated.There is no budget, i have to come by with whatever there is.The laptop has Win8.1/Win 10 and connects to the projector via VGA.
The main issues is: i will connect to that projector with a laptop who will give the video feed.But it is wanted to show only the pictures/movie/whatever, without seeing menus, cursor opening the media etc.Just the things i have to present , that's all.
More, there is no know pattern of what i have to show, because until the very moment of the presentation, some details can change, thus the order will be random.

What i did until now..added a second monitor to the laptop, put a neutral wallpaper, hid the taskbar, and played the media on the second monitor.Works, but i wanted more refinement.

Maybe it doesn't make any sense, just ask me and i will try to give as much details i can provide, just want to hear more opinions, or different approach for the issue.
Thanks in advance!

Old
  (#2)
drandiiski
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
Processor: Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Memory: 2x4Gb DDR3 @1646Mhz
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: CoolerMaster 500W eXtreme
Default 11-15-2016, 09:44 | posts: 1,113 | Location: Bulgaria

The simplest way I can think of, is to use the video mute function on the projector. It may be old, but surely has to have one. Muting it will just show just black screen and in the mean time you can open your presentation, make it full screen, hide all the menus and cursors and just be ready to un-mute the projector and hit the play button on the keyboard.

Old
  (#3)
EspHack
Maha Guru

Videocard: ATI/HD5770/1GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-980X
Mainboard: Intel DX58SO
Memory: DDR3/1600MHz/16GB/4 stick
Soundcard: ASUS XonarDX/Logitech G51
PSU: EPS Super Flower 750w
Default 11-16-2016, 20:29 | posts: 2,324 | Location: Dominican Republic

you mean a powerpoint presentation? it will automatically project to secondary screen in fullscreen, if you need to make changes on the fly just open another powerpoint, set the second screen to have no taskbar and a fitting background for when you switch between presentations, and don't move your mouse near the edges

Old
  (#4)
JordanMihailov

Videocard: Gtx 780
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k
Mainboard: Asrock Z97 Extreme 4
Memory: 16gb
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master V1000
Default 12-25-2016, 08:53 | posts: 32 | Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

EspHack gave you a good suggestion. I agree with that

Old
  (#5)
anticupidon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
Processor: i5 6600K / Liqmax II 240
Mainboard: Maximus Extreme VIII
Memory: 16 GB GSkill Z DDR4 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX
PSU: EVGA 750 W G2
Default 12-26-2016, 10:23 | posts: 2,882 | Location: far,far from home

Sorry to take so long to give some feedback.
In the end, i made a small script launching VLC.
Made all the modifications i needed from VLC extended menu.
Borderless, without OSD, no title of played media, and launching in the second monitor(Tools/Preferences/Advanced preferences/Output modules/Video/DirectX/\\display)
It worked, everyone was happy..