Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i would like to see some RPG elements with some fighting system. yeah game is what it is but still, would be nice.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Bought:
    Bloodborne:GOTY
    Ratchet & Clank
    Uncharted 1-3 Remastered
    Uncharted 4
    The Last of Us Remastered

Saved 120€ on discounts so it was worth it :)

Still have The Order 1886, Killzone (already got a physical copy but the PSN version is so much cheaper than what I paid) and Nioh left on my list.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Nice, all great titles, enjoy :)

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just purchased one of those DS4 wireless USB dongles so I can use a DS4 controller Wirelessly with Remote play.

5. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    How I sorted the " my god its stupid dark! " was by going in picture settings on tv and up the brightness slightly worked a treat on my LG 4k hdr tv blacks stayed black and colours sharp loving the 10bit colour I think 10bit is consumer standard atm and 12bit not sure what tvs are 12bit and even if its supported for consumer grade tv's?

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    You know.... sometimes.... i really, REALLY hate the PS4.

Haven't even really turned mine on in nearly a month (damn you Breath of the Wild), but thought "Hey, the new Destiny event started, might as well check that out." Turn on the PS4. "System Update Installed". Awesome. "Let It Die Version x.x.x update installed". Nice, even though i've only played the game for a little bit one time. "Horizon: Zero Dawn version x.x.x update installed". Fantastic! "Destiny update x.x.x. added to downloads."...... FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I swear, the ONLY update that NEVER gets downloaded or installed or anything until the system is turned on is anything Destiny related. As I type this, it's still in the "Preparing to Update" phase, sitting at 69%. It was at 57-ish-% nearly 20 minutes ago.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Destiny updates suck hard, that’s a fact. You need to force them manually, they take way too long and require lots of free space. Other than that, it’s you “fault” for not turning your PS4 just for a minute and leaving it in rest mode so it will update whatever needs updating :)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Have I missed something here? Yesterday I turned on my PS4 Pro and a few minutes later the update started and got installed while I was playing a game. Never had any hassle with Destiny so far (3 patches).

I always turn off my PS4 since I read that Rest mode actually uses a lot of power.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It does? Guess I'll start turning mine off. I will admit rest mode comes in quite handy for having things get updated and installed while away from home.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree but if you're away for 10hrs per day and you get an update maybe once a week at best then it's probably not worth it :) Check out the video below for Rest Mode info (around 1:53) and it covers all versions, not just the Pro.

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    But if you are like me and want to use the Remote play app alot then using Rest mode is a good thing to use because you can turn on the PS4 from the App via the controller. But I can see where you are coming from though.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    My PS4 is always in rest mode. You DID notice that i said 3 other updates, including a system update, were installed in the meantime, right?

I've NEVER turned my PS4 on from rest mode and was greeted by a "Destiny Update x.x.x installed" message. They always wait to prepare to download (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean, and why the hell it takes longer than ACTUALLY downloading the update, is beyond me) until i actually turn the system on.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    My bad sorry. But still I agree that Destiny updates suck. And yeah, WTF is preparing for download anyways?!

I remember that after watching that video when I came out, I was surprised by how much power it regular PS4 draws in rest mode. Since then I only use it occasionally, manly for the handy charging function or if I’m waiting for non-Destiny updates.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I had no idea an App existed :3eyes:

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah you can stream PS4 to your Computer. I have done it many times. They even have Playstation Now for PC. Hence the primary reason why Sony created the wireless usb dongle for PC. The PS TV had that feature first before Sony created the app.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Why do i get the feeling that this PS Store deal is a april's fool joke...
    They said spend 50 euro in the PS Store and get 10 euro back on April 1st.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Buy a cheap indie game for £3 or something.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Getting a 39p avatar.

But, since it expires in a month, not sure what i'd get, not aware of anything interesting coming up on ps4

edit, persona 5, but that's a mind blowing £55 on psn, and (its not on amazon for some reason) but it'll be like £40 in shops

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I checked the app on Google Play but there was no mention about streaming to a PC :confused: Though I did find the dongle and a "Remote Play App". Interesting though probably not very useful for me :)