ATI 7970 Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by NIK1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. NIK1

NIK1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI 7970
    After I installed a new cpu water cooler and put the graphics card back in the pci slot I did not have the power wires hooked up. When I first turned the pc on there was no display on the monitor so I shut down and reopened the case to see the power wires not plugged in.I hooked up the wires and turned the pc on and that's when it installed the standard vga adapter with the ati Radeon drivers that where always there.So,after uninstalling and deleting the second standard vga adapter, rebooting,it shows 2 standard vga adapters in device manager. There was always one before when you uninstall the display adapter, and now there is two. After installing the 14.4 drivers it shows the amd Radeon hd 7900 series drivers there in device manager and standard vga adapter there also. I think the second one is for the Intel hd graphics. I have pci set in the bios for the graphics, but for some reason the Intel hd graphics is showing up also in device manager and in the asus bios tweaker page it now shows igpu max freq setting that was not there before. I just did a scan with driver genius and the second standard vga adapter is for the Intel hd graphics driver. Can not figure out why pci and the Intel hd are both showing up when pci is set in the bios for the display. Anyone have any ideas..

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Install the drivers.....?

4. NIK1

NIK1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI 7970
    Yep,did all that but it keeps installing the second standard vga adapter upon reboot. I think it has to do with my bios. There is new listings on the Asus ai tweaker page. Now there is igpu max freq setting,igpu voltage offset mode,igpu offset voltage, and in the Graphics Config it shows igpu freq-350 MHz and igpu memory auto. All these igpu settings in the bios were never there before since I never used the Intel hd graphics on the motherboard.For some reason when I never hooked up the power to the 7970 and booted to desktop,shutdown, hooked up pwr cables, rebooted is when all this started. Do you think if I reflashed the bios it will get rid of the igpu settings that are in the bios and the second standard vga adapter.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The vga adapter is listed in device manager because u haven't installed the proper Intel drivers. There isn't a problem tbh, disable the Intel igp in BIOS and you're done.

6. NIK1

NIK1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI 7970
    In the bios I do not see disable igp,the primary display is set to pcie and has always been set to pcie.The mb is a asus sabertooth z77 board.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Its in there, youre not looking hard enough

8. NIK1

NIK1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI 7970
    Thanks for the help. I reflashed the bios and now it only shows the normal ati Radeon hd graphics driver listing in device manager.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I would ask those bios engineers how they made that virtual iGPU in i7-930 :)

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    He is running a Z77 platform with an IGP cpu

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The mobo he has listed is a x58, and no Igpu...

i dont see him mentioning a Z77 anywhere, and if he did, it certainly wont support a 930...

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    just found it.

it was halfway through the thread.

lol

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    He is right NOWHERE I can see in the .pdf manual is there anyway to disable the iGPU....

All I can find is this, setting it to PEG instead of Auto should hopefully sort it out.

[​IMG]

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ^ Primary set to PCIe and render stand by set to disable, disables the IGP

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    PEG=Pci Express Graphics.

Thats it.