Xbox hacking?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Fatso, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Fatso

Fatso Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EN7900GS 256mb (PCIe)
    Hey i didn't know where to put this but here goes. i just got an Xbox and i wanna learn how to get games on the hard drive. like what tools and stuff do i need? anyone know any good tutorials or has any info to help

thanks

2. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    mod chip ^_^

3. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
  4. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p

5. Byrd_Man5000

Byrd_Man5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
    I have a 250gig hd in my box.:D I love it/

6. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Doesn't it stop you from going "LIVE" though?

7. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    I've got a 120 gig HDD in it right now..It can stop you from going on xbox live if you've just flashed the xbox bios..elsewise the modchip containing the other bios can disconnect itself if you startup the xbox in a weird way so u can still play Xbox live...to be hounest i've had it with my xbox..it was fun for a while but now i've got a pc and everything just looks so much better..i also dislike those xbox controllers a lot..
    but like told www.xbox-scene.com is the place to go..if you know a little soldering you can probarly do it yourself..if not they're probarly lives some1 in ur neighbourhood that does it for a very cheap price;)

8. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Don't you need 2 Bioses?

9. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    if you want to play xbox live that is..if not you can flash the old xbox bios into a new one like evolution X or so..the mod chips got room for multiple bios'.

10. IceCube

IceCube Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 4 Ti 4200 VIVO
    To flash the bios that comes with the xbox you first have to solder some pathways so it becomes writable, then u need to either:

a: use a soft mod to get into the xbox (see on xbox-scene for more info) and then flash the bios. But as ppl said u will not be abole to get onto live and some game does accedentaly connect u could get benned for life (well there are ways around but 'nuff said...)

b: buy a modchip which installs into your xbox and has room for 1 (or 2 depending on modchip u buy) bios. This bios is in parallel with the xbox bios and will take ove when the chip is enabled (via switch). The newest bioses willl disable xbox live on the fly when the chip is enabled. Plus if u do wana play on live just shut the modchip off.

c: There's also a way to softmod the xbox and not flash the chip. It's the best way to go if u don't wana open up your xbox and void your waranty. However if u mess up u might have to go with the modchip solution as the ways to fix a badly gone softmod are not easy.

When i was deciding which way to got I went with a modchip as it was slightly more expensive then the soft mod; however if u already own the components for the softmod that might be worth to try. Overall my main reason to hack your xbox is so i don't have to buy the dvd dongle (now i can watch anything on it :) xvid, divx, etc.)

Hope it works out for u!

11. Rusty Clown

Rusty Clown Guest

live sucks! XBConnect is free and fast :D

12. Fatso

Fatso Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EN7900GS 256mb (PCIe)
    yeah i know XBconnect is good and all, But i can't get the damn thing to see my Xbox!!! grrr! I would love to play Halo online! But i can't because they removed the VPN that the Xbox used for XBconnect and Xbox Tunnel! those bastards!

13. Idioteque

Idioteque Active Member

GPU:
    Mediamax Radeon 9600 pro 256mb c:489 m:540
    so let me get this straight. if i get this modchip and flash a few bioses after adding an 80gig hdd i can install either linux or windows xp?

one other thing... Is it possible to upgrade the xboxes processor? and if so what socket would it be? i think xboxes use a modified geforce3 ti-200 graphics chipset so would it be possible to change that around too?

I hope some1 else has tried this...

btw have the ps2 hard disk upgrades come out yet? i want linux on all my systems.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2004
  14. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    i dont think you can install windows XP "maybe im wrong" but i've never read anything on it.

but linux you can, just need the right kind.

no one the CPU i dont think it can be removed as easily as a computers could by, once again maybe im wrong. and i believe its socket 7 p3 "the highest you could get it is 933mhz? but you can up the cache."

no you cant change the video processor.

i know how to solder mod chips into the xbox. such as the executer chips and i've done it before, "i did it to mine" but i only did it to play snes games, n64, and gba roms on my xbox "works great for n64"

sorry if i couldnt help.

15. Idioteque

Idioteque Active Member

GPU:
    Mediamax Radeon 9600 pro 256mb c:489 m:540
    ok, sorta related subject. i've seen the ps2 hard drives on sale and since i have a spare 80gig hdd lying around i was wondering if i could connect that? if anyone has any info or guides on doing this they're well appreciated.

I'm tempted to get an xbox because of its moddability (real word?) but i think i'll wait till xbox 2... that. will. rock.

ps. i decided to do a slight mod to my psx involving the original console, a jigsaw cutter and a multitap. tah-dah! four ports and a warped case. lol