Moving Overseas

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Wilan, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Wilan

Wilan Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770 CF
    Hello everyone. I just have a few questions with reguards to high end gaming machines. I am moving to Canada shortly and I am looking to purchase a gaming machine that will not likely need to be updated anytime in the next 1-2 years with hope and has tech. I am hopeless when it comes to hardware and all that so the least I have to do with assembly the better, and I tend to break the hardware stuffing around lol (inadequate cooling). I have been looking at Dells XPS systems and yes aliewares alx systems. I was just wondering what other companies can be recommened in Canada? or what I could do over there?

2. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    With Alienware you pay for the aesthetic designs and sort of the support.

Why not look for other custom sys-builders like IBuyPower or CyberPowerPC?

3. dodge1

dodge1 Member Guru

GPU:
    5870 CF
    The prices in Canada are a whole lot higher than they are in the states. If you doubt that statement, post your question @ Hardware Cunucks.

Dell doesn't make all that bad of computer and you'd have the peace of mind a warranty offers. However, they bundle poor performing GPUs and the prices they want for upgrading the GPU is a total rip off. Alienware charges a rather large tariff just for their name, so I'd pass on that idea.

If you've got the change, I'd suggest taking a look at these:

http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/custom-gaming-desktops.html

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

4. Wilan

Wilan Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770 CF
    I have been looking at those websites. I just wanting something that comes assembled and I dont have to mess around with. My last computer I had custom built was a mess and I blew alot of it. So I just want to have the security of tech support and warranty. I am aware it might cost abit more money... but that is okay as long as long as it works and well!