Updates From Guru3D Folders

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Svein_Skogen, Aug 14, 2010.

1. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Good spotting, ra_alfaomega! That happened to be the time when I started to migrate from my laptop and desktop. I did a fresh installation and with the latest Nvidia drivers at that time, F@H wouldn't run (https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=29276&start=285).

However, the latest driver seems to work most of the time which is good news :) I am currently waiting for the next release of Nvidia driver or the next version of FahCore_21 to be able to fold on my dual GTX 1070s stably (https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29633). Unfortunately, I can't use the old drivers as some content-creation applications that I use on a daily bases requires the latest drivers :(

I am (impatiently) waiting for that day which I hope is within this month as I do miss folding on my computer but can't afford any instabilities as it will have a detrimental effect on my daily work.

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    thx ra_alfaomega im down but not out ive moved in with the girlfriend and have a baby on the way i am still adjusting to it all, still got a rig going in my parents. they do need updating the electricity where i am is not the cheapest so will see how it goes. look like ive got a few people on my tale down for top spot.

Athlonite likes this.
  3. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Oh, best of luck with the baby, iancook221188! Hopefully everything will be fine :)

4. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Ditto, sounds like you have your priorities straight! We'll hold down the fort while you are on sabbatical.

5. ra_alfaomega

ra_alfaomega Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx1070 MSI Gaming X
    PantherX- I heard about the bug, but I know they released a new version of core 21 and a new driver... Still it's not ok? Anyway,Hope the driver that you expect comes as soon as possible, of course your work it's on the 1 place.

iancook221188 Good luck on your new path! the family it's the most important. Fah will not go anywhere, with have decades ahead of us to fold the mistery of the proteins . I'm sure you will return in no time, with twice the folding power, so CitationX will not benefit too much from the top spot.... if he reach it ;)

6. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Ideally, I had hoped for proper (workaround removed) Nvidia drivers plus a newer version of FahCore_21 (version 19) to get similar performance if not better.

However, it seems that the latest version of the driver plus version 18 will work but the PPD might be lower. I will consider testing it when I get some free time in a couple of weeks as everything is working fine and can't afford a broken system when I don't have time to fix it if it breaks :)

7. waldojr

waldojr Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 SUPER
    Update: I will not be folding until fall, too much on the electric bill running the computers and A/C units.

8. ra_alfaomega

ra_alfaomega Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx1070 MSI Gaming X
    Here in Romania it's summer , but not too warm for now. My room temperature has increased to 26-27 C, so I lowered the voltages and clocks of my gpu so that my card it is now 5 degrees cooler. If the temperature will exceed 28 I will stop folding. Already I don't fold with the cpu anymore.
    I noticed that our team ppd has dropped significant in the past weeks, for sure the warmth it's the cause.
    So for all of you: have a nice summer and see you with fresh forces in autumn! :)

9. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    My rig is at 50% capacity as the other GTX 1070 doesn't seem to play nice with F@H :( Will troubleshoot when I get a chance in few weeks time.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I will be doing a complete rebuild this weekend. The i5 6600K is being replaced by a Ryzen 1600. If the mounting kit for my waterblock shows up in time, I should be up folding for at least a couple days again.

11. JarithOne

JarithOne Member

GPU:
    SLI GeForce GTX 970 Ti
    Folding again....
    not bad points per day.
    GeForce GTX 970 in SLI
    and AMD FX 9590

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  12. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Sold off my dual GTX 1070 and upgraded to a single GTX 1080 Ti. I have also configured my system for CPU folding on 6 CPUs by using Process Lasso to ensure that CPU affinity is correctly set and not causing PPD loss :)

13. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    That's wicked! Looking forward to your CPU PDD :D

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll let it run overnight tonight and see what it reports in the morning. I was getting 150K - 200K before. Hopefully it will be a bit more with GPU+CPU10 vs GPU+CPU3....

Update: I take that back. I've run into an issue I can't solve tonight so the attempt at folding was short lived... I'll fix it tomorrow and give it another go.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well, my fan speed controller appears to have crapped itself. 2 new PWM fans on the way with a splitter so I can ditch the 3-pin fan speed controller. Hopefully having all my fans on PWM will work better than having 2 connected to a fan controller. New fans will be quieter too and have red LEDs....lol

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    built a mining rig and am breaking it in with some folding, I'm only picking up 5 gpu's instead of the 6. is there an advanced command i need to see which gpu isn't currently in use? or in windows any way to see which gpu is active?

Also the CPU, i5-7600k is running at full speed according to CoreTemp, I've disabled it through f@h though. motherboard is an asus 270h strix.

any thoughts? https://goo.gl/photos/VacFFq2eQC4zbFX97

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I can't run that many GPUs so I'm of no real help....lol Did you try creating a 6th GPU slot though?

Update: New fans FINALLY showed up yesterday but since I've been dealing with work related things all week, they haven't been installed yet. That is planned for tonight. Got a few other minor "adjustments" to make to improve cooling as well. All planned for tonight. Hopefully I'll have some idea as to how well I can fold in the next 48 hours...

18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I did, no avail. I think it might be a bad PCI riser, so I'll play around with those and report back.

So the ASUS support said that there weren't enough pci lanes on the processor, which does not make sense to me. It's a high end motherboard and processor. I'm going to run to the store and see pick up a back up /test mother combo.

UPDATE. it was just a bad molex cable. so up and running for a bit and we'll see how the performance is.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  19. waldojr

waldojr Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 SUPER
    It's getting colder, and I can use my computers to heat my apartment again. You can expect a big increase in point production over the next month.

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB

Seems you'll be moving to Folding Nappies @ Home then Congratulations on the newbie