G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Does anyone knows a mod with adds one-handed spears? I found only few mods at nexus that contain two-handed spears. I'm in mood for another playthough of Skyrim but I want to play as a slav warrior (as much possible as it can be:p ). To do thath i need one-handed spears so i could look like this :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. pooley

pooley Guest

GPU:
    xfx r9 fury
    Agreed, just cant play with this enabled...

3. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    If you don't like DoF, you could try this ENB preset..

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18941

and Yepp.. ENB might seem like an overkill most of the times, but you need to know that its a superb technical achievement by a 3rd party to put such a type of graphics in the game (which cannot).

Also the Bokeh filter is also only present on a rare few games we know; Crysis 2, Witcher 2 and etc..

Anyways, its personal preference.. :)

4. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Or simply disabe DOF in any chosen ENB config, by opening the enbseries Configuration Settings file and set EnableDepthOfField= from true to false.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Man, i'm glad i waited for that 4GB. I just hit 2298MB VRam usage.

1680 x 1050
    4x MSAA + FXAA

Using the Official HD Pack in combination with about 60 other Mods.

6. -Eon-

-Eon- Member

GPU:
    ASUS Amd Radeon R9 270X2
    Skyrim rocks. mods are great. We need Dawnguard dlc now. waiting til oct or feb of next year for pc. oh well least got great mods

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Dawnguard is coming around midway through this month as far as I've been able to understand various articles about it though it's not officially confirmed, it was a estimated one month exclusivity for the X360 version for the first two DLC, nothing further. :)

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    1 month would put it at the 24th this month

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Try 2K HD if you really want to push your VRAM; it uses allot more than the official Bethesda pack, and looks better too. ;)

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    As I understood it there was just the June - July month thing, not exactly ~30 days. :)

Again I could be wrong.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ill have a try later.

Right now i'm OCing my card. Currently at 1260/6610 with 30% Fan Speed, and the temp is hovering at 52-53C. Gotta love the Twin Turbo 2 =]

I was surprised i still got some frame drops tho, it seems 4K Shadows are still an impact on a 680 aswell. So i dropped them back to 2K and it's rock solid now.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Congrats on new card mate,i remember you saying you was gonna wait for the 4gb card,patience has paid off :) You should try all the highest quality mods and highest quality tweaks on STEP,it will really max out your gpu but the game looks amazing!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11

14. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I think it's more an engine issue than the game. I get a solid 50+ almost stutterfree fps at all times with 2k shadows, while 4k causes some slowdowns and stutters no matter the rest of the settings (doesn't matter if I set everything to lowest, or highest, the fps stays the same).
    If a 680 still gets stutters with 4k shadows, it's nog the GPU, as your card is at least twice as fast as mine.

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Thats because Shadows in Skyrim aren't completely GPU based, its dependent on CPU.

Overclock your CPU and you will see game performance increased with high quality shadows.

-----
    Edit

I set my Shadows to 'Med' settings in the launcher, I don't want ultra sharp shadows or wasting my CPU cycles..

Also the ENB wrapper/injector enables Per Pixel Shadows (against real light sources) and it also does soft shadows correctly.. Its hard to describe it, but it fixes it up the shadow stepping visual effect (almost removes them completely) and such..

If you guys want the difference in shadows with/without ENB at 'Medium' game Shadow settings, I'll host the images.

-----
    Edit 2

Someone already hosted to showcase the difference with Per Pixel Shadows with ENB for Skyrim on the net @ http://imgur.com/a/lgHmc#1 , But its at full shadow quality with the launcher.

Default Game Shadows
    [​IMG]

ENB's Per Pixel Shadows (Ignore color saturation, just see the shadows on the Animal and on the armor of the character..especially the shadow on the face etc etc)
    [​IMG]

But even with 'Med' shadow settings in the launcher on my system, the ENB does great job to remove the weak shadow representation upto a huge amount.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

16. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    You mean my CPU @4ghz isn't enough to render the shadows? The performance of Skyrim doubled from my q6600 to i7 3770 (example: Riften 25-30 fps to 55-60fps, Markarth 30fps to 60fps)
    The performance in every town (more than) doubled, but with the shadows at 4k it still struggles exactly the same as before, making me think that the GPU is the bottleneck in my case (which I would have expected).

I use ENB's shadows, which really improve the look of them indeed. 2k shadows with ENB look better than 4k shadows without :)
    Shadow striping is almost unnoticable VS VERY noticable.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What's the framerate difference?

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm currently using the Enhanced Vanilla ENB (0.113) just for the Sunrays and Detailed Shadows. But it's annoys me that Shadows are popping up infront of my nose.

I recorded a small example:

Look at the building on the right, underneat the small roofs you can clearly see the shadows popping up.

Is there any way to increase the distance for it in ENB? cuz it's not my Ini Settings as i got 8000 shadow distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IlqHoTmWIQ

19. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    On my system not much. With 2K shadows that is (max 5% decrease, if any). When using 4K shadows the hit is suddenly much bigger (20-25% decrease).
    It's easy to test, just enable/disable it in the ini file.

That's bound to the shadow distance I think, try 16000 just for the heck of it
    :edit: Just tried 16000, I don't see them popping in there, but I do see it with 8000 or 4000, no matter if ENB shadows are enabled or not.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I dunno how i manage it, but there is always something broken with my Skyrim.

Now it crashes as soon as the Main Menu appears :)