Do people really fall for this?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Apr 17, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's a sad fact that most people are inherently dumb.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    But it's an email, that means it was written just for ME!

It's spam that people don't actually understand. I think the concept is lost on them.

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I used to go on yahoo chat alot back in 2000

most of the time I made true friends plus more.
    and then other times some people would be try to be friends with me and more if I ship electronics to their country and promise me 20%. :3eyes:

im still friends with some of the people to this day. except for the ones that keep trying to bribe me.

I got an email from people claiming they are illuminati and said I was choosen and I just need to send them my contact info.

I told them I already was a member and they better stop. and they still sent email back asking for contact information.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Best one I ever seen was one my friend received.

It was along the lines of a Nigerian astronaut being stuck on the Mir Space Station. the Nigerian government space program was out of funds and couldn't afford to bring him home. They were waiting for funding and if you could give them a donation via bank details when they got their funding they would give you a million pounds!

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I fell for one of these once, and now I'm just too rich, i need to off load some of my cash foer tax reasons, so if anyone wants to share some of the wealth, PM me you security details, and for a small admin fee we can work something out.....

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Me first !

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    PM sent...Wow, Thanks for the opportunity...when can I expect my first payment?...:D.............:p

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I remember on my old email, i've gotten A-LOT of tho's lol.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Even funnier is when a scammer gets scammed by his intended victim :

http://www.419eater.com/html/SkeletonCoast/safari2.html

11. meganlee

meganlee Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD 3000
    Usually these scam are obvious enough and I don't even open them to read them. I got an email the other day from a 'friend' asking how i've been, and at first I was like, 'oh some friend from the past?' but when I opened the email it was obviously not from some one I knew.

12. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    In 2006, when I was still a newbie in Internet, I did replied to an email like this. The sender then called me from Nigeria (3 am my time). He explained everything to me and asked if I can handle so much money or no.

When he asked me to contact a lawyer and there will be a lawyer fee (he said around $500), I got suspicious and never respond to him anymore. He sounded very serious, and because he called me in person I almost belief him.

13. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Oh god!
    That's just too funny.:giggle2:

The thing I don't understand is, why you guys keep getting so many of this crap. I've never in my life had any defunct Nigerian prince offering me money.:3eyes:

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, my email address is pretty old, like 12 year or something, so it's going to be all over the place by now.

But they just use random name generators I think, i've seen my email in the CC with a bunch of others with similar numbers and naming scheme.

You'll probably get it eventually, especially if you're running an old domain name like hotmail or yahoo.