People upgrading in 2016, what device will you be getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Dec 27, 2015.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I've just ordered the LG V10, not a 2016 device, however, better looking than the upcoming V20.

I got it for a great price so why not? Same screen size/resolution as V20, same camera, similar battery, etc.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I'm waiting for Mate 9 and V20, V10 and v20 seems to have awful battery life, mine S7E has amazing battery life which i wouldn't give away, same goes for screen and camera.

But i really want bigger phone without stupid edges, and the Note is too hot to handle :D

3. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Had to upgrade my phone =( 1020
    battery was so bad after 1,5 years so i got honor 8.

Not gonna miss windows but camera was so great...

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i wanted to buy the mate 9, but low light camera is **** according to reviews.

S7 is still unbeaten in low light, and i take a lot of photos under low lights so that's a big no, hmm who knows...

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    replaced my s7 and s7 edge to xperia xz. Still finger print sensor not working. ram is not enough.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    why you downgraded s7 to xperia, this is one of the worst choices you could ever make.

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    xperia + house (or donky or sum5in) for s7e
    :banana:

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Ordered OnePlus 3T this morning to hopefully finally replace my Nexus 5! Hopefully it'll be here either end of the week or beginning of next :)

9. animeowns

animeowns Member

GPU:
    Titan
    what would be a good phone upgrade from a nokia lumia 520 ?

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Love to Toy around with phones . sold sony anyway. Returned to Note 5. Now iPhone 7 plus + Note 5 combo. good for now.

where is best android phone ever anyway? note 7 was superb . The problem with S7 edge and s7 was they both heated in even surfing web , instagram. heat was sht. and it was pain to hold s7 edge. for real stop using edge screens FFS samsung. note 7 was epic. note 5 is epic. use normal frame damn u phone makers.

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Replaced my iPhone 5c with a MotoZ. I absolutely love my new phone, definitely worth the switch.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll be ending 2016 with a Nexus 6P.... Unfortunately, my N5x has been a PITA since the Nougat upgrade. It's been lagging very badly. It regularly freezes. It gets very hot. It's just not a good experience anymore. Immediately after the Nougat upgrade it began restarted several times a day. I just can't take it anymore and decided to order a Nexus 6P the other night.

Pretty much anything....lol

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  13. Felix3D

Felix3D Guest

I also bought a Moto Z in October. Replaced a Galaxy Alpha, and I am very glad I made the purchase. I had been telling myself I liked small phones, but now I know I much prefer a bigger screen. I'm in Europe so no bloatware from Verizon, but very clean phone. It holds battery very well, compared to the smaller battery of Galaxy Alpha, and it is as if Samsungs just use more power. I don't know, but the Moto Z can stay idle forever, and gets me easily through the day. I'm not a heavy user though, so perfect for me.

I do think it is the best replacement right now, for those who loved the Note 7, I often wonder why they haven't figured that out themselves. It's a bit under the radar, yet probably the best phone atm.

14. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Hows the 3T? A mate at work is getting one and it sounds like a really nice phone. My main concerns are software and update frequency (do oneplus do monthly security updates?).

If they update decently then id be interested to see what the OnePlus 4 is next year.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Shame no oneplus products here.

Note 5 vs s7 edge? What your guys opinion pls?

16. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    I just upgraded. I seem extremely extremely dissapointed, no, I feel scammed!

Camera/photos great. Screen great. Battery, great. Case(optional) great. Price great. Yet.. I am kind of venting and not sure If I should return and keep old phone or try convert myself and be "smart idiot" person. :(

17. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'm liking it! Love the screen size, it's fast, great to hold in the hand, camera ain't to bad. The battery is very good, lasts much longer than my nexus 5.

As for software, pretty sure they don't do monthly security updates yet, think more quarterly. Takes a little while for the bigger OS updates to roll out too, N7 is supposed to be rolled out this year but I've not got it yet.

It feels pretty close to stock android too, Oxygen OS seems pretty light weight.

Overall very pleased with it, won't be sending this back, can see me keeping it for a few years like my Nexus 5