Afterburner not applying voltage to 980?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by DaveImagery, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DaveImagery

DaveImagery Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Classified
    Hi all,

Trying to get some extra fps out of my EVGA GTX 980 Classified for a few more months, before I make the jump to a 1080 ti. I can get PrecisionX to bump the voltage, but not Afterburner. Not a fan of the EVGA software, too bugy, and the overlay doesn't work half the time. Is there a way I can enable it in Afterburner? Right now it just sits at 1.2v, where as PrexisionX will bump it to 1.3+ nicely. At boost clock of 1498mhz, my temps are in the high 60's under heavy load, so I have some headroom.

Thanks for any info. :)

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    When you open Msi afterburner click settings page under (General) Unlock voltage control check it then it will tell you to restart. Afterwards it schould in (theory) work.Let us know?

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I have a Asus strix with following oc....
    Core voltage +37 Mv
    Core clock + 200Mhz
    Memory clock + 250 mhz

Under heavy gaming (summer time) in chicago really humid I still havent seen the card pass 60c Ever,Compared to my 780 that use to run close to 85c.I am very impressed what Asus did with these 980s!

4. DaveImagery

DaveImagery Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Classified
    Hi and thanks for replying. Yeah I forgot to mention, I already have the voltage control and monitoring turned on. In the drop down box next to voltage control, I've tried all settings, but currently it's on "third party". A couple days ago, I called MSI tech support, and their rep said it was not possible to control the voltage of a EVGA card with Afterburner. But I wasn't sure he really understood what I was asking, their was a bit of a language barrier.

5. DaveImagery

DaveImagery Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Classified
    The strix cards are great, I'm just partial to the EVGA cards because they are widely regarded as having the best warranty in the biz.

Where I sit right now.

105mhz on core @1498mhz
    400mhz on ram