8.1 Tablet Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Extraordinary, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I have a cheap BUSH MyTablet 8" thing, running 8.1 with Bing

I tried to upgrade it to Windows 10 10041, but as with every previous single attempt to upgrade, it either reboots and fails and restores, or hangs about a quarter way though, I reboot and it restores

This time it hung at 30% for hours, so I reset, and it restored as normal, except this time it corrupted the recovery partition, so I have a working 8.1 install, but no recovery partition

No biggy I thought, I bought a MicroUSB > USB adapter, stuck a keyboard and 8.1 USB stick into a hub, and went to boot from USB to make sure I could reinstall Windows on it, I can't - it has EFI USB, EFI DVD, and EFI NETWORK boot options, of which none work

Ive created a UEFI FAT32 USB stick, it still fails, Ive disabled secure boot and made a normal NTFS USB stick, it still fails, it keeps saying the device does not have USB boot ability

I can get into the limited BIOS, and it does say there is USB boot options, and it is enabled

There is also a Boot Manager option, but selecting that just reboots the tablet into Windows

I enabled the Administrator account in Windows, logged into that, and attempted to remove the old recovery partitions, but the only option I get in disk management is "help" for those partitions

I imagine I can use DISKPART to remove them - but Im still stuck if this 8.1 install ever corrupts because I no longer have a recovery partition

Is there a way to create a working recovery partition from the current 8.1 install?

Is there something Im missing trying to boot from USB?

--------
    EDIT - Can't believe it, created a GPT UEFI USB Stick and it's booted from it :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ok, wiped, installed, drivers installed, nothing missing in device manager - but screen auto rotation is not working

Im guessing I missed some software I needed to backup - anyone know what I need?

3. black1stallion2

black1stallion2 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 2GB
    Hi, im in the same boat as you, same tablet crashing at 31%, so i bought a OTG adapter after failing to get it to boot from an SD card, i have finally managed to get Windows 10 onto the tablet but several of the drivers are missing, touchscreen, sound, wifi and several others. i have tried driver detection programs such as driver genius, intel auto update utility. even tried hardware diagnosis software like hwinfo32, cpuz to see if the can see what the hardware is so i can chase down a driver but no luck, i, using a usb wifi sdongle with the tablet so it has internet access. where did you get the drivers? if they were install automatically via windows is it possible for you to use a tool like sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/ and send me a copy of the drivers, ill even send you a little something via paypal if you do.

Thanks

4. whiteghost

whiteghost Guest

GPU:
    intel HD
    guy's had Bush my tablet 32g which died but I found these driver backups on my sd card,

Can't post link but if there is a way I can get the link to you please let me know?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Sorry, totally missed this post, if you still need the drivers I can upload them, kinda half got screen rotation working, it thinks up is left and right is down etc, but works

Just post the link with hxxp instead of http

6. whiteghost

whiteghost Guest

GPU:
    intel HD
    files

Thanks for tip!
    My brain was not fully awake :)

hxxp://ul.to/2auqdx9u

hope these help?

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks, I`ll have a play with them later and see if I can fix my orientation of the auto rotation

If the other guy comes back, I`m sure he'll be happy too lol

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Can you check if there is any auto rotate software installed too?

Just wondering if there was any actual program that controlled rotation, rather than just a driver

Justin Vaughan likes this.
  9. Justin Vaughan

Justin Vaughan Guest

GPU:
    Hi,

sorry to resurect this old thread, i really need the drivers for this bush ac80cs tablet, and see you guys found them somewhere? is there any chance someone still has the drivers?

thanks in advance :)

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The link above still works, ul.to/2auqdx9u

11. Justin Vaughan

Justin Vaughan Guest

GPU:
    wierd, didn't take anywhere last time, but it is working now, thank you very much :)

Extraordinary likes this.
  12. Rufus is a good tool for making all kinds of bootable flash drives. Works really good for modern stuff and windows based tablets and surfaces and what not.

13. Hari

Hari Guest

GPU:
    1gb
    Hello, I’m late as well,
    I’ve downloaded them drivers things what do I do know?
    I’m really confused what do do with them,
    Could you help me

Thanks in advance!

14. Hari

Hari Guest

GPU:
    1gb
    Please...