eDimensional 3d glasses with series 6 cards

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by dude420, Aug 24, 2005.

1. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    Read a couple of reviews, they say the downside is the lack of nvidia drivers and brightness issues. I was wondering if anyone uses them here? At the time of the review, they used 71.84's with 6800GT and I noticed the stereo drivers were older than the August release. I like the idea, I need more reassurance from ppl that already have them.

2. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Guest

Yeah I've tried to start theads like this but either nobody has them or nobody will reply. I would like to know how well they work with current hardware.

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    There is even a section for stereo goggles.

4. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    whoops did not see this sorry mods. anyone?

5. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I use E-dimensional glasses on my 6800 Ultra using the latest offical 77.77 drivers and matching stereo version and have no hardware issues. Using the glasses does make the game darker but I compensate for that by upping the stereo gamma to 1.2 and turning on superbright mode on my monitor. This combo works well and does not make the image look "washed out" to me.

6. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    What games do you play with them? Since you have a 6800U, do you think I could use high IQ and maybe 2-4XAA with my 6600gt?

7. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    The games that I have been playing lately in 3-D are World of Warcraft, Far Cry, and Morrowind. WoW I can run on my machine at 1280x960 resolution with 8xAF and 4xAA. Far Cry I run at 1024x768 with 8xAF and no AA as this game really taxes a system. Morrowind I can run at 1024x768 with 8xAF/4xAA with decent frame rates.

Since enabling 3-D already takes a big performance hit I would think you would have to run without AA on newer titles for sure and 1024x768 would seem like a decent resolution to try. Another reason that I like this resolution is that the refresh rate on my monitor is 150hz at that setting so splitting it in half with 3-D enabled still allows me to maintain a good level without causing much eye strain long term. I have put in marathon sessions in WoW in 3-D without any adverse effects.

I hope this info is useful for you.

8. MaZa

MaZa Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD 4890
    What resolution you can use with Stereo3D depends what refreshrate your monitor can do. Seems like Arioch has one bigass monitor, cuz my 17" monitor can only do 640x480 in 120HZ. If you want to play somewhat long periods, 120HZ refreshrate is absolute minimun. Otherwise your eyes will hurt.

6x00 cards are very well suported nowadays. I have 6800GT and it works fine with 3dglasses. Only thing is that my glasses are screwed up in most games, most likely hardware conflict.

9. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I have a 22" (20" viewable) Mitsubishi 2070SB. I bought it before I ever got into 3-D gaming but am happy with what it offers me. While 2048x1536@85hz is not an option in 3-D it is capable it can do 1600x1200@100hz, 1280x960@120hz. It has two levels of superbright modes and I use the highest level when playing in 3-D since I then do not have to go past 1.2 gamma correction to normalize the image and not get the "washed out" effect.

It's gonna be a long time till I give this monitor up. I would highly recommend this monitor for any type of gaming if the large footprint and weight is not an issue. I even played my X-box on it with the Neoya X2VGA adapter since that allowed me all the HD modes if games supported it. I will probably try a Xbox360 on it if and when I manage to get one of those systems in the future.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  10. MaZa

MaZa Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD 4890
    Wow. Thats a great monitor for 3D stereo. :D Small monitor like mine is annoying cuz i have to use low resolution and everything around monitor disturbs focusing little bit.

11. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    Thanks Arioch for your replies, very helpful. Does Farcry look even better? ATM my monitor can do 10x7 @ 100hz. I usually game at that resolution. Is it worth picking up these glasses with the monitor at 10x7 100hz? oh yea the monitor is a 17".

12. MaZa

MaZa Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD 4890
    100hz is bit low. Yes you will se in 3d, but it will flicker like hell. 50Hz for each eye isnt very healthy for eyes and will make your head hurt. If your monitor cant do 120HZ in any resolution, you might consider getting a better one or try anaglyphic glasses (you know those Red&Cyan ones). It will screw up colors and 3d isnt very good, but it works and totally flicker free in any resolution. And VERY cheap, but requires quite a lot of tweaking in stereocontrolpanel to get colors match for lenses.

13. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I would say to even lower the resolution if needed to 800*600 just to be able to play in 120Hz refresh. (60Hz for each eye)