Vsync Issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Zoik, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Zoik

Zoik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 @ 900/1800
    If I set a game to use vsync or even force vsync and set my Hz to 60 in windows and set it to 60 in games if the option is there It is still giving me 120FPS in games as if the monitor is set to 120Hz.. How come I cant get it down to 60Hz/60FPS?

If your wondering why I want it lower than 120Hz its because I want to have it at 60Hz/60FPS for Battlefield as my card cant not display 120 FPS to Match my monitors 120Hz. If I have vsync off I notice tearing and I just cant handle that.

Now in windows im pretty sure the 60Hz is working but I can notice the difference with mouse movements over a white screen. on 60Hz there is a slight trail behind the mouse and on 120Hz there is no trail.

In game I know its going back up to 120FPS because I have an on screen display that displays my FPS.. it goes to 120 and caps at 120. It should be capping at 60.. What is going on?

2. Kanisteri

Kanisteri Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Try to make a new resolution, if your display is 1080p, make a new resolution with 1920x1079 and put the refresh rate to 60hz, ingame then change to this resolution, should force the 60hz.

3. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    yes, create custom resolution with RR 60Hz, chances are, most likely that it will not work in games..., it's some sort of bug with windows or nvidia drivers (or both). You can also try some older drivers for that, but again, i don't know if GTX 570 is supported by drivers that can change it. Anyways, in Win 7, after SP1, i was unable to force custom resolutions in games. If you have a copy of Win XP, you can install it (64-bit edition for you) and use reforce or other 3rd party programs that will work perfect.

Maybe we should point that out towards nvidia, but i doubt they will bother with it. It would be nice to have a option to disable all resolutions except custom, and force driver to use only custom resolutions on games and desktop.

4. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    If that doesn't work you could always try using the frame limiter function in EVGA precisions. Lock the frame rate to 60 fps but force Vsync through the drivers. Dunno if that will still tear though...