Razer's Customer Service is Disgusting

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Neo Cyrus, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Long story short Razer shipped out a package I ordered as $65 USD instead of CAD, so it got converted to $100 CAD (yeah that's not the real exchange rate) and I got hammered with import fees and taxes on that so I payed $24 in fees for a $65 order.

I wouldn't have actually payed it, I would have sent the package back and demanded a refund, but someone else answered the door and made the payment on my behalf. So when I contacted Razer and told them their mistake they told me to **** off and ignored the point that it was a mistake they made. I pointed out to them again that it was a mistake they made, they again ignored that and said they're not the ones who collect the fees, deal with it. They weren't willing to do anything such as tell the damn department responsible so they stop repeating that same mistake.

The thing is, it was during their promotion so thousands of people from Canada ordered that night, and all of them had this happen to them. I'm not letting this one slide. Not only have they lost a customer and in turn everyone I know and their dogs who all come to me for everything electronics related, but I'm going to file a complaint with anywhere which I can.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Lesson learned I hope. Don't ever buy anything from them clowns again.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try ringing British Telecom ... then you'll know about bad customer service

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I never had to deal with razer service, but logitech took forever to respond to messages. Took over a month just to do a simple RMA on my G402 mouse. The Longest I had ever spent on trying to RMA hardware.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    their hardware too!

6. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    what did you order just out of interest?

7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Razer is absolute SH!T. I've had to deal with them on behalf of the company I work for. NOT. FRIGN. FUNNY.

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Had one mouse from them (60€), broke in less than two years, I didn't even bother with their customer support because of stories like these. Sorry to hear, just don't give them any of your hard earned CAD anymore, like me.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Do you have a trading standard office you can contact over it, i have just had to do this with Seagate, i bought a new 5tb external four months ago, it failed, sent it back, they sent out a recertifed HDD(secondhand and repaired), and it looked Freddie Kruger had packed it into the box, they refuse anything else stating i had agreed to their T&C of a recertified HDD when i started a RMA request, which is they replace all returned HDD's, no matter even in warrenty, with a recertified HDD, which is basically a repaired second hand HDD, and it was not even the same model as the one i bought, and this final nail in the coffin, the warrnty for the recertified HDD was only a year, compared to the two i got with the original HDD.

Got onto my local trading standards office, got a email a few hours later, RMA set up for me to return this piece of crap for a new model of the original HDD i bought, UPS is picking it up on Monday, but i won't be touching Seagate again seeing as their warrenties is useless if all they are going to sent everybody is a recertified HDD as a replacement no matter the HDD, if i had wanted a secondhand HDD i would have bought one from Ebay or CEX for a lot less than i payed for the new one.

11. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    It's 0.72 Canadian to one American dollar, it's not that far off.

I don't know Canadian taxes but in California in my county I'd still pay 8.75 percent tax on top of it all

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I never had to deal with them in the past. I bought from them because of the sale and skyrocketing prices here (our currency crashed). I can't believe a company's customer service would be like that knowing full well that there's zero chance that customer would return. Nearly any other company are willing to swallow their pride knowing it pays off in the long run.
    In Canada it's a near monopoly as far as any service goes depending on your area. In my area specifically if I want high speed internet there's literally only 1 company as an option or resellers. So yes I have an idea of how bad it can be.

My internet has been barely functional all month, I've contacted them every week about it, someone came out and had a look then did nothing. I spoke to them again today and they say there's literally no way to even contact the department responsible, that all the notes of the issues I reported all month don't exist, and that the department in charge are "monitoring" the situation for a "few more days" before they decide if they will take any action. My internet literally goes down randomly and has 20-60% packet loss and I know for a fact it's because the line is physically damaged from the cold and the company doesn't want to spend the few $ to have the neighborhood lines fixed.

I can't switch to another company that can offer reasonable speeds, since the reasonable speed options are all just resellers of that same company's lines. I contacted the company which offer slow internet to switch to them but their prices are outrageous.
    A Deathadder Chroma mouse and a T-Shirt in order to make the order expensive enough to have "free" shipping. Because of the fact that it was a sale my friends just don't care that they got charged extra import fees due to Razer's mistake. If everyone was like them the world would be a lot more of a mess.
    Damn it...
    I contacted the shipping company and informed them of the mistake Razer made and they have to go through some bureau since they're the ones who collect the absurd import fees and taxes. Even if the order was actually $100, a $24 fee on that much is a joke, but it's the government, can't to anything about that.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Still wish someone would repeat those tests properly with a newer 4G DA though. I expect they optimized Synapse for the newer mice while nerfing those using the older tech which predates the Synapse release (3.0 and 3.5G sensors).

14. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I can make a new thread about taxes, you've got it easy

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    In case I wasn't clear this isn't at all about the money, it's a small enough amount that it's not worth any time. It's about sending a message, righting a wrong, and hopefully preventing others from having to go through the same BS in the future.

My friends all just see it as an extra fee they got charged, so they don't care and just ignore it. If everyone was like them the world would be a nightmare. I'm trying to make sure Razer stop screwing Canadian customers.
    Ontario is the tax capital of our country. Between income tax, sales tax, fun tax (yes that's a thing), environmental tax, mandatory fees of absurd amounts, etc we get left with very little of what we actually make.

A lot of things here which should be government controlled are privately owned. Very likely because of corrupt politics, politicians working with friends to make themselves richer. But there is little to no proof of these things usually and when they're set in place people just take it and say nothing. A good example is car insurance which is mandatory by law, but the government doesn't issue it, it's all private companies and depending on your area you could easily end up with $250/m minimum if you're a male in your 20s. I know a man who was in 2 minor car accidents within 7 years so the cheapest insurance he could get was $400/m. He was in his 40s and had no prior accidents.
    Well luckily for me this has a 4G sensor. The sensor was the reason I picked this mouse, it uses an Avago S3989 which is supposed to have zero acceleration. I'll look into it when I get the time.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It has a smoothing algorithm though which can cause upto 4 ms latency. 3366 from Logitech's G303 / G502 do not suffer from this, which why, combined with other aaspects, it's considered as the best sensor today.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That's ridiculous. The entire point of having a wired mouse is consistent and low latency. So much for that. So I guess now that I've programmed my mouse with the settings I want I'll just uninstall Razer Synapse... I'm assuming it has onboard storage keeping my profile, every "gaming mouse" in the last decade has had that.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Every mouse has this algorithm to some degree today.

Zowie, ASUS, EVGA, ...

It's why the more "OCD" mice users on that overclock net subforum consider the 3366 the holy grail that gets practically everything right:

• Very good latency
    • High malfunction speed (5 meter / second and up)
    • Consistent tracking (Variance, Accel, ...)

The patent agreement between Logitech / Pixart is most likely lifted at this point, so a public variant has become available (the 3360). I recon by mid or near the end of 2016 we'll see a lot of mice with similar performance.

The gimping of the older gen Razer mice is a bit annoying though, as without software, you're stuck at 1800 dpi, but they were the only sensors coming close to this particular performance, especially the old 3.0G DA without prediction.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That sounds very sucky - luckily our problem isn't with the net service, but with trying to set up a direct debit, we have set it up with BT 8 times now since Nov 2015, and 2-3 days after we set it up over the phone, we receive a letter from BT saying it's been cancelled, and we need to pay or be disconnected

Cont...

So we phone up and try to pay, they refuse, and want to set up another DD, which we do, and 2 days later, another letter saying it's been cancelled, rinse and repeat

They are blaming the bank, the bank hasn't even received any instructions or communication from BT about any DD, they haven't heard anything from BT at all, it never gets that far

This is now the 8th time we've done this in 2-3 months, and we're getting further and further into debt with them because they keep refusing manual payments and only want a DD set up - which their system keeps automatically cancelling, and they refuse to look into it because they say it's the bank doing it

We're going to the ombudsman / ofcom about it

And to make things worse, when you call them, you are transferred to India or somewhere, where they don't listen, care, or even access your account, lie to you or just hang up - and if you are lucky enough to get through to someone in this country, there is no footprint of the Indian call centre accessing the account, because they never even tried to access it, so we can't even complain about that advisor, because they don't know who took the call

The gf got 2 missed calls while she was at work from BT, their number, a message asking her to call them back - so she used that actual message to return the call (Didn't dial it manually, told the answerphone thing to call back that number) Which rang BT (India again) the girl on the other end said it was a spam call and to ignore it, the gf explained it could not possibly be a spam call, as she told the message to return the call to the person who left the message
    She then asked the call centre girl to tell her how much her DD was set for each month, which she couldn't do because she knew it would leave her info on the account, totally changing the subject, refusing to get her manager, and eventually just hung up on the gf

Once we got through to someone in this country, he could see immediately that she was called twice, who had called her, and why

Complete and utter p1ss take

BT - Bangladesh Telecom

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Probably most companies, only a handful who are customer orientated rather than £ orientated