[POLL] Best MMORPG out there

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Noisiv, Jul 15, 2014.

?

What's the best MMORPG out there

Poll closed Sep 13, 2014.
  1. EVE Online

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Guild Wars 2

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Wildstar

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. The Secret World

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Survarium

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Elder Scrolls Online

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Neverwinter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Star Wars: The Old Republic

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. EverQuest II

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. WoW

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
  12. Other

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, it's the stupidest question, but I really NEED TO KNOW :bang:
    (bare with me if you can, if not just vote. Thanks)
    For me it's hands down WoW. And it's due to:
    • The amount of PVP/PVE content (that's what... 5 full games and the 6th incoming)
    • Superb Blizz polish in just about every game segment
    • Class balance
    • Story/lore - This is crucial
      I've played too many (MMO)RPGs that leave me emotionally flat.
      If I can't emotionally connect with races, NPCs, history and politics they might just as well have black and white dots on the screen.
      I actually care about who wins the Battleground, and I hate humans/elves prancing around full of themselves like they own the Azeroth.
      Gnomes and Dwarves are kind cool though. But mostly low-level frighten ones and unless they are winning :D
      If they are fully geared they need to DIE...

And the 2nd best MMORPG for me is Eve Online. And I have barely played it. I simply KNOW it's uber cool :)
    But here come my problems:
    1. Both WoW and Eve Online are huge time-sinks Which is kinda the opposite of my 2nd problem with WoW:
    2. WoW became too streamlined and casual. Everyone has the gear. Exploring... what exploring?
    I remember vanilla times and when entering new area I was either walking on tiptoes or running like hell from crazy mobs that could 1shot me.
    If it weren't for these two contradictory problems I have with WoW, I wouldn't even made this thread.
    Also you never get that same feeling when coming back right?
    Should I just leave memories to themselves, forget about WoW and move on?

Enough about me. What about you?

Which MMORPG is the best for you?

Additional request:
    Convince me WoW is not the best one, and that I should go ahead and try something new.
    I've played Vanilla and TBC extensively, Cataclysm not so much.
    My candidates are:
    1. EVE Online - hell yeah. Sadly I'm not that hardcore. Also you need 10 GHz Xeon for massive battles?
    2. Guild Wars 2 (are there any unforgettable NPCs? I fear I won't connect with the lore and the races)
    3. Wildstar(same^^; Telegraphing is already in WoW, you just don't get to see the colors, and it's not as much twitch-based)
    4. The Secret World (buggy? fringe? low budget/unpolished? I like the setting though)
    5. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (too Kawaii?)
    6. Survarium (it's a bloody shooter isn't it? stalker is a personal journey. also it looks too lively for a true STALKER game)
    Elder Scrolls Online - Skyrim, but online - liek who gives a @!^&,
    Neverwinter - nope. like any other free mmorpg - good at first, then one day you decide to wipe your installation. Want to buy back 30 days of my life.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic - not my cup of tea.
    EverQuest II - yeah its proly good, but hello?! - this is year 2014

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Mods can you please add WoW option to my poll.

It's missing and it's not by design. I forgot it LOL
    If someone spots an online mod, plx send him a message thx :stewpid:

3. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    There was no WoW, so i voted for other.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Other: RIFT

looks good and has tons of stuff going on, PVP, dungeons, Rift closing, special events, adventures, quests and more. :D

TSW is kinda ok, but game optimizations & engine is really bad.

5. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Other: There is no good MMO out there atm.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Eve online. Nothing comes even close to the complexity or sheer heart pounding fear when in 0.0 lawless space on your own, and in a sector that it patrolled by players who will kill you, then take your stuff.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Survarium/EQII make it on your list yet ... nvm, 0/10 will not vote

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Which one? LOL

I wanted to include few others like

Rift,
    Star Wars: The Old Republic,
    Dungeons & Dragons Online

but you have to click "submit new thread" in order to make the Poll.

So I did. And then I added poll options and submitted it again.
    But it was all over LOL. You can't edit the poll after submitting it the 1st time.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  9. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    EVE, SWTOR and WOW in that order.

10. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Well, no one is saying that you have to play the current version of Wow. ^_^

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Exactly. And I've thought about this, BUT it's impossible on official Blizz servers

THE WALL OF NO!

I won't play on any of "private" servers for lots of reasons.

D/L-ing Rift :nerd:

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wow. Then Rift and W*

13. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Surprised to see no mention of Ultima Online here yet. I am not an MMO player, but after backing Shroud of the Avatar, i see it has a legion of millions of fans that still play the game even today. I kinda wish I tried it now lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

15. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I still play WoW on a private and have a pretty good time. It's a BG/Arena only server though so it's not like I'm doing end game stuff over and over and over. Anyway, I voted for WoW (because really, it's a very very well made game) and GW2, because it was really really good, even though i didn't play it much (no time for MMOs these days).

16. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Ahhh I still have the beta CD of UO, was the best back in the days until they went all care bear. Being able to hide outside somones house and kill them for their house key and loot it was awesome lol

17. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    None of them really. There's nothing exceptional at the moment. I'm waiting for Everquest Next. Classic EQ and WoW are the only things that have been amazing for me.

I'm the same as you, into story/lore and it needs to be amazing there along side the gameplay. The game needs to be hard with plenty of punishment for lack of skill/awareness of surroundings with desirable rewards for the opposite. It needs to be hard to acquire gear and leveling needs to not be grindy omg. You need to want to log in and truly enjoy leveling. Wildstar is grindy as all crap in this regard and the art style while well done, is too samey, it has no atmosphere. The game has too much crap on screen (and layers of more crap behind it) to worry about and too much packed into maps also, More is not always better.

Played GW2, Wildstar, Wow, EQ, EQ2, ESO, Neverwinter myself. Heard of the others but to me, they sound like nothing special. Will check out the new wow expansion when that arrives.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  18. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    I've only played EQ2 from that list more than few tries(9 years, not anymore though), so i voted that. I would still play it, but they started going the wrong route for my liking in the last years, and it was bit tough to find groups in my playtimes, and i didn't have time to raid like i used to.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've played a few MMORPGs over the years, including recently FFXIV:ARR and Elder Scrolls Online, but none have held my attention for longer than a couple of weeks except for World of Warcraft which I played for 18 months solid when it first launched. I stopped playing it before the first expansion came out and have never been able to get back into it.

The Elder Scrolls Online seemed really promising initially, I really enjoyed the beta, but I quickly got bored of the final game and cancelled my subscription last month. The problem for me was that I wanted a single player ES experience but instead I got a diluted version tacked onto an MMORPG framerate and it just isn't as enjoyable sadly. It looks like an ES game and it has the locations and visual style of those games too but as far as the feel goes, it feels a bit off and you nothing that the longer you play. The quests are not engaging and having lots of other players doing the same thing as you makes you feel a lot special in the game world than you do in the single player games.

20. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Poll needs Rift :)