People upgrading in 2014, what phone are you getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Apr 16, 2014.

1. blad00x

blad00x Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 2 gb
    i think i'm getting the samsung s5 it seem really good , water and dust proof , nice design ... everything good :)

2. meryon

meryon Guest

GPU:
    RADEON 7950 / 3Gb
    Yep, I'll take this one : HTC One M8

3. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    I currently have the Note 3, Sony Z2, and HTC One M8.

4. bigmac313

bigmac313 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670/8gb RAM
    the LG G3 is amazeballs

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Wow, you have the best 3 phones available. I bet if you was asked which one you preferred, you wouldn't be able to answer.

Each have their advantages and disadvantages.

The Note 3 has a great camera, video camera and 3gb ram. The Sony Z2 looks the better of the 3, is waterproof and glass/metal finishing.

The HTC has the worst camera of the 3, however, it looks beautiful, has wonderful stereo speakers and the best sound quality of the 3.

Which one is best, it's your call...

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Been on Android since my Galaxy S2 and with my S4 right now, but i've to admit that Windows Phone Lumia serie kicked my ass, might consider switch to windows phone next year.

7. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Here's My devices. I don't have preferences in Mobile OS, Guess I love them all except Blackberry OS...:D

[​IMG]

8. WarrenCKC

WarrenCKC Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE 2GB
    I'm interested to see how the Note 4 will look like and what will be the specs but I don't think it will impress me enough for me to ditch my Note 3 though.

9. calob0903

calob0903 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2gb
    The iphone 5s is fine im not upgrading for a while

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    It won't be much different than the Note III. The only minor difference you will get are the screen being 2k or higher, slightly bigger battery, better processor and a curved screen as an option. That's it.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Too easy to predict, I'd be surprised if it was anything but a Snapdragon 805 with 3GB LPDDR3. Rumours say it'll be the same 5.7" size as the Note 3 but it'll be curved (wtf?) and have a 1440p screen. Honestly even 1080 would be super overkill if it weren't for the fact that 720p on a Pentile screen is still grainy. On non pentile screens 720p is more than enough even up to 6 inches.

There will also be a new S5 with the Snapdragon 805 and 3GB of RAM along with a 1440p screen to slap current S5 users in the face.

Paid $700 for your S5? Here's a better one 2 months later! Byeeee! - Samdung

12. Sub

Sub Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    If I really had to choose I'd go with the Galaxy S5, because HTC has been a bit off there game lately, I have a HTC One currently and it only causes more and more problems. I mean it's a terrific phone but...when it comes to updates and support for their products it is just god d**n awful.

13. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    what pisses me of about Z1/Z2, you can't take photos in 16:9 at full MP... only 4:3

14. Violins77

Violins77 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 (TOP Bios)
    Really tempted by the One M8, but Telus and HTC are just awefull about rolling updates in Canada...

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've had a windows 8 phone, had a few androids before that (the ill-fated sony playstation phone - xperia play, damn good for emulators though) I currently have the iphone 5c.

This was my first iphone and while the exclusive games and apps are nice, I HATE the screen size, I HATE how apps work with the jailbreak and cydia.

I miss just rooting a phone and having things to my liking. Apple's environment is just too constricting. I'm also wanting something with a bigger screen, I know the iphone 6 will offer this, but I don't think I want to continue to deal with ios.

I'm due for an upgrade next month and I've had my eyes on the LG G3. Looks amazing. Anyone have this or used it to comment?

I also recently purchased a nvidia shield tablet and I'd like a phone with the same os to have more fluidity between them both, especially things like sms messenger so I can get messages on my tablet when the phone is on the other side of the house or charging, etc. Y'know..useless, lazy stuff I don't really need but convince myself that I do lol. :banana:

Any opinions on the LG G3? I am also looking at the S5, I played with one yesterday that a friends wife just purchased. I like the screen size but the LG G3 seems to have 3gb of system ram vs. 2GB and a slightly bigger screen and if im gonna get something, I'd rather get the best hardware I can right now (I know, 50 better phones are coming in a month but that's the price you pay with technology. Just trying to get the best that's out now).

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

16. DrDoU

DrDoU Guest

GPU:
    power color rx6800
    Went from iphone 4 to Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

17. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I've currently got an HTC 8X but I'm looking at the HTC One W8 (Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1).

18. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Exchanged my HTC Desire X for a LG G2 Mini couple of weeks ago, quite pleased with it so far.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    dumped my iphone5s from primary phone and replaced it with my previous second phone HTC ONE M8. and as second phone Samsung s5. good so far.

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 635 (from work) with 32gb microSD. Been better than what I expected.