Quick Question - TNT2 M64 OCing w/ RIVA TUNER

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Guest, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey everyone. Ok i have a TNT2 M64 and i juss found the the RIVA TUNER thingy prog... I wanna increase or better the performance somehow with my video card when i play games like Half-life. I decided to OC my TNT2. All i have on my card right now is a relatively small heatsink [ the one included with card ] and I wuz juss wondering...exactly how much OCing I might get from just this heatsink. Also...i have an old socket 7 HS/F combo...and I wuz thinkin if i could pop that on there somehow and make that work as the cooler.. Or on top of that....any good HS/Fs or Fans out there that are cheap that i can pop on there?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mchrisz831:<BR><B>Hey everyone. Ok i have a TNT2 M64 and i juss found the the RIVA TUNER thingy prog... I wanna increase or better the performance somehow with my video card when i play games like Half-life. I decided to OC my TNT2. All i have on my card right now is a relatively small heatsink [ the one included with card ] and I wuz juss wondering...exactly how much OCing I might get from just this heatsink. Also...i have an old socket 7 HS/F combo...and I wuz thinkin if i could pop that on there somehow and make that work as the cooler.. Or on top of that....any good HS/Fs or Fans out there that are cheap that i can pop on there?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just increase clock memory/core frequencies step by step by 5Mhz untill u'll get glitches or your videocard will hang. Than underclock your videocard a bit, so u'll find overclocking limit.<P>