GTX 670 Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mandragonq, Feb 22, 2015.

1. mandragonq

mandragonq Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Hello to Everyone. This may sound awkward or not, but thats what Happen!

I've been playing diablo3 and for the past 2-3 days I've been getting Random Black Screens which never happen before since I am using the GPU. At the other day I've grabbed a bottle of water and put it on my desk, after that I've spilled the water on my desk ( randomly ) and 5 min after that My Monitor went black and PC restarted, I heard a noisy sound from the GPU and the fans were working at 100%, i've looked if I Spilled water on the PC Case , but there was no water on it, opened the Case and looked at the GPU, no water ! After that I've pulled it out and looked again, still no water, well, can it be just really random moment and my GPU died at the same time as I pulled the water on my desk or I am getting crazy? Now The GPU is not working, fans are working at normal speed , but no connection with the monitor.

The GPU has 7 months more warranty, I've sent it back to the Store, i am worried if they tell me that I've damaged the GPU, a lot people ( Friends ) told me that even if they damaged the GPU's or whatever, they got a new ones or repair.

Question is - If Water killed it, would the fans still work? or if its killed by water will I get any artifacts on the screen or anything else? I am so confused ! Even if I didn't find any water on the GPU i am still worrying because of the warranty / what the black screens stand for? Overheat? I never has black screens before !

I've never had issues with my system since I built it. Never had Black Screens, freezes or anything else, other thing Is that I haven't cleared the card for a long time. I found a lot of dust after I took it out before sent it to the company for ''repair''

-Sorry for My English ( Not first language ) Card model is Gigabyte GTX 670 fabric OC'ed with 3 fans.

Thanks , Martin.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. mandragonq

mandragonq Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    None can help?

3. NoOne

NoOne Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 4BG
    Don't worry man :) It won't hurt... Worst thing could happen they just return it with RMA decline ;) But i don't really think it could happen in situation you described.

Every coincidence is possible in this world, so 99% it is not even related to water as you say it didn't get on GPU.

And in future dust your PC often, it does help to extend it's lifetime. If you never had any breakdowns it means neither CPU nor GPU got to extreme heat level, so you are safe here also.