Sega Rally X360 demo....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Joey, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    In a word.... crap

I played Colin McRae (RIP) Dirt for 3 hours directly before playing this demo and it was like taking a trip back in time. It was like playing the old Sega Rally. As far as I can tell all they have done is added in some deforming ground that looks a little 3D when a car leaves some tracks in it. The cars float about and rotate as if they don't have wheels and you can bounce off the walls and trees as much as you want.

Either they went for a retro thing or they didn't know how to update it properly... it makes no difference, this sh!t don't fly in this day and age. I loved the old games but I don't think a retro racing game can work like this.. the ''retro'' aspect shouldn't be coping the lack of feel in the old game (in relation to more modern racing games) and the colour scheme.
    What happened to Sega??? That last Sonic game was just as dated and badly thought out as this Rally game.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    sega rally is ok but the car handle is not great as dirt but its look a little better then dirt and run better then dirt.

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Really didnt like this, handling is horrible and the cars allways fell like there on ice. isnt particularry good graphically either, people where comparing this to motorstorm a while back, not even close.

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    one word: arcade

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    If that's the case then this sounds like my thing. I didn't like Forza 2, too much fiddling around. I prefer straight to the point multiplayer.

6. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I'll give it a shot, i really, really liked the old one. Many memories!

[​IMG]

7. Waylander

Waylander Guest

pretty naff... the car seems to glide along...
    tried the Juiced 2 demo as well, which in a weird arcadey way is quite good...

8. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Ok, i gave it a shot, and i really like it!

The last rally game i played that i really got into was the rally part of Gran Turismo 3 for PS2. Since then, i haven't come across anything that really replicates the feel as well, and the way this game is so arcade-y makes me very happy.
    I love the way you get vibration when you drive across the grooves left by other cars in the mud.

I wont be 100% happy until i can drive a Lancia though!

[​IMG]

9. pugger

pugger Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 460 @ 850
    I just played the PS3 version , and i'm not impressed at all. After playing dirt and motorstorm this game doesnt even come close. It may be fun , but the graphics look dated.

10. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I thought it was really bad.

11. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
  12. bornagain

bornagain Master Guru

GPU:
    Please close my
    Very poor

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    better then dirt imo lol tho the cars go around easily but still :p i like the deforming thing its not only for show in this one like in motorstorm :p

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    played it, exacly what i expected...
    it's like going back into that big ass arcade simulator with that 6 gear stick shifter back in 1998

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Sega seems to be working head over heels for a dead Arcade Market. At least that's my opinion. Every game they've released par the 'odd' one has been akin to Arca' - which isn't always a bad thing. Yet they need to remember people playing their games are playing on CONSOLES! It's that simple.

I miss the old days when they were a hardware manufacturer. If not for the ****ty fanboys the Dreamcast would have been a huge success. It had a good number of amazing games and it played like a dream - while having one of the best control setups I've ever used. Even to date - it shats all over the Xbox pad.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well i suppose the arcade market is HUGE in japan atleast might be so in some other asian countries too :p

17. gh4stly

gh4stly Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx970 g1 gaming 1599mhz
    arcades used to be cool,
    b4 DDR was invented.

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    meh, NFS is still alive and well... it is not really 100% arcade but close to arcadeish, i mean look at the drifting in carbon