Buying from the US

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by archie123, May 17, 2017.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I'm sick of sli I'm getting a 1080ti . Looking around prices are pretty similar.

There are a few US based eBay shops selling. Even with 20 quid postage they still come in at around 100 quid cheaper. Is there any kind of import tax? Is it too risky? Has anyone based in The UK ordered from the US?

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes there will be import tax, so you might end up paying more than before... (unless Brexit speeds up very quickly as well as any bilateral agreements with the US are done within the next days).

I've ordered from Blizzard's merchandise store not too long ago and had to pay import taxes (to the EU from the US), so I guess you'll have those too. Can't tell you exactly how much it is though...

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep the import tax makes it not worth it, along with RMA having to ship overseas again if it breaks

Otherwise all UK based e-shops would be out of business

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    This will help you calculate exactly what you'd end up spending:

https://www.dutycalculator.com/

I'm guessing you'll be slapped with an extra £100-150 at the least, you're better off just buying from a UK company.

5. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ah i see , so im better off sticking to the UK . I didnt even consider the return issues if it was faulty

6. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I just looked at that import tax calculator , £135 :3eyes: Makes it 40 quid more than buying here!