xbox 360 for 99 $, but that's not where it ends!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I see this posted a lot compairing the 2 prices put together, the thing is the non contract one people use is based on RRP of the whiole set and not what you can actully buy them for.

For example it's not $60 for 12 months of live - you can get that for $48 right now (so $96 for 2 years), then it's not $299 for the 360/kinect - it's $280 for a 360+kinect with a game and a free months live.

$280 + $96 = $376, that's $84 difference - and that's a current worse case price without searching for a really good deal. I'd say with minor searching you could save $100 without a contract and that's not even going down a pre-owned console route and only paying for live 1 month at a time.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You're a fool if you don't think that plans like this are purposely designed to take advantage of people with poor financial management/low intelligence.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Ever heard of Rent A' Center? They do exactly this.
    I watched an episode of Judge Judy one time where a lady "rented" a PS3 for her boyfriend from there that ended up costing $900 by the time she paid it off.

People are stupid. If you don't have the money then don't buy it.

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    As I pointed out, total price difference is 40 bucks. The extra money you spend in order to get what is essentially financing on a 360 and 2 years of XBL is 40 measly dollars.

People aren't as dumb as what I pointed out, they can typically do basic math. They'll understand that its a bit more, but it's over time, so they accept it. It's freaking 1.67 a month, Microsoft is SOOOOO "TAKING ADVANTAGE" of those with LOW INTELLIGENCE, though you'd think they'd it more effectively and least get two full dollars out of them.

Hell, maybe the ****ing gamebox they just bought for 37 more green pieces of paper will learn them how to reed real good so they can finally move up in the world of complete freaking retards whose financial decisions literally no one cares about.

If Microsoft doesn't offer this, the dumbass will just put it on their plastic money machine. And the retards putting xbox 360s on their credit cards don't get sub-10% interest rates. So this is an even cheaper solution for them.

I'm a fool, laughing out ****ing loud.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

:stewpid:

6. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So uh, you got that I was mimicking how one of those people would speak, right?

Do we need to intervene before you go out and finance a 360 too?

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You shouldn't be putting any non vital items on layaway/credit, and companies know this yet offer the option anyway because they know that most people can't control their impulses. It's taking advantage plain and simple.

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ...then whole LasVegas is taking advantage of ppl. Afaik no one has ever blamed LasVegas for it.

9. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    2 pages now and this hasn't been moved to console section....