Edimensional Glasses Vs ELSA Rev. Glasses

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Steve-O 2004, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Steve-O 2004

Steve-O 2004 Guest

Whats the Difference with the 2 ?? Do they do the same thing and look the same?? Or do the eD's make the image come out the screen better??

I only own the ELSA glasses so dont know what the eD glasses are like, so if anyone has owned both, please let me know what the differences are :)

Thanks

2. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    I've been wondering about this too. Is there really a difference between the different designs?

You basically just have two LCD shutters synced to the V-Pin in your video cable. How much more complicated does it have to be? Some glasses come with dark lenses to remove the flickering, but that's it. What other features do you need? Is there any real difference between expensive glasses and cheap ones?

I don't even see a way how the glasses could tell left from right, it just flips the shutters when it intercepts a signal from the v-pin meant for the monitor. 3D glasses even comes with a switch for correcting which image goes to which eye coz the dongle can't determine it by itself. Correct me if i'm wrong =) Does the elsa have this switch? I'm asking coz it may be worth a few more bucks if i don't have to reach for the dongle everytime the screen mode changes =P

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  3. Steve-O 2004

Steve-O 2004 Guest

hhmm, I cant see a Switch on my Elsa Rev. Glasses Dongle or the little Box thats on the wire that has ELSA wrote on....