Wii U specs leaked.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by THEBIG360, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    On a side note, when you think of Nintendo's first party games and their artistic styles, seeing them at 720p, let alone 1080p will be crazy. Seriously, for the ultimate Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. fans the games will look amazing. I already think Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 looked great...I can only imagine how they would look on a system a little more powerful than an Xbox 360.
    Also, the fact that one of the controllers is like a tablet, I bet this is the console they finally make an actual Pokemon game for.

I have both a Wii and a 360 to go along with my gaming pc, and I'm actually starting to look forward to the Wii U for the first party games. The only game I would want a PS4 or Xbox for would be Madden as the PC has every shooter,rpg, and strategy game I want.

2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah you only have to look to the Dolphin emulator to see what these games look like in 1080p and it is pretty stunning!!

3. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    That is a fact. I run Dolphin and it plays most of the games I want to play perfectly. Bit of a learning curve but worth it. You need a very high end cpu over clocked to play at 1080p and above. I played Zelda at 2560x1440 and despite low texture resolution and low poly count it still looked really great. MArio Universe looks like a current get title when running in Dolphin. Nintendo is the master of using art style and color to hide the shortcomings of their hardware.

BTW, you can buy a small kingston bluetooth adapter and use a real wiimote, nunchuch and motion plus. Works pefectly... I just have to turn on the real wii so its sensor bar can be used when I play on the pc. The pc and all my consoles are hooked up to my 55 inch so it isnt a hassle.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Or you could just buy a battery sensor bar.

5. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    When I can just hit a button and save on the batteries. This works. But thanks, I didnt know they made those. I dont play the wii at all anymore. All Marios, Zeldas and Metroids are beaten. Everything else the PC, 360 and PS3 handles.

6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    The reason they are going to ati is price. It is cheaper to use ati then nvidia. I hope this wii-u is good as they are hyping it up to be. It will finally make sony and microsoft update there systems with better hardware. Plus i would love to see mario games at 720p with aa/af.

7. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Again, the WiiU is NOT going to force Sony/MS to update their HW. These days, its too damn expensive to take Billions of losses on Console HW for a few years; Sony and MS are only JUST making a profit on the 360/PS3, and neither one looks ready to rock the boat.

The only reason Nintendo has to act is unlike the 360/PS3, they are actually loosing money on the Wii now. That, and they lost the handheld market to IOS/Android, so their other revenue stream has dried up. They HAD to act, otherwise, they'd go bankrupt.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    1.) I keep hearing "money is what matters, so everyone is going amd" well...money always mattered, this isn't some new found stroke of brilliance these companies came across lol. Furthermore, if that were the case, money should matter to nvidia/intel as well, so they should be willing to sell cheaper solutions if it means selling in huge bulk. My point is there's a deeper reason for why these companies are jumping to AMD all of a sudden. I'm not sure what it is, but it's not money. Money was ALWAYS a concern.

2.) One person states the hardware specs are all rumors for now...2 posts later we're all claiming exactly what the games will look like, what it has in it, etc. lol. Let's wait and see. The only thing I take into consideration is what developers say and this time they even seem conflicting. I've read developers say wii u is actually less powerful than current gen because of the processing power needed for the controller, then I've read it's 1.5x the power of current gen and a nice mid step between what's out now and what's to come, so who knows?

3.) Games are what matter. And being an old sh*t and having owned an original 8-bit nintendo in the 80's and owning every system since, I can say since n64 they have sorely lost 3rd party support. It only got worse with Gamecube and Wii. Wii was a cheap novelty that wore off quickly to me. My opinion of Nintendo isn't very high these days because, yes, they do have some of the best exclusives, but only from in-house/first party. I miss the days of 3rd party Nintendo exclusives.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what kind of exclusives are you missing ?

i actually missed first party games aswell on the wii. instead of making new games they released the old games as wiiware. buy zelda oot for the 10th time. yeah good on ya nintendo.
    i was hoping for a f-zero that never came :(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    jrg's, adventures, etc.

Snes was the pinnacle. Final Fantasy 2 and 3. Illusion of Gaia, y'know, back when Nintendo was more like Sony and had the 3rd parties bringing the big boys to their show.

Now it's Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Zelda, Mario Party Game, Zelda, Metroid Sequel, Resident Evil remake, Zelda, Zelda, Metroid triology, Zelda, one half-assed jrpg exclusive, Zelda...

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well have you tried Xenoblade Chronicles , it seems to be a good game by the looks of it.
    The Last Story which will come next month also looks like a great game.
    dont know if you own a wii though.

I actually love zelda games, after seeing that demo for wii u , im really looking forward to see what zelda they can come up with this time. (will take years though).

what i really hate are all those party games. tbh i really hate the wii motion controls aswell. im a lazy bum. i want to hang around on my couch in the most laziest position with a controller in my hand.

12. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    The Last Story came out a few months ago, great game btw.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    not here yet. 27th of june, thought it was july though lol

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The Wii was hampered from the very beginning due to its 4.7GB space limit on its disks. That's half the space of the 360's DVD9 disk. Hence why the Wii almost always got its own, stripped down versions, usually with vastly reduced textures.

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    No the Wii was hampered by it's limited 480p display output, slower CPU & GPU. Just having more storage space doesn't equal better looking games.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    And the Wii can use dual layer discs anyway, so that's more space than the xbox disc after all it's protection

The wii was hampered by being an overclocked gamecube with a little more ram.

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's the thing. I'm not worried about the excuses as to why it was hampered. It WAS. That's all that matters as a gamer. It sucked. Regardless of why.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looking at those leaked specs for the Wii U, it appears that it is just a more advanced Xbox 360: 1 GB usuable RAM vs. 512 MB, 32 MB eDRAM vs. 10 MB (which means the Wii U doesn't have to use tiling when MSAA is in use), etc., etc.

That the Wii U can do 4xMSAA at 720p in one-pass unlike the Xbox 360 (which has to use tiling, which in turn causes a performance hit, or render sub-720p) doesn't mean that developers will use it. Most of the Wii U games have seen footage of have all being aliased at 720p which suggests that the machine may not be that powerful after all, especially as it also has to render to an extra screen on the controller as well.

That said, Nintendo have better quality control than either Sony or Microsoft so I expect most of the first party games will run at 60 fps @ 720p (with none of the upscaled sub-720p crap that made a joke of the Xbox 360's and PS3's supposed HD capabilities) and, I expect, without screen tearing. Basically, I expect the Wii U will offer games on a similar graphical level to the PS3 and Xbox 360, only without their technical 'hiccups' (erratic framerates sub-30 fps framerates, sub-HD rendering, screen tearing, etc.).

Still don't know whether I want one though given how bitterly disappointing the Wii is/was.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  20. -Eon-

-Eon- Member

GPU:
    ASUS Amd Radeon R9 270X2
    No AA. Saw that E3 Wii U Golf skit comerical put it on floor controller to get kick.