9800GX2 Folding

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by DSK, May 19, 2009.

1. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeh is it true you need 2 monitors to fold with this card (using 2 cores) ?

2. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
  3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Nice kl thanks

4. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Or if you have the latest drivers 185.85 you can add a force command in the folding link.

"-gpu x -forcegpu nvidia_g80". x = you graphic card, for instance -gpu 0 1 2 etc. By using this method you dont have to use dummy plug and nvidia_g80 works on all nvidia cards.

This -forcegpu command even works with ati x2 ones. Just use "-gpu 1 -forcegpu ati_r600" or something similar. More is on the foldingforum.org.

EDIT:
    Ah see the OP is on Ati card but this will work for your card ass well. Its built in Cuda 2.1 application now.

Last edited: May 23, 2009

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    The ATi variant will use CAL instead of CUDA. I have Folding@Home running on my Radeon HD 3650 (desktop) and my AMD Athlon X2 3600+ (media centre).

deltatux

6. Jetty

Jetty New Member

GPU:
    2x XFX R9 270x
    You don't necessarily need a vga dummy to accomplish this. Just a monitor that has both dvi and vga inputs, and is able to switch sources.

It's been some times since I've folded so I've forgotten what to put in the command line for the f@h gpu shortcuts. All I remember at the moment is that you need two separate shortcuts.

7. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Whatever ATI is using the force command will work. Just check in on the folding forum.