Cuda.

Discussion in 'Programming/Html' started by shadex, Oct 18, 2011.

1. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Guys, I am currently developing an application via C# (MS Studio 2010) using VS100, but requires V90 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 along with 2010 for CUDA purpose.

Currently, I am adding MFC to my application and only using CUDA to capture live stream via webcam, so currently I don't know how it works but I do have a general ideal of how host and device, programmatically, works.

I tried to implement it on C++ using CUDA 4.0 toolkit and linking the CUDALIB.dll and assigning the compiler to CUDA C++, and using VS90. It didn't work for some reason and simply couldn't read the header that's supposedly call CUDA functions, even __GLOBAL__ didn't work - undefined.

Is it possible to use CUDA via C#? So I can integrate it in MFC? I have novice understanding of C++, but have taken Java courses (I,II, and III). So I know the basic arithmetic expressions, interiations (for loops and etc), classes, and etc. Currently trying to understand the basics of C++.

http://blog.cuvilib.com/2011/02/24/how-to-run-cuda-in-visual-studio-2010/

That's the instruction I tried to follow in this blog, didn't work for some reason. Any assistance would be grateful. I am desperately trying to learn CUDA as it will benefit my company greatly.

2. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    nvm

Dave.

3. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
  4. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    I think to develop in CUDA you need special version of C++ from nvidia, or plugin for Visual Studio. I remember reading about it a while back and it said something to that extent.

I have no idea if it helps or not. lol

5. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Have u tried other tutorials?

The Kit he already downloaded from the tutorial already has the right compilers