Corsair & Transcend RAM

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Justhavocman, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Justhavocman

Justhavocman Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2
    So , when i first bought my pre-built pc ( roughly 1.5 years ago ) it already have 2x2GB Transcend Ram sticks inside , i was a total newbie back then thus the pre-build pc , now that i have a "clue " of whats going on regarding computers i upgraded to 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 kit , my question is , can i just add the 2 sticks that came with the pc before i upgraded? giving me a total of 12GB of ram? Or it has to be of the same manufacturer?

2. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    Shouldn't be any problem mate, even if the Corsair sticks have higher clock speeds they'll automatically run at the same speed of the ram you already had installed, give it a try. :)

3. Justhavocman

Justhavocman Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2
    Hmm , by runing at lower clock speed won't the transcend then kinda bottleneck the Corsair ones? Won't my pc run slower?

4. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    Do some tests before and after..

5. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Not really worth the time or hassle of running the older (and as you say, slower ram) if you not going to make use of it. Are you running out of ram with the 8gb you just installed?

More isn’t always better, best to keep it simple.

Chances are, you’ll never notice the difference in speed if you do mix and match. As suggested above, do before and after tests.

6. Justhavocman

Justhavocman Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2
    Very well , i will run some tests and post results , thank you all , cheers :D