Problem drivers amd in W8.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cansado293, Nov 9, 2013.

1. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi,
    I have a problem with the drivers of AMD in Windows 8.1. When you update the drivers to versión up more 13.1, the backlight is turned off until I increment the brightness more of 60%. And I used to set 0%. And with the new setting, it damage my eyes and the battery of my notebook is discharged very fast. How Can I solve this problem?
    it is now:
    Windows 8.1 x64
    drivers of 13.9 whql
    Thanks you, and sorry by my bad knowledge of english

2. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi,
    Is it posible that I didn't explain very well? Do you need more information about this problem? I contacted with AMD's Support and they said me that I should explain the problem to department of drivers using the form. But they said nothing more. Exist some tool, mod drivers,... that I can use to solve my problema?. It is very hard in order to use every day and I can't use the battery because with high brightness discharge battery very fast. Are there some idea?
    Thank you again

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
  4. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi dellon132,
    Thank you by answer but my GPU is in a laptop and it doesn't work. I try again the drivers and the result are:
    13.1 -> the backlight works when the brightness set to 0%
    13.4 -> the backlight works when the brightness set to 50%
    13.9 -> the backlight works when the brightness set to 60%
    drivers that install W8.1 (that is upper to 13.9)-> the backlight works when the brigthness set to 62%.
    I can't work with 13.1 because it doesn't work correctly in W8.1. And As is logical, the last version give more performance that the other old version of driver. ¿Are there some idea how I can activate the backlight using the last driver?
    Thank you again

5. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I don't know, if it works also for non switchable graphics, but on 13.1 try to search in registry for FeatureTestControl. Mark the value and then compare it with the newer drivers. Also you can try to change it to another value...

6. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi,
    I have searched this key in the registry but I haven't found it. Are There other posibility in order to find some solution?
    This week, AMD has published other new versión of drivers and I has tried to install and the problem is worst. I explain, when I install it, the backlight turn off (included with brightness at 100%). I restart the computer and then the backlight work. Continuosly, I login in Windows and then I try to down the brigthness and the 79%, the backligth turn off again. So I have to return the versión of 12.4 that I can work more or less correctly. I can't understand how I solve this problem. Are there other idea?
    Thank you again

7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    You can also try to search for KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2 in registry and set it to 0

8. thatguy_86

thatguy_86 Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Did it work?

9. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi,
    I set this key to 0 and the blackligth don't work nothing. I want to say with values of brightness among 0-100%, it is always off. Are there some ideas?
    Thank you again.

10. wazer

wazer Member

GPU:
    1080TI on water
    Did you try with cleaning drivers 100% first?

11. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi wazer,
    Today I can have enough time in order to delete all things of AMD and I Start with the last version and I have the same problem. The version are installed is 13.4 because is the last working with brightness setting at 0% and backlight turned on.
    Now this version working because I restart the computer. Before of restarting, I have to set at 50% of brightness due to the backlight had turned off. This versión is the last drivers that use 12.x. The next versión are using 13.x. I think that it is a problem of driver.
    Are there more ideas?
    Thank you again

12. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi again,
    Today I have installed the new versión of ATI Catalyst 14.4 Drivers on my notebook Asus and the same problem has returned. The blackligth doesn't work unless I set the brightness to 70%. Are there some new information about this problem or some idea in order to solve it?
    Thank you again.

13. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    #1 Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your laptop?

#2 After having the latest BIOS installed, look in the BIOS settings for a brightness setting. Should be listed under display or similar.

14. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi cyclone3d,
    Thank you by your answer. My notebook has the latest BIOS installed that was on 2011. It is an X52J Asus. I have entered in the BIOS and I haven't found the brightness setting.
    Are there other ideas?
    Thank you again.

15. thatguy_86

thatguy_86 Guest

GPU:
    8 GB

16. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Hey Cansado293!

Someone pointed me to this thread!

You have a 6370m manhattanP card. Meaning that you most likely need the following for it to work.

Please follow my instructions and let us know if it worked okay?!

Clean with DDU in safe mode.

Install 14.4 v1.1 Intel Legacy Driver

https://mega.co.nz/#!1FJUnbpJ!TFX3yNvXlwX7cNB6DItA8B7UY9t7pdpsqeQP3WnWI-o

let us know how it works out.

It should eliminate this brightness issue hopefully.

17. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi!
    Thank you by your answers. Now I haven't enought time but I will try doing this weekend.
    Thank you again.

18. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi!
    I have installed the drivers of AMD (I haven't installed the driver of Intel because my Intel cpu is not a graphic card). It has work different because in this case, the blacklight is always off. Are there some idea more how I can solve it?
    Thank you again

19. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi again!
    I'm trying to install the genuine drivers but I can't do it. It said that there are other installation in parallel. Why can't I install drivers now? I have restored the notebook before the installation of drivers and I can't do it.
    Thank you again

20. cansado293

cansado293 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6300M
    Hi!
    Finally I can install more or less the versión 13.1 of the Catalyst drivers because the control panel doesn't work and so applications of video for example adobe premier, powerdvd, etc don't work correctly. Are there some idea more? Or How Can I install the drivers 13.1 without errors in w8.1?
    Thank you again