The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. rikkiepc

rikkiepc Member

GPU:
    7950 CROSSFIRE
    From techspot:

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So we need to disable crossfire to fix some issues. Glad to know. i will test when I get home soon but saying you have to disable crossfire to overcome some issues is unacceptable.

3. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    These drivers are brilliant! Went from 57fps (on sdhdship) to 69 fps! And it's 99% usage on both my 7950's! It's AFR without the flickering :)

I thought I would never say this but THANKS amd!

4. carsar

carsar New Member

GPU:
    7950@1150/1600
    Novigard, 15.4.1
    2015-05-29 11:01:58 - witcher3
    Frames: 2312 - Time: 64000ms - Avg: 36.125 - Min: 30 - Max: 43

Novigard, 15.5
    2015-05-29 13:04:49 - witcher3
    Frames: 2337 - Time: 64000ms - Avg: 36.516 - Min: 30 - Max: 43

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  6. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    You can only say this because some druid never transformed you into a Tree!
    [​IMG]

Guess this is the issue they're talking about?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S96rA3DrToY

NOT the same as AA Stuttering/Flickering but only happening on some light effects.... but it's damn annoying.

7. rikkiepc

rikkiepc Member

GPU:
    7950 CROSSFIRE
    So what happened here...topic died out since the latest driver came out. Any more experiences with crossfire? Unfortunatley I don't have the time right now to test things...

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well people just gave up on whining. A couple of people bought themselves nvidia gpus and sold off their crossfire setups, some are using a modded version of the win 10 driver, some have already finished the game and moved on with their lives, some are happy with how the beta 15.5 is performing, some are just fed up with dx 11 and are dreaming of dx 12 and waiting for it, and you got me and just a few who want to drive up to amd driver team and knock 'em out :D

9. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I *think* the new driver may be better on a gigabyte r9 280x.. I played for a couple hours last night, still early on, just killed the griffin. framerate seemed to be pretty steady at 57-60fps during the session.. at first glance I thought maybe it wasn't running as good as 15.4 or the converted win10 drivers, but now I'm thinking it may run better, since I didn't notice any massive fluctuations in framerate while playing, which I did before.. I still do get some weird camera stutter, or momentary freezes, almost as if it's taking a second to process the assets, but that has been there since day 1 with this game.

10. rikkiepc

rikkiepc Member

GPU:
    7950 CROSSFIRE
    Don't use the ingame framerate limiter, but make a profile for tw3.exe in Rivatuner and limit frames there instead. In your case I would limit frames to 55fps. This fixed the stutter issue for me...

11. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Performance is great even @5920x1080 but i can't live with the flickering.
    I can't believe that this is all we get. As usual we will get a driver once it is not relevant anymore.

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I posted this in another thread (latest driver posted by Asder). I hope it helps you.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You're probably introducing a bit of lag (said the guy with the double vsync 30fps limiter), but I guess it's worth it.

14. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    :banana:

YES!

15. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    After the latest W3 update, it's gone back to looking messed up as I first reported in http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5079419&postcount=546

I don't think I've updated the driver since I fixed the problem previously (still on 15.5beta in Win8.1), so I can't think why it's gone screwy again. It did say it reset the user settings when I first launched after the update but I've gone through and tried turning things off/down and nothing's helped so far.

I'm at a different location in the game now but it seems anywhere there's water, whether a lake or a puddle in a marsh, it just has this strange solid blue texture. I was going to play Act of Aggression earlier but the textures for that were completely messed up as well. I'll have to try them both on my Win10 install and see if that's any better.